Thursday Night GTG Mckinney **NEW Location**

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OVRBRD
No ****, I'm glad I didn't let him drag my doors off!
I'm curious about the "built for a 250 shot" comment. How much is the TA spraying? If spray I have nothing for a sprayed stroker. I'm motor only.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Yes. Blown sorry *** mod motor vs a light bad *** stroker gto. If u domt win by 6 cars u should take up basket weaving.
The motor isn't the reason those cars aren't fast They are a lot stronger than a factory LS motor
Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowredz
The motor isn't the reason those cars aren't fast They are a lot stronger than a factory LS motor
I'm a sbf man Josh... When Ford went to mod motors they lost my interest. I even tried to like my 04 Cobra but I never liked the sound or performance... I will always hate Ford for being lame and trying to re-invent the wheel. Ill probably never own another new Ford for performance.

So I'm always gonna hate on em. And for the record, my lil sbf will hold over 2500 hp and not break (engine builder says he never broke one in pro 5.0 runnin 6s over 200). What's a built dohc good for on average?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 6.0monsta
I only ET so well because of the stall. It killed some of my trap speed. I've found the tighter stalls are better for roll racing.

I've only been in the 1.3s a couple times. I usually pull low 1.4s. Unless we went to the track it wouldn't matter from a 40 roll. 30 cubes? What do you have a 397?

With 1.3 60s on motor and 3870lbs, I'm gonna say its a 4k + stalled auto

Agree. That's not a low stall lol. 3870 sounds really heavy for a TA. The GTOs are 3760ish curb weight.

Either way I think he's being modest. 500+ from an auto less than 400ci doesn't sound mild.
Its a heavy pig like i said and it could make more with better heads and intake.

No ****, I'm glad I didn't let him drag my doors off!

Same thing we said earlier... Well I trapped 124 last time at the track, forgot to mention it wasn't my stroker motor... Lmfao. If he hadn't lied he woulda gotten to race Vic! Vic didn't want to waste his time when he figures he's got someone covered by almost 10 mph.. But he likes close races!
I didn't lie to Vic. Told him what I put on motor, told him what I put on nitrous and **** size(no bottle that night), told him what i 60'd, what I trapped, my mph, stall speed, basically full build. he made it out to me that I would have him beat which I was shocked thinking he would pull me top end.

I'm curious about the "built for a 250 shot" comment. How much is the TA spraying? If spray I have nothing for a sprayed stroker. I'm motor only.
No spray currently. Everything is actually for sale, possibly. I have only had a 175 on it. And I said I would be game for a motor only with knowing that you would put a couple on me.

Last edited by Mo_Pwr; 09-21-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

I'm a sbf man Josh... When Ford went to mod motors they lost my interest. I even tried to like my 04 Cobra but I never liked the sound or performance... I will always hate Ford for being lame and trying to re-invent the wheel. Ill probably never own another new Ford for performance.

So I'm always gonna hate on em. And for the record, my lil sbf will hold over 2500 hp and not break (engine builder says he never broke one in pro 5.0 runnin 6s over 200). What's a built dohc good for on average?
They have been 6's and 200 also.....with factory blocks. For a max effort racecar I would go big CI Windsor or LSX motor also, but the 03-04 Cobra and Shelby 5.4's are great for your everyday street car. The heads flow the same stock as most of the entry sbf heads. Don't even need aftermarket cams. They do suck to work on though if needed. I like LS motors best personally, but they all can be made as fast as you want to go
Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mo_Pwr

Its a heavy pig like i said and it could make more with better heads and intake.

I didn't lie to Vic. Told him what I put on motor, told him what I put on nitrous and **** size(no bottle that night), told him what i 60'd, what I trapped, my mph, stall speed, basically full build. he made it out to me that I would have him beat which I was shocked thinking he would pull me top end.

No spray currently. Everything is actually for sale, possibly. I have only had a 175 on it. And I said I would be game for a motor only with knowing that you would put a couple on me.
Would be a fun run. I love running motor to motor. Most guys have some form of power adder these days if not two. I had nitrous at one point but I pulled it off and sold it after a few months. My motor is built for a 300 shot. What made you want to sell yours?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Would be a fun run. I love running motor to motor. Most guys have some form of power adder these days if not two. I had nitrous at one point but I pulled it off and sold it after a few months. My motor is built for a 300 shot. What made you want to sell yours?
I really want to get into a turbo car. Bottles get incredibly expensive and a 10lb bottle would only give me a couple runs so I needed a bigger bottle. Than the price of C16 for my stand alone. Just adds up, could easily almost be into a turbo set up after everything.

