Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twelver12
Perhaps there should be a ban on the breeding of stupid people, that would solve so many problems
Then Tony never would of gotten rich off of LS1tech! LOL
Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
HarHar, cause people asked me to stud him out means my pit bull is ideal

There is nothing "wrong" with a pit weight 70+ pounds, it is just not the way the dog was originally bred for. If your pit is 115lbs and proportional, awesome.

Somebody just asked me how much they "should" weigh, and I gave the traditional weight. People have been breeding them to be bigger for sometime now.
Umm, generally speaking here of course, getting asked to stud your dog out is about one of the biggest compliments you can get on your dog... Its a compliment on looks, demeanor, temperament, everything lol. I'm not gonna swing in circles anymore. The way I see it, 50lb Pitts are a thing of the 80s. Right now, I could list probably 5 kennels that have dogs in the 130lb range.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

uuuhhhh, 50lbs pits were the thing from 1890-1980 because that was the original breed.

only finding 5 kennels with 130lb pits in the last 10 years should tell you something
Old 01-15-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

as far as weight, the ADBA doesnt give specifics - just that the height/weight and general appearance should be proportional

UKC says:
"The American Pit Bull Terrier must be both powerful and agile so actual weight and height are less important than the correct proportion of weight to height. Desirable weight for a mature male in good condition is between 35 and 60 pounds. Desirable weight for a mature female in good condition is between 30 and 50 pounds. Dogs over these weights are not to be penalized unless they are disproportionately massive or rangy."

since the Pit Bull is not a recognized breed with the AKC, the AmStaff is given as:
"Height and weight should be in proportion. A height of about 18 to 19 inches at shoulders for the male and 17 to 18 inches for the female is to be considered preferable."

...however, this was established in 1936
Old 01-15-2011, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by imlooking
uuuhhhh, 50lbs pits were the thing from 1890-1980 because that was the original breed.

only finding 5 kennels with 130lb pits in the last 10 years should tell you something
I realize this, however the "original breed" has changed since then... And the [I]only 5 kennels[I] part was a bit of sarcasm... could probably list like 10 if I wanted to. Not sure what youre getting at here... In other words, the number of kennels selling 130lb+ dogs greatly outweighs the number kennels braggin about their 60lb "studs".
Old 01-15-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twelver12
Perhaps there should be a ban on the breeding of stupid people, that would solve so many problems
Totally agree.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

here is my killer Cujo.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't pay for a 130# pit. I would rescue one or take one for free... but I wouldn't pay. My boy weighs around 85# and he was the runt, all the others hit over 100#. However he is tall so very proportional.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CJJones87
In other words, the number of kennels selling 130lb+ dogs greatly outweighs the number kennels braggin about their 60lb "studs".
false again.

i would pay for a pure bred Colby dog any day of the week before a 130lb hybrid pitbull.

i've been owing and training pits since i was 13 years old back in the early 90's.

130lb pits were non existent until @ 2001/2002.

any old school dogman will tyell you that he would much rather have a true Colby or Carver bulldog than anything ever bred right now.

do you even know what Colby or Carver's are !?!?
Old 01-15-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

false again.

i would pay for a pure bred Colby dog any day of the week before a 130lb hybrid pitbull.

i've been owing and training pits since i was 13 years old back in the early 90's.

130lb pits were non existent until @ 2001/2002.

any old school dogman will tyell you that he would much rather have a true Colby or Carver bulldog than anything ever bred right now.

do you even know what Colby or Carver's are !?!?
Not trying to add gas to the fire... But agreed.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

gimme a dog from Tudor or Hienzle or Carver or Colby any day of the week. it's hard to find pure bread game dogs like that any more - or should i say "dead game" dogs. i'm sure people still pay $8000-15000 for a Colby, Carver or Tudor dog.

those are old school dogmen that paved the way for the pitbull.

those guys right there were pioneeers and bred the absolute best dogs from the late 1800's up until the 1970's.

i wish there was more of them around
Old 01-15-2011, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

and FYI, the dog in my sig was born in February 2001 - she'll be 10 years old this year

a dog like her was not common at all, but i took a chance with her. i typically kept to Old Family Rednoses, but this "new breed" was interesting.

like i said in an earlier post, these big blue dogs are passive and tame compared to the old bulldogs from the 50's-80's. they are waaaay more family oriented and geared towards show.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

heres my brothers pit

i have more here
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...ls662003/Zoey/
Old 01-15-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sisters Pit Bulls are awesome, it's so fun going out into the back yard and wrestling with them. Nicest dogs ever but they do tend to forget how big they are. I would be sitting on the couch and here comes these massive dogs at full sprint charging for me.

