Metal:A Headbangers Journey

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal:A Headbangers Journey

Have any of you guys seen Metal:A Headbangers Journey? I saw it last night for the first time. I thought it was great and I liked how it debunked most of the notion that all of Metal is Satanic music. The Norwegian Black Metal is a different story for sure. I forgot how short Ronnie James Dio is.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I watched it. Didn't they say that Slayer isn't satanic?

Yeah, the Norwegian people are extreme. They were burning down churches "for Satan".. Crazy stuff.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KevinR
I watched it. Didn't they say that Slayer isn't satanic?

Yeah, the Norwegian people are extreme. They were burning down churches "for Satan".. Crazy stuff.
Yeah Tom Araya said he was Catholic but Kerry King, one of the founding members said he was atheist in more words.

The Norwegian dudes are evil. Did you here them say that one of the bands lead singers blew his head off with a shotgun and the other band members made necklaces out of his skull fragments?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by boostnificent
Yeah Tom Araya said he was Catholic but Kerry King, one of the founding members said he was atheist in more words.

The Norwegian dudes are evil. Did you here them say that one of the bands lead singers blew his head off with a shotgun and the other band members made necklaces out of his skull fragments?
Wow...No I missed that part. I was in and out while it was on. Sick people. There is such a thing as "going too far"
Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Mayhem

In 1994 Vikernes was convicted of the murder of his Mayhem bandmate Øystein Aarseth, known by his stage name Euronymous. Vikernes was further convicted of four counts of arson involving the burnings of historic churches, and was sentenced to 21 years in prison. Having served almost 16 years of a 21-year prison sentence, Vikernes was released on parole in early 2009.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Mayhem
I like the music but I can't really support someone that burns churches, worships satan, and kills people.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

^thats not what ALL metal bands are about...
Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen this numerous times it's pretty good. All that black metal stuff is crazy though. I like the music, but not the message. Some people just look into things too far. I agree though not all metal is about baby killing and such, plus at the end of the day it's just music. People are always going to dig deep into the lyrics and interpret them however they want to.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94TRANS
^thats not what ALL metal bands are about...
Mayhem and most of the Black Metal is though.

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
I have seen this numerous times it's pretty good. All that black metal stuff is crazy though. I like the music, but not the message. Some people just look into things too far. I agree though not all metal is about baby killing and such, plus at the end of the day it's just music. People are always going to dig deep into the lyrics and interpret them however they want to.
I totally agree. I loved the fact that they showed that the majority of it is just a show or catchy lyrics.