Last edited by Mo_Pwr; 09-21-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mo_Pwr
I really want to get into a turbo car. Bottles get incredibly expenses and 10lb bottle would only give me a couple runs so I needed a bigger bottle. Than the price of C16 for my stand alone. Just adds up, could easily almost be into a turbo set up after everything.
That's why I'm not a fan of nitrous. People think it's cheap and it is for a basic kit. But it quickly ramps up as times goes on. I like to set the car up how it is all the time and leave it.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowredz
They have been 6's and 200 also.....with factory blocks. For a max effort racecar I would go big CI Windsor or LSX motor also, but the 03-04 Cobra and Shelby 5.4's are great for your everyday street car. The heads flow the same stock as most of the entry sbf heads. Don't even need aftermarket cams. They do suck to work on though if needed. I like LS motors best personally, but they all can be made as fast as you want to go
Oh I know they go fast, but how long they last was my real question. I'm lazy and don't like rebuildin ****... Just want a combo that runs well and doesn't break. Mod motor wasn't the way I wanted to get it done. My last setup lasted 7 yrs with near 20k hard miles(only left house to race) over 700rw and I hardly did **** to it besides change the oil. I just don't have the same confidence in modular Fords OR LS motors for that matter.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Oh I know they go fast, but how long they last was my real question. I'm lazy and don't like rebuildin ****... Just want a combo that runs well and doesn't break. Mod motor wasn't the way I wanted to get it done. My last setup lasted 7 yrs with near 20k hard miles(only left house to race) over 700rw and I hardly did **** to it besides change the oil. I just don't have the same confidence in modular Fords OR LS motors for that matter.
LMAO! Strokd was broken almost all of that time too. Just because it ran and won some races doesn't mean it was a solid combo. It was down on cylinders for the longest time, spitting, sputtering like an old farm truck. The only reason that car ran that long is because it sat in storage most of the time not because you were out driving it. Had you been out driving beating on it every weekend it would have broke WAY before that.

So your whole mod motor vs pushrod motor arguement is horseshit Matt. You're just turning into a grumpy old man stuck in his ways finally like the rest of us. Hahaha.

The fact is, anytime you modify a motor from factory and beat the hell out of it, it will break and require extra maintence. In time, your LSx motors in your Vettes, will break too.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Kimura
LMAO! Strokd was broken almost all of that time too. Just because it ran and won some races doesn't mean it was a solid combo. It was down on cylinders for the longest time, spitting, sputtering like an old farm truck. The only reason that car ran that long is because it sat in storage most of the time not because you were out driving it. Had you been out driving beating on it every weekend it would have broke WAY before that.

So your whole mod motor vs pushrod motor arguement is horseshit Matt. You're just turning into a grumpy old man stuck in his ways finally like the rest of us. Hahaha.

The fact is, anytime you modify a motor from factory and beat the hell out of it, it will break and require extra maintence. In time, your LSx motors in your Vettes, will break too.
Oh no he didn't!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Good try Steve... Yes the motor was hurt, but did it run? Yep. Did it run pretty damn good broken? Yep. Would a mod motor or LS blowup with the abuse I gave that poor lil 408? U bet ur fucken *** it would have. Truth is after owning that motor and it NOT blowing up is what made me really love Windsors. Had it broken often (not started) I'd prob be jaded about sbfs too and have a Supra or somethin!
you of all my friends besides andrew know how much i dispise working on cars... I just wanna go fast like Ricky Bobby. **** the mechanic thing.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

you ever plan on getting the 86 back on the road?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Good try Steve... Yes the motor was hurt, but did it run? Yep. Did it run pretty damn good broken? Yep. Would a mod motor or LS blowup with the abuse I gave that poor lil 408? U bet ur fucken *** it would have. Truth is after owning that motor and it NOT blowing up is what made me really love Windsors. Had it broken often (not started) I'd prob be jaded about sbfs too and have a Supra or somethin!
you of all my friends besides andrew know how much i dispise working on cars... I just wanna go fast like Ricky Bobby. **** the mechanic thing.
LOL, I get that bro. I'm just saying your arguement is a little biased because of your hatred for mod motors. I'm sure once I get this car sold and buy my Vette, I will jump on the mod motor hater bandwagon too.lol.

But I'm not delusional to think the LSx motor is so much superior that it's not prone to breaking or having it's own faults. lol
Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

LOL, I get that bro. I'm just saying your arguement is a little biased because of your hatred for mod motors. I'm sure once I get this car sold and buy my Vette, I will jump on the mod motor hater bandwagon too.lol.

But I'm not delusional to think the LSx motor is so much superior that it's not prone to breaking or having it's own faults. lol
vettes are slow...

just get a supra and be done with it.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by White_lightning
vettes are slow...

just get a supra and be done with it.
I'm ok with a slow Vette. Might even find a car with a warranty still and leave it stock to become the cliche old man with a Vette thing. lol
Old 09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

I'm ok with a slow Vette. Might even find a car with a warranty still and leave it stock to become the cliche old man with a Vette thing. lol
Exactly. Every swinging dick at every stop light has a vette. Get something original.

If I had the cash I'd build a kit car. Or a GTR maybe.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Teching In

I think my point was missed. I know ls motors break. Hell I hurt one with less than 400 rw trying to dyno it! I was saying I prefer windsors to mod motors... That was my original arguement. Me liking my ls cars more than mod motors is just bonus although irelevant in the original discussion.

And yes, when you get ur vette ull be throwing rocks at mod motors too..
Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Exactly. Every swinging dick at every stop light has a vette. Get something original.

If I had the cash I'd build a kit car. Or a GTR maybe.
I don't care about being original or making a personal statement of individuality with a car. I just want a nice, fun car to drive that is a upgrade from the numerous Mustangs I've had over the years. I have ZERO interest in building a big street monster to compete with against all you guys. I have WAY too much goin in life to bring an expensive pain in the *** car into my life. This hobby is suppose to be a fun break, not an added stress. lol
Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

And yes, when you get ur vette ull be throwing rocks at mod motors too..
Hard to hit what you can't catch

Quick Reply: Thursday Night GTG Mckinney **NEW Location**