72.09%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Thinkin of bringing my pet snake with me to C&C, want yalls opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinkin of bringing my pet snake with me to C&C, want yalls opinions

Nobody ever gets to see my Albino Burmese Python unless they come to my house and thats a shame cuz shes beautiful and the most docile pet ive ever seen. I never bring her places out of concern somebody may get freaked out and cause trouble.

shes a 12 foot Albino Burmese Python, and all i pan to do is hold her on my shoulders/arms/person as i walk around to see the different cars. If anybody wants to pet, touch, or hold her i have no problems with that. If anybody wants me to keep my distance ive got no problem with that either, and if im kindly asked to leave then i will do so.

Im not at all concerned that she will bite anybody, and if she gets irate im sure i will know, ive owned this snake for several years and been around her all her life, roughly 8 years. In all that time shes never once bit a single person and if she gets pissed i can see it/feel it instantly through her body language.

im posting this poll just to get an idea what you guys think, bring the snake cuz it would be cool, or leave her at the house.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

shitty cell phone pic taken within the last year
Old 04-27-2010, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I don’t know man. I once heard if someone were to bring a snake to C&C the entire world would explode. I wouldn’t risk it. Think about the kids.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Teching In

I think there is a difference between a docile snake with her "owner" and a docile snake in a social situation. Is this a pet that is around a lot of people and social settings often or not? When was the last time she fed? I think use your own judgement but I can see a snake that has been raised in captivity with little to no social situations under his/her belt kinds freaking out with 10 people crowding around it wanting to touch it. Just my .02 I use to do bio-medical research with anti-venom of over 50 species of venomous snakes maybe i'm just scared with the vision of all these poisonous snakes wanting to bite me LOL.... I've had a king snake and hondorun milk myself and I would bring them to the poker table with me weekly to chill with the guys and hang out under my shirt. I say go for it worse case leave her in the back seat to chill if she gets irritated.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ross, LOL.

Gigemrick, shes used to people big time, and i just fed her 2 jumbo rats and a 3lb rabbit like 2 weeks ago. cleaned up a big damn turd Sunday evening, friggan snake can **** better than anybody i know.

I used to get drunk at parties and get her out, id be walking around through all the people and noise with her draped on my shoulders. we even took her on the motorcycles through the neighborhood one time.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

May be a good way to meet some women, but you are creating a liability situation for yourself. Not worth it IMO.

Now If you just want attention, you could wear some wild clothes and run around yelling, "Look at me!". J/k
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

we recently lost ours, it got to 15+ feet. I personally wouldnt do it...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

It's not the snake you need to worry about.. it's other people..
they are not around snakes, and may not know what they can and cant do, causing a problem..
If you want to show the snake off, have an open house, and invite people in.

Just a thought...
just because you really really like snakes, doent mean everyone else wants to be around one..
and thats their choice and your choice.

It's your call though

Last edited by ThunderZ28; 04-27-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Leave the thing at home, if people wanted to see a snake they would go to the zoo....

B
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

this forum is getting more weird everyday
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

I have an 8 foot also and never had any problems when it's around people. It will definetly get a lot of attention so if you do take it... I would just put it up as soon as it starts getting irritated.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Banned

I voted leave it at home because honestly I hate snakes to death, and kill them all on site. Snakes are evil you know?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

If I were at least reasonably certain a snake (non-poisonous) wouldn't bite me, I'd touch it. I'm not a fan of snakes, but they're just another animal to observe/enjoy.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Things I think about with snakes are the little ones are whippy and freaky as hell! Even garter snakes are crazy. I guess bc they are smaller and try to do the showoff never back down menuever. I've never had a problem with the pythons and such. They are so much more docile. It's quite strange to me but that's bc I've never fully researched it. How far do you live from the event? If it's a reasonable distance I saytalk to the event holders and if they are cool go for it. Are you going to have a good place for shade if it's too warm outside?cuz I wouldn't want her out in the heat for too long of a time. I don't know how well they do even considering where they come from. If she gets antsy then just take her home. No need to keep her in an environment where it puts her in a stressed mood. Hope all goes well! I'd definitely come up to you
Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If you bring a snake this time, next time someone will probably bring a wolf, then a crocodile, then someone will show up with a full grown male lion, then some rich dude will arrive via fire breathing dragon. Are you prepared to start that kind of chain reaction?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Launching!

if someone brings a fire breathing dragon.... I'm bringing a bunch of asian people
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
If you bring a snake this time, next time someone will probably bring a wolf, then a crocodile, then someone will show up with a full grown male lion, then some rich dude will arrive via fire breathing dragon. Are you prepared to start that kind of chain reaction?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Great idea man! What if it mistakes somebody's little lap dog or even a little kid as prey? How do you think things will turn out?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No. People will be like, "wtf." Then they you'll be like, "It's Ruperta, my pet snake." Then they'll be like, "wtf, why is a snake here?" They you'll be like, "Oh she likes to chill and be seen." Then they'll be like, "WTF!"

If it gets loose you can use Berry White to help you get it back

Doubt he's going to let it run loose, sure it'll have a collar and leash.

Last edited by BizZzatch350; 04-27-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 PM
RCC
On The Tree

I think you should bring the snake and park next to the guy with the air force vette.