government contractor jobs??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default government contractor jobs??

I have been out of the military for some time. Well since 08AUG08. i have applied at several contractor jobs.... black water, triple canopy, kbr, ect.....
so does anyone know somebody looking for Infantry? possibly PSD... i was a E-5 when I got out. have a few schools under my belt but nothing crazy. I have no problem deploying back over seas. In fact as soon as we got back in '06 i tried to go back 3 months after being home. but they said some bs about stabilization yada yada.

So if someone can pass along the good word to myself and maybe a boss of theirs Thatd be great.

i'd rather go over as a civilian the having to join back up again (which im in the process of doing now)
Old 05-15-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

i just left contracting with Triple canopy. Im now currently working for a company doing Anti piracy over in the coast of africa, and the gulf of aden. shoot me a PM i know ALOT of contracting companies.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

Also, for those with a military background such as myself, google secure aspect group and check out the job classified section for WPPS jobs. There are hundreds for PSD etc. I already have a fully paid account id be willing to let my brother in arms use to view full job postings
Old 05-16-2011, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are all of the jobs overseas?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WILDMN
Are all of the jobs overseas?
not all but 95% are. the overseas ones are the ones that pay phenominal. my current job is antipiracy/anti terrorism out in the east coast of africa, and gulf of aden and some other areas i cannot disclose. 30 on and 30 off. ill ask when the next hiring is on my next mission.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nick.celis
not all but 95% are. the overseas ones are the ones that pay phenominal. my current job is antipiracy/anti terrorism out in the east coast of africa, and gulf of aden and some other areas i cannot disclose. 30 on and 30 off. ill ask when the next hiring is on my next mission.
My friend did that but he said his company was BS. They didn't have some weapons permits and they were stuck fighting pirates that had full auto AKs and RPGs with their bolt action 5 round mag winchester. Try hitting a pirate at 500 yds with both boats bobbing up and down.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Are any of these available to those with no Military background?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shutdown Theory
My friend did that but he said his company was BS. They didn't have some weapons permits and they were stuck fighting pirates that had full auto AKs and RPGs with their bolt action 5 round mag winchester. Try hitting a pirate at 500 yds with both boats bobbing up and down.

hahaha, well i assure you, i am fully loaded with my M-4 and sidearm. The ROE's are strict, i can coincide on that, but as far as weapons, i have mine.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by QuickSilver
Are any of these available to those with no Military background?
Yes. Any prior law enforcement can get on WPPS missions. Now with the maritime anti piracy, you have to be prior special forces, swat/law enforcement, or military(5+ years) THeres hundreds of contracting jobs that arent combat related though. Theres business, construction,etc etc the list goes on and on.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

If it helps try Border Patrol, Right now there is our S.O.G. teams that are looking for applicants. I am not sure if they are hiring at the time but come October start of fiscal year they will be accepting applications.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by javier1551
If it helps try Border Patrol, Right now there is our S.O.G. teams that are looking for applicants. I am not sure if they are hiring at the time but come October start of fiscal year they will be accepting applications.
Most of the border patrol teams require you to speak spanish just fyi. I also contract for black water which is a great company but due to family I will be moving to a job with the va in okc soon. For those wanting in with black water just keep trying and be sure you have the skills they require.