Cam time, MS3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
again read this thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...heads-cam.html

btw afr 205's are about 23-2400? and really all they need is a little milling.
Well there it is...I didn't exactly want to have any motivation to click on that link the first time.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

so what do you do for monies?
i slang rocks
Old 07-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
nope brian is still a lil bitch lol. im still 19 yrs old so dont think ur so young. haha to brian about being ur dads brother lol. thats what u get for being half mexican lol
yea but ur car has been stock for like 3yrs LOL
Old 07-26-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about y'all but I sell drugs..

Seriously what did you guys do to make money at a young age? Y'all all know what I do.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin

Seriously what did you guys do to make money at a young age? Y'all all know what I do.
I work for Chase bank, The small team that im on test new projects prior to them releasing them to the public/Branch systems.

Here are 2 of the most recent that we have done, You may have seen new commercials about these.

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_n...iphone-banking

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...firmation.aspx
Old 07-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
yea but ur car has been stock for like 3yrs LOL
hey bitch my car gets a mod every year ok. lol. i dont wanna spend money on it cause i wants a vette. what i do for monies is chill at home all day lol. when i had a job i partied like alot so nothing went to my car haha. right now looking for a job but alot of plants have construction on hold. but i might start working soon at 18$ an hour working 7 10s ooohhh yeaaaa. oh ima welder
Old 07-27-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm in the military...i don't make ****...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
I work for Chase bank, The small team that im on test new projects prior to them releasing them to the public/Branch systems.

Here are 2 of the most recent that we have done, You may have seen new commercials about these.

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_n...iphone-banking

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...firmation.aspx

Holy crap, 1sickz28 is a Bilderberg operative!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
Holy crap, 1sickz28 is a Bilderberg operative!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^what he said.

on stock heads i would go no further than a torquer v2. if u read in the tech section an ls6 intake will lop off air flow somewhere around 265 cfm. so why put a top end cam under it? to really utilize an ms3 you would need a good set of heads and a ported FAST. otherwise it will be a pig down low.
If I remember correctly, the MS3/4, and TREX were designed for people who wanted to go cam only. Does that mean that they won't benifit from a good set of heads? NO. But, people have gone pretty quick cam only with these larger cams. But, if you want to get the most out of a larger cam like this without pulling the heads, you will needs gears, and weight reduction.

if you haven't already done so read this thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...heads-cam.html

but remember you are staying stock motor.
I didn't go back and read that thread, but if I remember correctly, the cam he used was basically an MS3. I could be wrong...

With all of that being said, an MS3 is not undriveable. I daily drive mine, and it's not bad at all. My car is stock geared with some light weight reduction. The car would benifit greatly with gears, but I am bored with the car and don't feel like spending any more money on it. The car almost feels like it has turbo lag from a stop, but from rolls it goes pretty hard. It's my NA version of a Supra.

However, if I get a decent launch it gets going quick.

Anyways, I just wanted to give a little bit of input of my experience with this cam.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'm in the military...i don't make ****...
No kiddin. I remeber getting my first $600 ish paycheck and thought I was a high roller.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You really don't have to make a whole lot of mod money when you are 16-18 years old. I assume you live with your parents, and don't have many bills.

I still probably have the same amount of mod money I had when I was 17 or 18. I make a lot more money than I did when I was that age, but paying for a house, food, insurance, cell phones, and bills in general make it dissapear very quickly.

The main problem I had with saving money when I was younger, was that I was stupid. I spent all my money on fast food, video games, giant pogo sticks... etc. Just be smart with your money.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Juicy J
The main problem I had with saving money when I was younger, was that I was stupid. I spent all my money on fast food, video games, giant pogo sticks... etc. Just be smart with your money.
my down fall fml
Old 07-27-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Luckily I was smart about that stuff, I am so stingy with my money. I put away $10k for college and have another 5k for play money. I'll pretty much double anything I put into the 70 Camaro though, that's why I love fixing up old cars.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

lol there were days where i would have so much cash in my hand but idk why i never put it into my car. i only wanna add stuff to my car when im broke lmao. when i have cash all i wanna do is party
Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LMAO you guys talking about big cams drive like **** on the street bahahahaha. My wife drives her WS6 every day with the ms3 on a 113 lsa. When we put the cam in it had pacesetter lt's,TSP y-pipe and magnaflow muffler, slp lid and the ms3 and it put down 406 at the wheel. TSP prc stage 2.5 ls6 heads bumped it to 443. the fast 92 and Nick Williams bumped it to 471.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
LMAO you guys talking about big cams drive like **** on the street bahahahaha. My wife drives her WS6 every day with the ms3 on a 113 lsa. When we put the cam in it had pacesetter lt's,TSP y-pipe and magnaflow muffler, slp lid and the ms3 and it put down 406 at the wheel. TSP prc stage 2.5 ls6 heads bumped it to 443. the fast 92 and Nick Williams bumped it to 471.
Remember seeing her car when I dropped off that shift light a long time ago, her car is sick!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Remember seeing her car when I dropped off that shift light a long time ago, her car is sick!
I have seen 5 other f-body cars get that cam with exhaust only and they all made close to the same power 400-410rwhp
Old 07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

the OP, figure out what you want to do with your car first!! you dont want to buy a cam just for the sound.. the clip of the X1 with dynomax bullets is sick.. i also have the X1..

honestly, think about what your goals are! i think any off the shelf cam will do. i know people will flame me, but i dont think you need a custom cam.

these sponsors get asked the same questions 100x a day.. what make makes good power, or my car is a street car, or a track or blah..blah..blah..its easier to see results with an off the shelf cam.. 90% of the people on this site have the same wants and needs so go with a off the shelf cam. i highly doubt a custom is gonna be that much better..plus its less brain work.. also if your gonna spend a shop to install, and tune i would suggest going with a somewhat large cam. i never rode in a cammed car and i have the X1 and i plan on stepping up to a MS3.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM
9 Second Club

I have the XER281HR. Essentially comp's version of the Torquer V.2

It pulls pretty good and has a nice lope to it. With my stall and gears, it drives 100% like stock.

Here's a quick vid taken with an iphone. This was before I lowered my car so it looks bad, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wc7k7R13HA