We had a Rott too and it was the coolest dog ever. Thing was so chill, wouldn't harm fly. I grew up with that dog and it was the worst day ever when it died.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
My sisters Pit Bulls are awesome, it's so fun going out into the back yard and wrestling with them. Nicest dogs ever but they do tend to forget how big they are. I would be sitting on the couch and here comes these massive dogs at full sprint charging for me. .
agreed. For fun i would wrestle with zoe ( the dog i posted) i then run away to a different room while she is chasing me comes spread eagle jaw wide open and all, you can really feel how powerful these dogs are. She is the nicest dog though she wouldnt harms anyone. she just likes to say "hi" to people
Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

gimme a dog from Tudor or Hienzle or Carver or Colby any day of the week. it's hard to find pure bread game dogs like that any more - or should i say "dead game" dogs. i'm sure people still pay $8000-15000 for a Colby, Carver or Tudor dog.

those are old school dogmen that paved the way for the pitbull.

those guys right there were pioneeers and bred the absolute best dogs from the late 1800's up until the 1970's.

i wish there was more of them around
Even when people call their studs 130 lbs, they seldom are. The chevy/whopper lines are the largest. I have personally seen barons bigblock, Bate's Mr. Rip, and a few camelot dogs thats claimed it. I dont feel as if any really cleared 120. But at 120, thats ******* huge. I have owned Freeman, colby, carver, and cujo. All those game dogs are **** as typical pets. The same as my wonderful OFRN female that tries to break the window out of my truck when she sees a dog on the side of the road going 70 mph.

APBTs are purpose breed working dogs that dont have a physical breed standard. And these ******* puppy ****** nowadays just do whatever they can to get more liters. Whether it be a razors edge dog that cant jump over a shoe or a watered down, paper hung mastiff. I told alot of breeder friends of mine a while back to **** off, when I woke up and realized they didnt care about the dogs, just the dollar. And if you run puppies for a quick dollar, **** you too. One of my females below.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

how tall are these 130 lb dogs? pit bulls are generally more squatty and muscular. a 18" 130 lb dog would either be obeise, or arnold swartzenagor. my american bulldog is small at 90lbs and towers over any pure pit that he has been around. he is a little over 27" at the shoulder.

the pit bull breeding has gotten out of hand because of the demographic of the people the breed attracted in the last 20 years. every wana be thug and gangster wanted the meanest looking/acting dog, so they were bred with larger dogs to get some size to them. most "pits" that you see on the side of the road are some kind of mutt. i cant count how many people have asked me to stud my dog out to their pit. they usually have no business breeding a dog, and dont give a damn that my dog is not a pit bull. they just like his size and look.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

It cracks me up while I'm at my moms vet hospital.. my mom will say how big is your dog and they reply 100-120#... they usually end up in the 75-85# range when they say that.
Very few dogs break 100#s. My boys brothers and grandpa all were over 100#s, they are also very tall as well.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Its not a tendency of the breed but the PEOPLE who raise this breed. The only way my pit would hurt someone is if you tripped on her. I've gone so far as to train her to bring you a toy rather than jump on you. Bad for stuffed animals, good for you haha

Most of the time, journalists just throw the words 'pit bull' in with any dog attack.
Kind of how most criminals now carry an AK-47 or Glock
Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish these dumb ***** would put all this effort into fighting illegals. How many of them have killed people and even killed cops? I am 100% sure its alot more then any pitbulls.

I have had pits in the past and the only one that was a retard was a blue. Red was fine. Had a crossbread pit and that **** was wacko. We got it from a rescue. It got into a fight with the red over something and I tried to brake them up and it was still comming forward. Threw it across the yard came back knocked it up side the head with a shovel. He stumbled and went and laid down.

So I have the good and the bad.

Quick Reply: Pit Bull Lovers come on in... not just owners