Suck it Kia haters. LOL..New SX

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackfly
Wild bill!. I like you but I hang my head and I am shameful of you.

China PWNS you!

Should have stayed with
Originally Posted by texas94z
Sure your Toyota and Kia are built in America, but where do the profits go??? The Korean and Japanese investors are thanking you for your wise, patriotic thinking.

NEWSFLASH, most of the parts on the "American car" are NOT made in America......

hell most of the damn "American cars" aren't even assembled in America

most of the "American" cars are made elsewhere to save on "American tax and American wages" and the majority of their parts are made elsewhere too

HOW PATRIOTIC IS THAT???

just because a company has a foreign name dont ASSUME that its any less American than the one with American names that leave for profits

as a matter of fact, i have more respect for companies like Honda, Toyota, Kia etc. etc. that choose to come over here, pay American taxes & American wages

i have less respect for American companies that choose to leave this country simply because of greed for not wanting to pay the higher taxes and wages here in the U.S.A.

being patriotic is all about being loyal......

and right now the "foreign companies" are more loyal to America than the greedy american companies that are too cheap to pay taxes here so they dont make all their cars and parts here BUT the same companies will take BILLIONS of our tax paying dollars to help them stay in business

how can you take OUR tax money when you leave the country to save on paying those taxes???

American companies for the most part are greedy, back stabbing, non-patriotic, leaches that suck the cash out of the average working family

they are NOT patriotic, they are for profit and if they have to outsource in order have a better quarterly earnings then they will not even think twice about it

Last edited by Ruthless Robbie; 05-07-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It kills me how many people get butt hurt cuz they didnt go american?.. Its his money. He did his research and he felt that the Kia was better for what "HIS WIFE" wanted and had more to offer than the other manufactures. Get over it!

Atleast Kia is making stylish cars nowadays, as the big 3 just keep making the same cars and slapping a shiny grill on the front..
Old 05-07-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
It kills me how many people get butt hurt cuz they didnt go american?.. Its his money. He did his research and he felt that the Kia was better for what "HIS WIFE" wanted and had more to offer than the other manufactures. Get over it!

Atleast Kia is making stylish cars nowadays, as the big 3 just keep making the same cars and slapping a shiny grill on the front..
you ready for tomorrow nights fight?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Kia and Hyundai both are well known for the fact that they design their cars to look identical to other brands. If you don't know that to be true then that iso just one more thing that you don't know about the product you are selling.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
but..both of my vehicles are made in the USA!
True but money goes to the japs.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texas94z
Sure your Toyota and Kia are built in America, but where do the profits go??? The Korean and Japanese investors are thanking you for your wise, patriotic thinking.
Reinvested back into the company and pay shareholders, like any other major corporation.

I know Toyota employs well over 100,000 Americans. Don't know KIA figures, has to be thousands. Get a fkn clue.

Wildbill,

I have no idea why you'd want to put yourself through all this bullshit with this thread. Must have been bored? Its a nice, new ride. Enjoy it, don't let dipshits w/o a clue get you down.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
NEWSFLASH, most of the parts on the "American car" are NOT made in America......

hell most of the damn "American cars" aren't even assembled in America

most of the "American" cars are made elsewhere to save on "American tax and American wages" and the majority of their parts are made elsewhere too

HOW PATRIOTIC IS THAT???

just because a company has a foreign name dont ASSUME that its any less American than the one with American names that leave for profits

as a matter of fact, i have more respect for companies like Honda, Toyota, Kia etc. etc. that choose to come over here, pay American taxes & American wages

i have less respect for American companies that choose to leave this country simply because of greed for not wanting to pay the higher taxes and wages here in the U.S.A.

being patriotic is all about being loyal......

and right now the "foreign companies" are more loyal to America than the greedy american companies that are too cheap to pay taxes here so they dont make all their cars and parts here BUT the same companies will take BILLIONS of our tax paying dollars to help them stay in business

how can you take OUR tax money when you leave the country to save on paying those taxes???

American companies for the most part are greedy, back stabbing, non-patriotic, leaches that suck the cash out of the average working family

they are NOT patriotic, they are for profit and if they have to outsource in order have a better quarterly earnings then they will not even think twice about it

Beautifly put
Old 05-07-2011, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Reinvested back into the company and pay shareholders, like any other major corporation.

I know Toyota employs well over 100,000 Americans. Don't know KIA figures, has to be thousands. Get a fkn clue.

Wildbill,

I have no idea why you'd want to put yourself through all this bullshit with this thread. Must have been bored? Its a nice, new ride. Enjoy it, don't let dipshits w/o a clue get you down.
LOL, Ive been on this board for ALONG time now and I love getting a rise out of everyone. Ive also owned cars they love on here.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HTX
Kia and Hyundai both are well known for the fact that they design their cars to look identical to other brands. If you don't know that to be true then that iso just one more thing that you don't know about the product you are selling.
If that were the case then why does the sorento look like no other suv on the market?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
I've been buying GM vehicles for 30+ years and always had good service from them. My wife wanted a Nissan minivan because of the features it had, and it's the biggest POS I have ever owned. I will NEVER buy that Jap crap ever again!
And Ive owned GM vehicles that were complete garbage. Whats your point?
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

**** that its nice !
Old 05-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

hahahhaa nice title, no shame bro, good looking car
Old 05-07-2011, 08:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

It is a cute SUV, probably perfect for the wife. Kia is getting better, but I'm not sure I'd pay $30K for that SUV since it will be worth half of that in 2-3 years. If you are going to buy Korean, Hyundai does a better job and their quality is actually on par with Honda/Toyota now.

