nasty street race last night on 45/college

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboy576103
Sad to see that happen never good to see when someone has to go like that! RIP!!

ILL Put Him to the test i promise you!!!

To the rest of you asses who dont think trucks are ment to be raced!

Any idiot can take a fbody put a cam&Tune and be decently quick, Now get a 4500lb Truck to outrun that camed camaro Takes knowledge and knowhow..

I think we all have a reason to race regardless of what you got. If anything you should switch over to PerformanceTrucks everynow and then
and support us truck guys! Maybe ever show a little respect for those of us who bust our asses to get where we are...

We come onto ls1tech to see what you guys have going on y not just drop in and say good job from time to time....

To those of you who do that its well appreciated!!
Pretty sure if an idiot can make a car fast they can make a truck fast too.
Also I'm sure that idiot's car wont do 16 flips down the highway as easy either.

I pissed further.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Sorry, but some people streetrace for 20 years, and never hurt themselves or anyone ele. And some...... kill people. If you can't drive worth a ****, don't streetrace! Simple as that
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well just seen this thread , two of the guys that were in the maroon truck were my friends (george aka panda) and alex , I went to school with both and had most classes with them . Sucks cause I had just seen george about couple days before this happen and him and some girl I knew were starting to just talk (go out) . His funeral is next. Week on Monday and alex is this Thursday I believe . I didn't want to read the whole thread so just decided to post. If u look close on the vid u can see some of there faces , leg hanging out , and a boddie on the floor. We know what we r getting into when we go out and street race, so becarefull and god bless....
Old 02-10-2010, 05:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't there another Crash in the same Area Last Night (Tuesday) involving a Truck street racing?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe the head u see is alex and the boot is george , also there might be the boddie on the floor covered with a white sheet thats george so i heared yesterday. Last night I visited some of the people who also cared for them and the girl who was datting george and said my sorrys, they told me that it was 4 guys and one girl. The other truck(non maroon) had the 3 people the driver survived in that one and the other 2 died . The girl was sitting in the middle of the truck and only 16 : ( , well cops told the family that the girls head got cut off with the motor , some final destination stuff .. it was sad to hear and well stuff happens for a reason.

I also have almost got in a bad accident in a fun run about 2 months ago in the new camaro I have , was running a ls3 vett from a 1st gear role, well I hit it went sideways towards vett , then try to control it to the left jump curve ( on feder)slid on the rocks and grass and back on road. It was scarry and would never like that too happen again. It sucks cause my girl was in the car with me and now scared to drive in it . I almost lost my life and girls for street racing and verry scary and sad . I have not raced since then cause always think about it twice before I go out again....

So when yah go out once again becarefull and be safe plz thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

It's Sad No doubt.....we just need to be carefull out there, think twice and all.. i Know everytime I hop in my Camaro I'm Scared I say a prayer and kiss my medallion for good luck, hoping this car comes back in one piece and im alive in it.

but this accident means that yes the heat is on.... COPS will be in full force and will pull anybody over that pretty much has a loud exhaust and Cam.

The South side of Houston is not somewere you wanna be racing for the next couple of months. sucks for me I live 5 mile from the accident.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Its simple, keep away from the hot spots from now on.. im telling ya from experiences.. My buddy (SHPD) described the scene, and even he felt disgusted from the accident. This were young kids in the 20's and i will say it again, THIS WAS A STREET RACE that went wrong. They will be out in full force for any suspicious altered vehicle for random inspections and such..

After i flipped over my blown stang years ago, it was an eye opener for me.. These are public roads and streets. Chances of a driver racing down in any of the streets and involved in a accident are HIGH.. Everyone should know that.. Its the perfect reason why any racer should go to the track... even though it cost money to race, life lost has NO VALUE.. its not worth to lose your lives or any other because the cost of a few dollars to race at the track.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by red281gt
Well just seen this thread , two of the guys that were in the maroon truck were my friends (george aka panda) and alex , I went to school with both and had most classes with them . Sucks cause I had just seen george about couple days before this happen and him and some girl I knew were starting to just talk (go out) . His funeral is next. Week on Monday and alex is this Thursday I believe . I didn't want to read the whole thread so just decided to post. If u look close on the vid u can see some of there faces , leg hanging out , and a boddie on the floor. We know what we r getting into when we go out and street race, so becarefull and god bless....
Its good to see a young fella opening his eyes of this rim reminder.. My condolences to all victims families affected from this.. Remember its not worth it anymore.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by red281gt
Were these kids from Alvin?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Were these kids from Alvin?
proably not, me and red281gt grew up together, we lived in south east houston. thats where these guys are proably from
Old 02-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned

Wow, thats a bad way to go. RIP. My condolences to the familys.

For the guy who seems to hate trucks, have you driven a new truck in the last 10 years? It takes a hell of a screw up to roll them. My 1 ton Cummins quad cab long bed handles great, and shows no inclination to roll. Ive slammed it through corners and walked away from stangs and camaro's that thought they could hang. Even showed a few ricers on a drift track. Ive driven plenty of Chevy's Dodges and even a ford or 2, and nothing tries to roll like the old ford highboys used to do. Or my Wrangler for that matter. They are wide and have a low center of gravity. You should see the tests they have to pass before they ever see a public road. Some people would rather have a sleeper, rather than a car that draws the cops. I dont get near the tickets in my diesel that I got im my Camaro's, Chevelle's, Nova's and old rat rods. And with overdrive, and 27mpg, I drive way faster that I did with no o/d and 4.56's. Cant haul my other toys with a car, bla bla bla. With trucks you give up a little on your ET's to get an all around vehicle. Sounds like a worthwhile trade off to me.

