Texas Mile still open

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 04:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Mile still open

The last I heard on CF, is that there are still spots open for the May event. Can't believe it. Every event fills up quicker and quicker. But not this one. Looks like Mike and Co are getting there car ready, and waiting to here from the others.

I'm not thrilled about all the new rules, etc with regards to qualifying. Just wondering if any of you guys are going to fill the last spots. I'm not going to subject my car at 675-750rwhp to the event in the heat, unless I win the lotto and can upgrade my stock fuel system. Otherwise, if it were cooler, I'd be game. Too much heat for a 1 mile run with empty pockets at that heat.

Hope to see some ls1tech guys running.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 AM
11 Second Club

what new rules?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Domsz06
what new rules?
x2 ??? etc with regards to qualifying??
Old 04-26-2011, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Domsz06
what new rules?
Yes, the rules are different.

The Texas Mile has implemented a new, licensing program for our participants. Once you are registered for an event you will be sent a licensing form to fill out and return.

For your convenience here is the licensing information:

Competitor Licensing

The Texas Mile has implemented a competitor licensing program. Licenses and requirements are separate for automobiles and motorcycles. A license level in the motorcycle class doesn't apply to the car classes and vice versa.
The competitor will be issued a colored wrist band based on their license level. The competitor must notify the Race Director (Ryan Arnold) or Chief of Tech (Mike Patterson) when they wish to move up to the next license level. Failure to follow these polices can and will result in the competitor forfeiting all competition privileges for the event and possible future events. In the event that a competitor is found to be cheating by allowing another driver/rider to use their licensing band, they both will be permanently banned from all future Texas Mile events.
The Race Director decision is final in all matters pertaining to all event rules.

"Hard card" licenses will be issued to the Class A and Class AA license holders.
License color will be determined at the event.

CLASS C - (color TBD) The minimum qualification for a Class C license is a valid US, Canadian provincial, military or any other approved driver's license. All other licenses must be approved prior to the event. It is the competitor's responsibility to have their licenses approved. Class C license holders are limited to 165 mph.

CLASS B - (color TBD) The minimum qualification for a Class B license is a Class C license, plus sufficient acceptable prior experience or successful completion of one run with a trap speed greater than 140 mph but less than 165 mph. Class B license holders are limited to 190 mph.

CLASS A - (color TBD) The minimum qualification for a Class A license is a Class B license, plus sufficient acceptable prior experience or successful completion of one run with a trap speed greater than 180 mph but less than 200 mph.

Automobiles - An approved race license from the following sanctioning bodies: ETCA, SCTA, NHRA, IHRA, NASCAR, ARCA, SCCA, NASA, Grand Am, IMSA, or FIA will be accepted for a Class A license. Class A license holders are limited to 215 mph.

Motorcycles - An approved race license from the following sanctioning bodies: CMRA, ETCA, SCTA, NHRA, or IHRA, will be accepted for a Class A license. Class A license holders are limited to 215 mph.

CLASS AA - (color TBD) Highest level license. The competitor must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Race Director and/or the Chief of Tech that they are sufficiently qualified to run at the highest licensing level. Graduation to a Class AA license is not automatic and applicants must be individually approved by the Race Director and/or the Chief of Tech. Minimum qualifications are:

a Class A license;
considerable high speed driving experience or an approved race license from the following sanctioning bodies:
Automobiles - ETCA, SCTA, NHRA, IHRA, NASCAR, ARCA, SCCA, NASA, Grand Am, IMSA, or FIA

Motorcycles - CMRA, ETCA, SCTA, NHRA, or IHRA, and,

Two or more successful runs greater than 205 mph but less than 225 mph.

The Race Director has the final say whether a competitor does or doesn't qualify for a Class AA license. The Race Director has the final say in all licensing and cannot be protested to a higher level.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jessica Reyna
info@texasmile.net
281-303-1844
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Well that's dumb, while I sort of understand why they're doing it but you sign a waiver to begin with and its not an NHRA sanctioned track so its not like they have to worry about that. Seems like if you've got a fast car and its your first time there you're going to spend most of your time get your license instead of going fast.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Well that's dumb, while I sort of understand why they're doing it but you sign a waiver to begin with and its not an NHRA sanctioned track so its not like they have to worry about that. Seems like if you've got a fast car and its your first time there you're going to spend most of your time get your license instead of going fast.
AGREE^^^^^I was goin to take the TBSS but I am not gonna spend my time with Fing license!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM
9 Second Club

Any event that gets big is going to have these rules. Sucks but thats the way it goes. Its too freakin hot in May. While I might go to the event maybe on a sat I wont run anything due to weather conditions.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Word is you can hot lap and move up real quick on Friday, so you are ready for the weekend.

However, that is still subjecting your car to more abuse in that type of heat, rather than just making a few runs and being done. A fully built car should have no problem, but I'm not taking the risk since I don't have one.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while it might suck for some competitors. i think its a good idea for them to make some qualifications to meet. it will help keep some drivers, inexperianced with high speed, high horse power cars from hurting them selfs or others. granted anything can happen, but there have already been 2 major accidents at the past 2 mile events. hopefully the txmile staff can issue experianced and qualified drivers higher licences quicker. see yall in may
Old 04-26-2011, 10:56 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Word is you can hot lap and move up real quick on Friday, so you are ready for the weekend.

However, that is still subjecting your car to more abuse in that type of heat, rather than just making a few runs and being done. A fully built car should have no problem, but I'm not taking the risk since I don't have one.
Fully built cars blow up at the mile all the time. It is the most stressful event for a motor, period. Nothing is guaranteed at the mile.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I predict a cluster F at this even for the licensing since everyone will have to go through it. There have been two big wrecks but they didnt hurt the spectators, there is a big enough buffer between the track and the spectators for a reason. If youre running then its at your own risk, you get what you get. Just dont see the point in it, one run at a certain speed window isnt enough to teach you how to drive. If theyre going to even mess with the licensing they need to do it like the NHRA otherwise its a mute and useless, time-wasting point.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Fully built cars blow up at the mile all the time. It is the most stressful event for a motor, period. Nothing is guaranteed at the mile.
I know, I've been to almost everyone. However, they fair better than stock block cars with stock fuel systems.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:17 AM
9 Second Club

I think prior mile drivers should be already qualified for their correct license. Based off prior results.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

i can almost promise you that this even in may will be a cluster **** trying to impliment these.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

May event = come run your **** in the heat and blow it up
Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

It wont be too hot, just role up the windows and turn the AC on Tahts what I did LOL
Old 04-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Teching In

and leak water on the track haha
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by d98gt
and leak water on the track haha
Better than oil.