Clutch pedal falling towards floor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal falling towards floor!!!

About a month ago my clutch pedal started creeping towards the floor at high Rpm. So my first guess was that the slave was worn! It was a little different than slave problems I have had in the past though. In prior instances the pedal would go to the floor and i would have to pick it back up with my toe and pump the clutch back up for the pedal to hold up. This would occur under regular driving in traffic when the clutch pedal was getting alot of action though. On this one it falls to the floor then I pick it back up with my toe and it stays up. No pumping required. I purchased and installed a new GM slave and it is still doing the same thing. The car has a Tick adjustable master in it so i dont think that it is worn out. The clutch is a stock clutch. It does have tons of material left on it and hardly any hard spots. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?? Its only when the car hits higher rpm's before a shift. Its not after the shift it is before! which puzzled me. It goes to the floor without me touching it at high Rpm. But under regular driving conditions it is perfect. Could adjusting the master out fix this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Blake
Old 09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When that happened to me, it was the slave. The one that you replaced it with, was it a new GM one? Usually, when you swap MCs, you should swap your slave as well...
Old 09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

any trash in the master reservoir? check for leaks? I am guessing since you replaced the slave, that the hydraulics involved have been flushed...
Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
When that happened to me, it was the slave. The one that you replaced it with, was it a new GM one? Usually, when you swap MCs, you should swap your slave as well...
I didn't swap out the Mc. The car had a year old Tick in it when I purchased the car. I did put the new Gm slave in it though!!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
any trash in the master reservoir? check for leaks? I am guessing since you replaced the slave, that the hydraulics involved have been flushed...
I could not see any trash in the resevior! The resevior stays full so im not thinking there are any leaks. I also flushed as much out as i could. got probably 80-90% put!! Im stumped!!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Banned

Have you bled it correctly?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Have you bled it correctly?
Yes sir. I first did it with my mighty vac, then manually bled it. Then again with the mighty vac. I might try to hit it some more later though!!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned

So does this only happen when you're driving, and using the clutch pedal a lot? My feeling is it's still the slave... Get a friend to pump the clutch while you check all lines for leaks. Do you hear any noises when engaging the pedal?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Your pressure plate could be giving up. The fingers flaten out at high rpms. Look into it
Old 09-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 87fierose
Your pressure plate could be giving up. The fingers flaten out at high rpms. Look into it
That's what my gut feeling was. I have another z06 clutch I can toss in and check it. Thank you!!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check the rubber line that goes from the reservoir to the master cylinder. I did a car and accidentally kinked the rubber line and it would do the same thing you are describing. Run you hand all the way down the line and under the break booster to make sure the hose is straight.