As for street racing, it aint worth it. As many times as Ive almost been taken out because some idiot cant drive, I figured out that its not the racing, high speeds, or the vehicle you are in, its the other driver. Or parts failure. I did break an axle on the launch and slammed a wall. Or crap on the road. If you want to race, find a track. And dont race with other people in the vehicle. Imagine what the drive who lived feels like knowing his stupidity killed 2 friends and another car load of people. To be honest, he should be doing life for murder. The driver is responsible for the people in his or her vehicle.

Drinking and motorsports or any sort dont go together. Period. The end. Driving home with a couple under your belt is one thing, but thats a simple drive home, not racing. Even then, look for other alternatives. What are you going to feel like when you smash a kid packed minivan and kill a few of them because you did something stupid?

Oh well, rant off.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redneck2
Wow, thats a bad way to go. RIP. My condolences to the familys.

For the guy who seems to hate trucks, have you driven a new truck in the last 10 years? It takes a hell of a screw up to roll them. My 1 ton Cummins quad cab long bed handles great, and shows no inclination to roll. Ive slammed it through corners and walked away from stangs and camaro's that thought they could hang. Even showed a few ricers on a drift track. Ive driven plenty of Chevy's Dodges and even a ford or 2, and nothing tries to roll like the old ford highboys used to do. Or my Wrangler for that matter. They are wide and have a low center of gravity. You should see the tests they have to pass before they ever see a public road. Some people would rather have a sleeper, rather than a car that draws the cops. I dont get near the tickets in my diesel that I got im my Camaro's, Chevelle's, Nova's and old rat rods. And with overdrive, and 27mpg, I drive way faster that I did with no o/d and 4.56's. Cant haul my other toys with a car, bla bla bla. With trucks you give up a little on your ET's to get an all around vehicle. Sounds like a worthwhile trade off to me.

As for street racing, it aint worth it. As many times as Ive almost been taken out because some idiot cant drive, I figured out that its not the racing, high speeds, or the vehicle you are in, its the other driver. Or parts failure. I did break an axle on the launch and slammed a wall. Or crap on the road. If you want to race, find a track. And dont race with other people in the vehicle. Imagine what the drive who lived feels like knowing his stupidity killed 2 friends and another car load of people. To be honest, he should be doing life for murder. The driver is responsible for the people in his or her vehicle.

Drinking and motorsports or any sort dont go together. Period. The end. Driving home with a couple under your belt is one thing, but thats a simple drive home, not racing. Even then, look for other alternatives. What are you going to feel like when you smash a kid packed minivan and kill a few of them because you did something stupid?

Oh well, rant off.
I'm sure if he survives they will press charges and he will go to jail. Doubt it will be first degree, at best it would be 2nd degree, but even that is hard to prove. More then likely vechicular homicide/involuntary manslaughter, serves about 12 years...
Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Domsz06
I'm sure if he survives they will press charges and he will go to jail. Doubt it will be first degree, at best it would be 2nd degree, but even that is hard to prove. More then likely vechicular homicie/involunary manslaughter, serves about 12 years...
Sucks for him, but he did ask for it. I can remember riding around in my 9 second 1/4 Elky when I was 17 and getting called a ***** by my friend because I wouldnt race some ricer in traffic. Swerving through traffic with a spooled rear end and dot slicks? Yea right, but some idiots do it. I put too much time and money into my **** to take chances like that.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear that Jose. :/

No I don't hate trucks, I have one. But I don't race it..
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JayBee
No I don't hate trucks, I have one. But I don't race it..
Not everyone has more than one vehicle. And whats wrong with someone wanting a truck thats quicker than stock? If its not a little sports car it has to be stock? I souped my diesel up because it towed better, lower egt's and better fuel mileage. Heck, this big old truck gets 27mpg, and will walk lightly modded f-bodies and stangs at the track. Sure, if I put the money I have in it into a Camaro, I would have a faster car. But thats been done. Over and over and over. Also, it wouldnt tow my 41' camper.

And really, what gearhead can leave anything he owns stock? When I see anything stock, I see yet another commuter, too busy on the cell, eating, putting on makeup, whatever, to be paying any attention to what they should be doing, driving.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
proably not, me and red281gt grew up together, we lived in south east houston. thats where these guys are proably from
yeah they were both from the souht east side , real cool dudes , sucks they have to leave so soon ..

and for the guy who said another accident happen yesterday just like that. well i think he is right , i was on that side yesterday with couple of friends and one of them drove up and said a black 4 door silverado was wrap around a tree , maybe another street racing not sure but it was around 6pm
Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

yea me and red281 gt went to school together and both knew the guys. well me somewhat. its very sad. and u need to be careful jose **** can happen think twice before you race and if you do be as careful as possible
Old 02-12-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I haven't race since the last time I almost wreck **** was scarry , I haven't seen my mom in about 6 yrs and looking foward to finally going in april to see her in mexico , I really don't want to leave this world without seing my mom first
Old 02-12-2010, 08:35 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

All of you that are arguing about trucks are ignorant. This accident isn't about trucks, it is about drinking and driving. A bunch of young kids with only a few years of driving experience, getting drunk and racing. They could have been driving the most expensive exotic cars in the world, and it would have still happened the same way.

Houston really should fund some public dragstrips, and keep them open on weekends.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

damn this thing still goin on ?? lol trucks are sick dropped or lifted !! i dont own a truck but i perfer my camaro !!

Quick Reply: nasty street race last night on 45/college