As for your own vehicle shopping though, this scorecard gets you a fat F for Fail, since you started out with a Viper, downgraded to a GXP, and then ended up with a Kia. LOLOLOL!

Viper: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...ion-viper.html
GXP: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...eally-run.html

Maybe next time start shopping Ferrari first.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It is a cute SUV, probably perfect for the wife. Kia is getting better, but I'm not sure I'd pay $30K for that SUV since it will be worth half of that in 2-3 years. If you are going to buy Korean, Hyundai does a better job and their quality is actually on par with Honda/Toyota now.

As for your own vehicle shopping though, this scorecard gets you a fat F for Fail, since you started out with a Viper, downgraded to a GXP, and then ended up with a Kia. LOLOLOL!

Hyundai owns Kia... like Chevrolet to Pontiac, same damn car(s)
Old 05-07-2011, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Tony, That was before the wife talked me into letting her have a new car first. I will have a ctsv next. And also, we looked at the Hyundia Sante Fe also. Its a 4 year old body style that doesnt even offer a 3rd row. The paint isnt as nice and the dash isnt nearly as new looking as the Sorento. Go sit in a Kia sx and tell me the quality isnt as good as Honda or Toyota. Shoot, it makes my Tundra inside seem crappy.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

My point is Jap cars are poorly made and overpriced for what you get. Our Nissan minivan needed a new motor after 60K miles. It had regular synthetic oil changes and was never driven hard or used for towing. Plus it has body rattles that can't be fixed due to poor construction and welds. Not only that, I would rather support an American car company than a foreign car company. If you had bad GM cars why are you considering a CTS-V?
Old 05-07-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
My point is Jap cars are poorly made and overpriced for what you get. Our Nissan minivan needed a new motor after 60K miles. It had regular synthetic oil changes and was never driven hard or used for towing. Plus it has body rattles that can't be fixed due to poor construction and welds. Not only that, I would rather support an American car company than a foreign car company. If you had bad GM cars why are you considering a CTS-V?
Gm is so perfect.

For vehicle buyers today, the importance of quality cannot be understated—especially when spending upwards of $30,000, on average, for a new vehicle. In fact, the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Vehicle Dependability StudySM (VDS) reveals that reliability/durability is the single-most-important factor when buyers are considering a new vehicle, even more so than fuel economy, interior comfort, or exterior styling. Fortunately for consumers, automakers continue to make steady gains in long-term vehicle quality across the board.

However, even with these improvements, significant differences still exist when comparing the quality of domestically produced cars and trucks to that of vehicles manufactured in Asia and Europe. According to the 2011 Vehicle Dependability Study—which details the problems reported by owners of three-year-old (2008 model year) cars and light trucks during the preceding 12 months—vehicles produced by Asian manufacturers experienced fewer problems—141 problems per 100 (PP100)—than those produced by European (159 PP100) or domestic (162 PP100) automakers. (A lower PP100 score reflects higher quality.)

"Reliability/durability is the single-most-important factor when buyers are considering a new vehicle."
Even though, according to consumers, Asian manufacturers achieve higher levels of long-term vehicle quality than do their counterparts in Europe and North America, further analysis reveals that significant differences in the levels of long-term vehicle quality exist depending on where a vehicle was built.

For example, vehicles built by Asian manufacturers in Asia achieve a score of 133 PP100, whereas those built in North America achieve a score of 146 PP100—a difference of 13 PP100. Likewise, vehicles built by European manufacturers in Europe come in at 156 PP100, whereas vehicles built by those same automakers in North America have 170 PP100—an even bigger difference of 14 PP100. This suggests that manufacturers have some work to do when it comes to making sure that quality standards are fully understood and adhered to by their overseas workforce—so that consumers on both sides of the ocean benefit from the same levels of quality. In addition, the dependability of domestically produced cars has improved at nearly twice the rate—19% over three years—as that of imported cars (10% over the same period). Conversely, the quality of imported trucks (up 12% over the last three years) has improved more than twice as fast as that of domestically produced trucks (up only 5%). Also, imported crossover utility vehicles (CUVs) hold a 7-percentage point advantage in vehicle dependability over domestically produced CUVs (16% vs. 9%, respectively)

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/article...udy%20Results/

Last edited by 5w20; 05-07-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:29 AM
9 Second Club

^
I actually read the EXACT opposite thing in another article just a few days ago. It said that domestic automakers had the lowest PP100 rating (highest quality). Something seems fishy here...
Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slash8915
^
I actually read the EXACT opposite thing in another article just a few days ago. It said that domestic automakers had the lowest PP100 rating (highest quality). Something seems fishy here...
find it; yes it would
Old 05-07-2011, 11:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by VinR1
Hyundai owns Kia... like Chevrolet to Pontiac, same damn car(s)
You are right. And Corvettes are the same quality level as Cobalts too!

Quick Reply: Suck it Kia haters. LOL..New SX