prayers for my younger brother please **Post #109: Pics of his Car**

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats awsome man. Im glad to hear he is making good progress!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, I hope he gets better buddy, Prayers go out to Him and his family.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome Cole! I haven't seen a lot of updates lately so I wasn't sure were he was at in recovery! Man, Frank would flip if I bought him a car! Lol

By the the way let's plan on taking him to C&C in September if you think he will be up for it! I'm sure we could get everyone together as celibration for his recovery... Txt me if your down and we'll go over the details bro!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Awesome Cole! I haven't seen a lot of updates lately so I wasn't sure were he was at in recovery! Man, Frank would flip if I bought him a car! Lol

By the the way let's plan on taking him to C&C in September if you think he will be up for it! I'm sure we could get everyone together as celibration for his recovery... Txt me if your down and we'll go over the details bro!
Will do bro...i sure he will say yes. he love cars almost as much as I do.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Been a while, so big update...

My brother was discahrged from Baylor Rehad on August 15th. So he is home now, 3 months and 1 day after the Paramedics and Dotors said he wouldnt make it to the afternoon. He has been walking around with out any help since the beginning of August. And has been cleared by all his doctors to start returning to most normal activities. He is learning to run again and do everything by himself. He is all there mentally, but physically (the fine motor skills like picking up change and putting in a piggy bank, or things like that) will still talk some time to return fully. But all the Doctors are really optimistic that he will rbe close to his old self. The only things he can't do right now is drive a car, lift heavy objects, and be left alone for extended periods of time (more then 30 minutes).

He is currently attending an Outpatiet rehab at Harris Southwest in Ft Worth for the next couple months.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

That is great news! Sounds like he is ahead of the curve and making great progress.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Great to hear! Thanks for keeping us posted..yall are still in my prayers
Old 08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
Been a while, so big update...

My brother was discahrged from Baylor Rehad on August 15th. So he is home now, 3 months and 1 day after the Paramedics and Dotors said he wouldnt make it to the afternoon. He has been walking around with out any help since the beginning of August. And has been cleared by all his doctors to start returning to most normal activities. He is learning to run again and do everything by himself. He is all there mentally, but physically (the fine motor skills like picking up change and putting in a piggy bank, or things like that) will still talk some time to return fully. But all the Doctors are really optimistic that he will rbe close to his old self. The only things he can't do right now is drive a car, lift heavy objects, and be left alone for extended periods of time (more then 30 minutes).

He is currently attending an Outpatiet rehab at Harris Southwest in Ft Worth for the next couple months.
******* good news!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

4 Months to the Day after the Car Accident, FWPD has released his car and close the investigation for the wreck. Here are the 3 pictures I got from my bother of his old car...

This is a sobering reminder to how close he came to dying...It's safe to stay, because of this that my driving style has changed quite a bit.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

WOW! After seeing that, he IS lucky to be alive!

Glad to hear he has done so well with his recovery. He's gotta be a strong SOB.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome recovery. I hope and pray he continues to improve.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Damn that was one bad crash! Glad to hear he's doing better!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Good to know he is doing better.

Looks like my first car....

Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

glad to hear more good news! God Bless!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:55 AM
11 Second Club

Glad to hear he has beaten the odds. God was on his side that day
Old 03-07-2012, 05:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Decided to come in here and give an update...and more than likely the last one.

Since the last one, he did an outpatient rehab at Harris Methodist in Fort Worth called BITS. He did that until Mid February IIRC, and is as far as any rehab will take him. Everything else is just little things that will take time to come back. The only things that are "wrong" now is his speech is different and he has to do thing a little slower then he could before. He basically is "operating" at about 80-90% of the speed that he could do the same thing before the accident.

He did get to meet the Paramedics that responded to his crash that night. And they gave VERY insight full details onto how the accident more than like took place. The car was in the ditch next to I35W Southbound, and my brother managed to crawl out of the car to the shoulder. They don't know how he managed to move to where he did with the injuries he had, but he did. They said had he not done that, by where the car was sitting; no one would have seen the car until morning. This means he would have died in the car from blood loss.

He should be cleared to start driving again sometime in April. He is going to take some driving classes and do a driving test with a Trooper. Basically, just to make sure he is really ok to be out on the road with everybody, which I have no doubt he will do great at.

My brother has started working again, for about the last 2 to 3 weeks. If anyone wants to say hi to him and have some good food, he works at Zoe's Kitchen on University in Fort Worth. I believe he normally works the lunch hours, 11-3.

1601 South University Drive
Fort Worth TX. 76107

I want to extend a big thank you to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and well wishes from myself and my family. My brother truly defied all the odds, and has shown the power of prayer and how great the doctors, nurses, and paramedics truly are in this country.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am glad to read this good news. Here's to his continued recovery.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Awesome news man! Everytime I see this thread I remember to be thankful for loved ones in my life.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Incredible story!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Quick
Incredible story!
^^This

I'm glad your brother is on his way to 100%, about a year before your brothers accident, my younger brother was also involved in a pretty bad accident in his WS6, hit the wall, air bags, shattered windshield, etc. car was trashed and somehow, he walked out of it. Not exactly the kind of phone call you like to get at 2:15am on a Friday morning but it is what it is. Prayers are with your and your family.