What would you have done? Guy lets his kid door ding the shit out of my truck.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's shocking that people out there are this inconsiderate/stupid. If it would have been my fault, I would have made everything right with the car owner. Why would anyone hit someones car when they were sitting in it, and then just walk away when they clearly saw it?? That guy should have his car keyed to **** just for being an idiot.

Personally I would have slashed 2 tires, that way he can't just slap the spare on and go replace it.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:38 PM
joc
Teching In

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
The dodge wasnt like a beater or anything, I just say piece of **** cause it was a basic model, 4 door, 2wd 4.7 v8 like 06 body style.

Some people cant afford the luxury of buying a FULLY EQUIPED car man. Im with you on what they did was wrong and he deserved what he got in return, but i hate when people ctitisize and lavel what other people drive as POS without knowing what kind of situatuion they are or what they going thru. I respect everybody and i think you should have approached the guy and asked him for his insurance. If he had refused, you can write down his plates and file a hit and run report, I have done it before
Old 07-26-2010, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ysb02
Make sure they're the ones that did it though.

It would suck to park next to someone and get your car keyed because the person in the spot before you did the dinging.
On my case there was no one parked next to me when I got there. Plus it just makes me mad when anyone parks way too close to my car. It's always people with big trucks or suvs...I mean if you can't park that big bitch find a different spot like in the back of the parking lot....lol!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think you did the right thing. The smart thing probably would have been trying to get your car fixed by getting his insurance info, but the revenge temptation is a strong one. I can't say I blame you.

There was absolutely no point in getting out and giving the guy a beating or tongue lashing in front of his little boy. That would have been pretty disturbing for the kid to see. Kuddos to you for being aware of that and taking a different path.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RCC
I would have politely asked the dad for his info. So he could pay for the damage out of his pocket or claim it on his insurance. If he acted like a dick and didnt want it make right for his kid denting your truck, I would file a police report. Thats what the responsible me says, my inner voice would tell me to flatten all 4 of his tires and leave him a note saying thank you for the dent..
X2 insurance claim. Happened to me before but the Guy war drunk and his buddy had his door open when he backed up and wedged his door in mine. Luckily someone wrote down his license plate number while I was in the store. He got arrested and his insurance paid for my damages. Then the day after we got it out of the shop my wife got t boned and totaled it. Damn the luck
Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Details on what YOU!! did lol .... thanks for caring about the kids ......
Old 07-26-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by drago1217
X2 insurance claim. Happened to me before but the Guy war drunk and his buddy had his door open when he backed up and wedged his door in mine. Luckily someone wrote down his license plate number while I was in the store. He got arrested and his insurance paid for my damages. Then the day after we got it out of the shop my wife got t boned and totaled it. Damn the luck
Damn man, that is some extremely bad luck
Old 07-26-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stomp the dudes face in Texas Heat. Then shrug your shoulders when the kid looks up at you.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:54 PM
The House is Rockin'

i always carry around a drill bit just for times like this. there is just some scratches you cant buff out
Old 07-26-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
i always carry around a drill bit just for times like this. there is just some scratches you cant buff out
LOL ! I like where you're going with this...
Old 07-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlay
Details on what YOU!! did lol .... thanks for caring about the kids ......
What I did involved my boot, my fist, my key, some small pebbles that found their way into his valvestem caps, and a nickel. Yes, a nickel LOL.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RCC
I would have politely asked the dad for his info. So he could pay for the damage out of his pocket or claim it on his insurance. If he acted like a dick and didnt want it make right for his kid denting your truck, I would file a police report. Thats what the responsible me says, my inner voice would tell me to flatten all 4 of his tires and leave him a note saying thank you for the dent..
+1

always pisses me off when people do this. ive had 2 different people leave paint (red and blue) on my white car, and guess what, neither left a note with their info. if i ever find out who it was, they'll likely be payin for a new windshield . too bad though, i guess my cars just patriotic
Old 07-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Nickel?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Something to consider since this is TX. Lets say you get out and into his face and he has a CHL. You don't think you would have a pistol pulled on you if not shot for your trouble? All he has to do is "fear for his life." Is a door ding worth that? Same thing goes for the revenge concept, or you may be on a seveilence camera or someone's cell camera getting your revenge and will be in court over it. Damn cameras are everywhere anymore.

The best bet would have been to try to get his insurance info.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quick
Nickel?
Yes a nickel.
Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Something to consider since this is TX. Lets say you get out and into his face and he has a CHL. You don't think you would have a pistol pulled on you if not shot for your trouble? All he has to do is "fear for his life." Is a door ding worth that? Same thing goes for the revenge concept, or you may be on a seveilence camera or someone's cell camera getting your revenge and will be in court over it. Damn cameras are everywhere anymore.

The best bet would have been to try to get his insurance info.
Considering this was on a military installation, no I was not worried about him carrying a piece as that is illegal.

As for the survellance camera idea that is also a no go, it happened in the parkinglot of the building I work in. I would know if there was cameras.

Someone's cell camera? Your watching too many movies lol.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

You have to be careful these days. You can get a gun pulled on you quick. Besides the fact i would never let my kid do that, if someone jumped in my face like that they would have my sc xd40 in their face real quick.

Screaming and yelling like a little kid would accomplish nothing. Ill side with Rc on this one, not saying I wouldnt be damn tempted tear his head off though
Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Teching In

So this was in the parking lot of the building you work in? Chances are this guy knows it was you that fucked his truck up. Better hope he doesnt see your truck around. With that said...i woulda done the same thing lol.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

i just want to know what the nickle was for??????
Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
Yes a nickel.

Considering this was on a military installation, no I was not worried about him carrying a piece as that is illegal.

As for the survellance camera idea that is also a no go, it happened in the parkinglot of the building I work in. I would know if there was cameras.

Someone's cell camera? Your watching too many movies lol.
This is the same military installation that had a mass shooting recently right? I've read/heard things from individuals that have vowed never to be unarmed again and it isn't difficult to carry a firearm onto a military base. I've been on a few and have never been checked so they're operating on the honor system. Ok forget a gun, how about a knife in your gut? I carry one all the time as many other Texans do. Hell, a guy stabbed someone in the face with a pen at Comic Con. Not to mention what would happen on an assault and battery case like that? Is a ding worth the cost of defending yourself in criminal and even civil court cases? My arguements are plausable, is a door ding worth it?

I watch too many movies huh? Apparently you don't watch the news and haven't heard of youtube. There are a lot of video feeds from cell cameras or the other small video sources taken by people that were in the right (or wrong) place at the right time. Remember Rodney King? That video wasn't from a news station. Again, cameras are everywhere.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 07-26-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ELDIABLO
I mean if you can't park that big bitch, sell the ******* monstrosity and buy something your stupid *** might actually be able to handle properly...like a mini cooper or a VW Bug....lol!
fixed it for ya!