What would you have done? Guy lets his kid door ding the shit out of my truck.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
What I did involved my boot, my fist, my key, some small pebbles that found their way into his valvestem caps, and a nickel. Yes, a nickel LOL.
Hell yeah I would do the same ****!!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
fixed it for ya!
nice!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Something to consider since this is TX. Lets say you get out and into his face and he has a CHL. You don't think you would have a pistol pulled on you if not shot for your trouble? All he has to do is "fear for his life." Is a door ding worth that? Same thing goes for the revenge concept, or you may be on a seveilence camera or someone's cell camera getting your revenge and will be in court over it. Damn cameras are everywhere anymore.

The best bet would have been to try to get his insurance info.
Yeah this is very true.

But if you know what you did and you don't have the decency to say "hey man im sorry he's just a kid", then he deserves some kind of payback. Just a simple "im sorry" can go along way. I had a guy hit my truck at autozone once and I saw him but he didn't see me so I got out and went around and looked to see if he left a mark...it did but it wasn't that bad. I told the guy " hey man, you just hit my truck" he said "Im soo sorry man". I just told him "it's ok, just be more careful next time". Now if he would have gave me some smart comment/ attitude I would have jumped down his ***. Oh and if he pulled a gun on me he better pull the trigger...because I too carry and If I feel my life is any "real" danger I will pop his ***...lol!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
This is the same military installation that had a mass shooting recently right? I've read/heard things from individuals that have vowed never to be unarmed again and it isn't difficult to carry a firearm onto a military base. I've been on a few and have never been checked so they're operating on the honor system. Ok forget a gun, how about a knife in your gut? I carry one all the time as many other Texans do. Hell, a guy stabbed someone in the face with a pen at Comic Con. Not to mention what would happen on an assault and battery case like that? Is a ding worth the cost of defending yourself in criminal and even civil court cases? My arguements are plausable, is a door ding worth it?

I watch too many movies huh? Apparently you don't watch the news and haven't heard of youtube. There are a lot of video feeds from cell cameras or the other small video sources taken by people that were in the right (or wrong) place at the right time. Remember Rodney King? That video wasn't from a news station. Again, cameras are everywhere.
Your right, it would be possible for someone to record the events. But I saw nobody else in the parkinglot around and stayed pretty much sandwiched between our trucks so it was a low visability area.

And Ft Hood does not work off the honor system, and since the evens that unfolded they have stepped up random inspections like crazy. My truck has been checked 4-5 times this month alone. And pretty much everyone knows that if you get caught trying to bring a weapon on Hood right now they are gunna fry your *** if you get caught. But you are right again, someone still could sneak one on. They would be in way more trouble than they could handle if they pulled it though. Federally fucked.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Resident

I would have smirked right back at him because I knew as soon as they went off to have their father-son day I would have keyed "Teach your kid to respect other people's property" on the side of his car.

I feel you on this one though, Heat. Kids change how I handle my temper too. Waited in line at a movie theater with some friends for a pretty long time one night, when these little preteen bastards cut in front of everyone right before they opened the doors. I felt like I couldn't start **** with them because they're underrage, and the managers/staff/security didn't do **** when it was brought to their attention.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Wearin' da big hat

So you messed up his truck and just moved your truck to a different spot in the parking lot? That was stupid...

You should've gotten out and confronted him about it. He sounds like a real ***** to not own up to it in the first place, or at least apologize and yell at his son for it.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:33 AM
WKF
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like Karma needs a little helping hand sometimes............
Every once in a while I swear Karma asks me personally for that help........

That situation , I have a feeling would have been one of those times.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

This is why I don't let my five year old daughter get out on her own when we're in a parking lot. I always come around to her side and hold the door for her because she just tosses the door open. Parenting is in the little things you do to show your kids the proper way to act, you don't even have to get onto them for it. When they see you do certain things on your own then they start to imitate it.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good job Jimmy, dont teach the kid something before hes old enough to understand it. you say you finished your burrito accross the parking lot, does that mean you saw him come back to his truck and find his new "Custom Mods"?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
So you messed up his truck and just moved your truck to a different spot in the parking lot? That was stupid...

You should've gotten out and confronted him about it. He sounds like a real ***** to not own up to it in the first place, or at least apologize and yell at his son for it.
So you would of got out and confronted him and started a shitstorm in front of a child who would assume it was all his fault? No thanks man.

