What would you have done? Guy lets his kid door ding the shit out of my truck.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tripps
.....Texas Heat was twice the other guys size.
Ok I guess I misread that part of the story but it is irrelevant. If you aren't going to watch your back for yourself no one is.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Launching!

what would i do? well since my daily is a 700rwhp f350, i would have busted the windows out, wrapped a chain around the roof and the pulled the truck on its side. then laughed.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gunter96ws6
what would i do? well since my daily is a 700rwhp f350, i would have busted the windows out, wrapped a chain around the roof and the pulled the truck on its side. then laughed.
Now that....is worth a video!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had this same thing happen to me, well kind of.. My brand new escalade that I waited 2 months to get and is about 2 weeks old and I'm at a golf course for a meeting. I park on the back lot and by myself for a reason. Come out to see a 4 door car parked right next to me and a nice great big door ding. I could of killed someone right then. Long story short. I find the guy with his kids playin golf and I tell him his kids put a door ding in my truck and I want you to pay for it. He pretty much said **** off we didn't do it. So I make a comment like well if your cars fucked up when you get back its not my fault. Need less to say I had to call the cops and he claimed it on his insurance. The dude could of just gave me $50 bucks and I'd be fine with it.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
VTEC must have just kicked in.....
Old 07-27-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCam97
NAAAAAS! must have just kicked in.....
Fixed
Old 07-27-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
Fixed
haha, must have been "two of the big ones."

Old 07-27-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TechCam97
haha, must have been "two of the big ones."

"I need NOS!" paul walker
Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Launching!

I think you should have said something to the guy...just my opinion.
I had a similar incident happen to me in the parking garage at my work. I was sitting in my TBSS and some ladies came back from lunch and the passenger in the back swung open her door and I heard and felt a bang. I got out of the car and told the lady that she may want to be a little more careful with her door next time. She just looked at me. Luckily, there was not a ding. I am very much a car person and take very good care of my vehicles and can not stand a inconsiderate person.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

no need to be rude...but damaged property needs to be spoken for...****** *** hole kid lol
Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ford
I woulda got out and yelled. Half my size or not, maybe the kid would have learned to respect other peoples property after daddy got his *** whooped.
x2
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have not had to say anything other to this guy & his kid but, thank you and yes I will let you or your insurance company the details and cost... Nice to have met ya.

When I was a kid and had done something wrong incidentally or even knowingly, my father would explain and show me what I had done, have me apologize to the aggrieved party, and then Dad would make it right. This was called upbringing and teaching respect for others while also expecting the same from them.

These are the small moments that can teach large lessons for life.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
You should have not had to say anything other to this guy & his kid but, thank you and yes I will let you or your insurance company the details and cost... Nice to have met ya.

When I was a kid and had done something wrong incidentally or even knowingly, my father would explain and show me what I had done, have me apologize to the aggrieved party, and then Dad would make it right. This was called upbringing and teaching respect for others while also expecting the same from them.

Agreed.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Launching!

My favorite door ding story....I have an 81 CJ7 that's lifted, etc. It has steps bars on it. I was sitting in it several years ago in a parking lot (nice day and had the top off). Some guy pulls up and parks next to me on the passenger side and flings his door open hard. It hit my stepbar hard enough that I felt it sitting in the drivers seat. He gets out and looks at his door horrified and then looks at me. I am trying not to laugh at this point, but its pretty hard. Then he starts giving me crap about how my jeep tore up his car. His tone of voice made it sound like he expected me to pay for damags. I hopped out and walked to that side of the Jeep and can see the edge of his door is bent, paint chiped off, etc. It was really f'ed up. He asked me what I intended to do about it. I just said the first thing that came to mind and that was "I don't think my stepbar came off my Jeep and beat the sh^% out of the your door so I don't see how this is my problem." I walked back around my Jeep and hopped back in the drivers seat. He slammed his door and walked off really pissed off. I was gone before he came out, but I couldn't believe he tried to actually put that on me. He is probably the guy who door dings everyones car and was pissed that his car was damaged for once.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
My favorite door ding story....I have an 81 CJ7 that's lifted, etc. It has steps bars on it. I was sitting in it several years ago in a parking lot (nice day and had the top off). Some guy pulls up and parks next to me on the passenger side and flings his door open hard. It hit my stepbar hard enough that I felt it sitting in the drivers seat. He gets out and looks at his door horrified and then looks at me. I am trying not to laugh at this point, but its pretty hard. Then he starts giving me crap about how my jeep tore up his car. His tone of voice made it sound like he expected me to pay for damags. I hopped out and walked to that side of the Jeep and can see the edge of his door is bent, paint chiped off, etc. It was really f'ed up. He asked me what I intended to do about it. I just said the first thing that came to mind and that was "I don't think my stepbar came off my Jeep and beat the sh^% out of the your door so I don't see how this is my problem." I walked back around my Jeep and hopped back in the drivers seat. He slammed his door and walked off really pissed off. I was gone before he came out, but I couldn't believe he tried to actually put that on me. He is probably the guy who door dings everyones car and was pissed that his car was damaged for once.
It's kind of like when big trucks have that low trailer ball in the back and someone plows into the back of them. They get out and get all pissed at the truck driver for having a trailer ball that low.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
He must have been Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like he should. He probably blew the welds off his intake with that 100 shot of NAWZ.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Teching In

lots of internet tough guys, funny at some of these meets most are young 20's chicken bones or fat pieces of chewed up bubble gum.. NEVER mess with a man that is with his young son..

sorry BADZ, just calling it like it is
Old 07-29-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trenaman
NEVER mess with a man that is with his young son..
I couldn't agree more.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sundaydriver