houston police

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i will correct myself just for the record, the force that the cops used was not justified, but if this kid wasn't out committing 2nd degree felony's he wouldn't have put himself in that situation. At least the cops got him off the streets for his own good. Why should they prosecute these officers? they should get off with a slap on the wrists just like the criminals do......
Old 02-06-2011, 12:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Because potential permanent harm to your body is a bigger deal than a stolen material item. Actual physical damage to a human being > Material item, to sum it up. Now IMO that all depends on the item in question but by legal standards, that's basically how it is
Old 02-06-2011, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
First off, I am not your friend junior, people like you empower these thugs.. I bet you would let him and his friends rob you blind and gang rape your wife. For the record I never stated I felt the police were right, I simply don't feel sorry these thugs whatsoever. He made his choices and suffered the consequences and so did the cops. Theft and other crime are rampant here and the police for the most part are frustrated, way undermanned etc, but most do operate within the letter of the law. These officers let their emotions win out that day and they paid they price, all have been fired and are facing charges. Your buddy has been convicted and sentenced for the buglary as well. I am sure he will win his lawsuit against the city, which of course will appeal and drag the legal process out for years. He will be waiting a long time before he see's a dime, if ever...That sure sounds like a great get rich scheme...LOL
Damn talk about taking it to the heart. No one will break in my house or hurt my fam because they hear my AK warning every other week. To the ground so dont have a heart attack grandpa. I hate thief since they have stollen small property from outside my house. Meaningless but its still my property. Thief should get more serious sentences since most of them around Dallas just get probation in most cases. Enough of this internet hardcore **** back to out theme. Deep in the end you know, and so does everyone else, that he will get some money maybe not millions but he will get his money. Sad to see our tax money go to waist.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

It's not a good situation for anybody involved. Can't believe the cops were not smarter than this, regardless if you think it is ok or not(personally, I don't care eitherway and see both sides).

They just jepordized their careers, and their families future. I'd care more about the possible outcome and what impact that will have on my family, and less about stomping some dumb criminals head in the ground when he was not a threat.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Launching!

It's really just common sense....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XujaB...yer_detailpage

Last edited by kennyxg; 02-06-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow... LOL... it would appear, judging from this thread alone, that common sEnSe isnt so common these days.... Anyone ever seen "Idiocracy" by Mike Judge?
Old 02-06-2011, 03:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Nice repost from Jim, earlier in the thread. He already posted this video. Read the thread
Old 02-06-2011, 03:37 AM
Launching!

You obviously need to watch it over and over.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:55 AM
On The Tree

You obviously need to watch it over and over.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
whether u like it or not **** like this happens all the time, although sometimes there isn't video cameras.

did the kid deserve a beating? hell yes, he ran from the cops.

was the beating given because the kid was black or because he was a kid? HA! No.

Does the beating take away from the kids in guilt in commiting a crime and endangering other ppl and the police officers and breaking multiple laws? LMAO NO.

did the cops go overboard? **** yes.

are the cops loosing this battle? yes.

is this "poor black kid" going to get paid? yes.

does 1 or 2 or all the cops need to loose their job? no.

does at least one of the cops need to loose their job? yes.

is this being spun into a racial thing? HELL yes.

did channel 13 **** up n releasing the tape? yes.

should they be prosecuted? yes.

will all this stop deter other officers from doing the same? no.
Do you know the difference between loose and lose? no.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i will correct myself just for the record, the force that the cops used was not justified, but if this kid wasn't out committing 2nd degree felony's he wouldn't have put himself in that situation. At least the cops got him off the streets for his own good. Why should they prosecute these officers? they should get off with a slap on the wrists just like the criminals do......
Are you serious? Police are held to a higher standard than criminals. What the police did was excessive force and should go to jail.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did the thug attempt to steal something and run from the cops? Yes. Did the cops go a little over board? Yes. My opinion is right in the middle on this one.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

That punk just tripped over the police cruiser and fell into the others feet and hands.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Are you serious? Police are held to a higher standard than criminals. What the police did was excessive force and should go to jail.
Exactly. Everyone of those cops present should be kicked off the force, permanently, if not thrown in jail. Grown men stomping on the head of a 15 year old boy who has already surrendered and is lying on the ground is never justified simply because he committed a petty crime like theft.

Whether you think that boy did or didn't deserve that beat down is almost completely irrelevant at this point. It doesn't even matter. They don't train you to pass judgement on a suspect, much less to punish them by kicking them while they lay on the ground, and those officers knew that. Their fault lies in that they let their emotions take control, they lost their cool, and did what they knew they weren't supposed to do. That is conduct unbecoming of a Law Enforcement Officer, and if they had any honor or integrity, they would surrender their badges and plead guilty.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

nothing wrong with a knee to the back/neck while cuffing someone.its what we are taught in the academy.

this is bs and the state (tcloese) should be snatching badges.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KCS
Exactly. Everyone of those cops present should be kicked off the force, permanently, if not thrown in jail. Grown men stomping on the head of a 15 year old boy who has already surrendered and is lying on the ground is never justified simply because he committed a petty crime like theft.

Whether you think that boy did or didn't deserve that beat down is almost completely irrelevant at this point. It doesn't even matter. They don't train you to pass judgement on a suspect, much less to punish them by kicking them while they lay on the ground, and those officers knew that. Their fault lies in that they let their emotions take control, they lost their cool, and did what they knew they weren't supposed to do. That is conduct unbecoming of a Law Enforcement Officer, and if they had any honor or integrity, they would surrender their badges and plead guilty.
Stick to your comfy office job .You no not what you say for lack of life experience.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS

You dont understand, that is all some of theses **** bags understand is a beating, makes them thing again the next time. These guys put their life on the line for us, not for themselves, till YOU do it, you cannot really speak. At least that is how i feel. Like i said, i cannot say if the kid deserved it, he is just lucky there was a random *** camera that was there to see it. Otherwise, we would have never seen or heard of this ****.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:34 AM
TECH Resident

How many of you posting in here live in the Getto?Like Antoine and Desoto or Fifth Ward? That will bring you a new perspective of things like this but yes HPD over did it

I like Saudi Arabia and those places,they will just cut your hand off if you steal.

You will not steal again if you run out of hands....
Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fastburn
nothing wrong with a knee to the back/neck while cuffing someone.its what we are taught in the academy.

this is bs and the state (tcloese) should be snatching badges.
^^^^ BINGO!!!!
The criminal was on the ground with hands open and spread. THere was NO reason for the beating. This was Rodney King type shiat here guys! Yes the guy was a criminal, but NO did not deserve the beating of a red headed stepchild. Again, the Judge and Jury decide the punishment, not the LEOs. Also, if any looked at the photos of the LEOs involved, they ALL look as if they just got out of school. Young rookies with an itch for some action. Speeding tickets are not action, beating *** is action.
They all (criminal as well as cops) need to be put under the jail.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99bluehawk
Its because of people like you my friend that we have this cops beating a handcuffed person.
I usually never get into discussions like this on a web board. Or atleast try not to. But honestly thats the most retarded line i have EVER read. The kid stole someone HARD EARNED property. I hope every time some punk *** person tries to steal anything they need to get their *** beat. If it would have been my house, he wouldnt have made it out the yard. You can count on that