I paid the guy back for thinking it was funny to see his kid smash my truck, not because the kid did it. I dont fault the kid at all, he didnt know any better. But I do fault the father for smirking at me and shrugging his shoulders.

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
Good job Jimmy, dont teach the kid something before hes old enough to understand it. you say you finished your burrito accross the parking lot, does that mean you saw him come back to his truck and find his new "Custom Mods"?
Nah I moved to the opposite side of the lot, and it is a big *** lot. Im sure the nickel probably clued him in pretty quick though lol......
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

LOL...the nickel has everyone on this thread scratching their heads as to what it was used for.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Banned

Lol....

I superglued that **** to his door. I was looking through my center console, and about all that was in there was a tube of superglue and some change. So I put the two together LOL.

I was looking for a dime to superglue over his key hole but I didnt have one....
Old 07-27-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Jesus I bet that guy was ******* pissed to all hell.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Teching In

not liek he kicked it, a little ding sucks, but can be fixed, not worth getting a felony for assualt then getting sued. Also he was with his son, he should have done the right thing and left his insurance card or his # at least..don't trucks have those door side skirt things to protect door dings anyway?.. this is why I park my vette way in the back.. I will walk the extra distance to ensure no dings..
Old 07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trenaman
not liek he kicked it, a little ding sucks, but can be fixed, not worth getting a felony for assualt then getting sued. Also he was with his son, he should have done the right thing and left his insurance card or his # at least..don't trucks have those door side skirt things to protect door dings anyway?.. this is why I park my vette way in the back.. I will walk the extra distance to ensure no dings..
You know, with my GTO and all my Camaro's and such I always did park way out in the back to avoid dings. But with the truck, im just not as worried about it.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Teching In

You can't really be afraid in that circumstance to talk to a guy twice your size. Although maybe I'm used to it cause almost everyone is twice my size lol. It's ok to sound frustrated, I mean who wouldn't be, but try to remain respectful. Ask for his insurance, name, number and write down his plate #, and get a quote for the work to be done and give him the option of insurance or pay it out of his pocket. If he refuses any of that write down his plates, call the police and file a report.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by buddyleex
You can't really be afraid in that circumstance to talk to a guy twice your size. Although maybe I'm used to it cause almost everyone is twice my size lol. It's ok to sound frustrated, I mean who wouldn't be, but try to remain respectful. Ask for his insurance, name, number and write down his plate #, and get a quote for the work to be done and give him the option of insurance or pay it out of his pocket. If he refuses any of that write down his plates, call the police and file a report.
.....Texas Heat was twice the other guys size.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Teching In

I'm just going to say....you have to get out and say something.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
So I was sitting in my truck on my lunch break, eating my chicken burrito and listening to some music minding my own business.

Some ******* in a POS 4 door dodge backs in all up on me on my passenger side. I was like WTF why get so close, but I thought nothing of it really.

Well he gets out of the truck, squeezing his way out without hitting my truck. Well he walks to the front of his truck, next thing I know is I hear a bang and feel my truck move. Im like no ******* way, look over and this dudes like 7 year old kid is shutting the back door of the truck.

My jaw dropped and I looked right at the guy, he looked right at me and shrugged his shoulders with a little smirk on his face. He told his kid to hurry up and come on and they walked away like no big deal. I get out of my truck to see the damage and see a nice door ding that ate into the paint a little bit.

Well I was furious that this guy let his kid do that and didnt give a ****, so I got a little payback and moved my truck to another part of the parking lot LOL. Normally I would have jumped down the guys throat right then and there, but I really didnt want to get into a guy half my size's face in front of his kid. I respect the relationship between a father and son, and would never want to belittle this guy in front of his son.

Now given the circumstances, what would you have done?

I feel bad about it now and I was alot younger also, but the same thing happened to me and I chased the guy down and made him pull over and in the end he offered to pay to fix the scratch and ding in which I let it go after my husband reminded me to calm down etc...people just dont have respect for other peoples property much less there own. So I park very far away now and occasionally you will have some *** clown park right next to you when there is 20 open spaces in the same area. What kind of pay back lol
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

If i was in the beater, i would have done something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBvys...eature=related

1:48 is priceless "War is not the answer"