Sonova...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sonova...

Earlier this afternoon I was bringing the trash bin in from the curb and noticed there was a rock behind my passenger front tire.
Figured some kids were playing games with me.

About an hour ago I was getting ready to leave to go run some errands, open my door and notice my sunglasses in the backseat foot well. Pick them up, and notice trash EVERYWHERE.
Look up to see stereo headunit ripped out, center console open, glove box open, and broken pieces of plastic/trash everywhere.

Go to passenger side to see my lock had been picked, it was all dinged/scratched up, and the fiberglass surrounding it was cracked to hell.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mother of god.... Kill em all
Old 06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So what's story with rock behind the tire??

Sucks about the break in..
Old 06-14-2011, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Bastards!!! I hate that feeling of seeing your car violated, I have had 3 cars broken into in the past and now my baby stays in the garage. Sorry it happen to you.

-Buddy-
Old 06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
So what's story with rock behind the tire??
Not sure? Maybe they were afraid it was going to roll away while they were 'working'? My driveway is an incline. When I moved the rock this morning, I thought some idiot put it there, thinking I wouldn't see it, and when I tried to reverse, I'd be stuck. Kids games I thought.

Evidently, not so simple.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Officer just came out and dusted for prints. So many smudges/partial prints. Not useful. A good one of like 3 fingers closing the door from the glass (doubt it's me, I never use the glass... but it IS the passenger side...).
He was going to leave with that, until I pointed out what looked to be a really defined thumb print above the door handle. He was going to say it was a smudge until I used my hand to cast a shadow and opened my fingers to allow some distorted light through. Really became visible. He was like "Wow. Good eye. I'm going to recommend you. haha"
So here's hoping it's not actually my thumb.

Apparently the D.A. really hates finger prints being used in cases. Very hard to prove those prints belong to the person who was in the car this morning. Makes sense, but it's a start. Also, chances are REALLY high that the prints wont match anyone on file. Chances are even higher the prints wind up being mine. haha. As the officer put it, I'm "suspect #1."
Old 06-15-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

did your alarm go off? when my window got smashed the alarm sent em running
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Dont feel bad, they did the same thing to my ex gf's ws6 a few years back. Only trouble then was the door was unlocked before they "picked" it. :\
Old 06-15-2011, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

It's been a few years now but I was working on the Z late one night and forgot to lock it, well when I came home from work the next day I noticed the driver's door wasn't shut all the way. Instantly got pissed thinking my wife or kids had been playing around inside the car, after asking them I checked things out and noticed the glove box had been trashed as well as center console. I never kept anything of value in either. They left my $300 helmet and stole my race jacket really out of the whole deal only thing that pissed me off is that my best timeslip was still in the pocket of the jacket
Old 06-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Some one broke my window while I was at work a few years ago and the ******** didn't even take anything. Was out on delivery when my manager radioed in that my window got smashed, and then to top it off, it started raining while i was driving home. Hope you get the dbag OP.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I assume my alarm went off. I'm not sure how they could've gotten in without it going off. But this happened in the driveway of my parent's house, there's really no chance I, or any one in my family, or the dogs that bark at EVERYTHING, would've slept through it.
Pics of damage are here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...e-keyhole.html

Apparently it's a common way of breaking into GM vehicles? Punching a hole under the lock? Still don't know how that wouldn't set the alarm off.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks dude.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:01 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Not that i am immune to this type of ****, but i love my neighborhood, **** like that is so rare, i have never heard of anything like it in the 3+ years i have been here.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

My neighborhood (parents house) used to be alright. Usually just old people, retirees, and every now and then military family staying temporarily for a couple of years.

Then alot of the old people started disappearing, and were replaced with thugs, ganstas, and idiots.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

same thing happened to mine... i am getting it fixed finally. problem is that when they fix it they have to sand part of the door along with some of the rear panel so the paint will blend.

I had nothing in the car but a 20 in the ash tray and they didn't even find that.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Damn man. I'm sorry to hear about this bro. After hearing about all these break ins/fbodys getting stolen. I make sure I park my car in the garage everynight man. Is there room in your garage?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Same here, t/a's in the garage too.. I mean who wants to steal a nissan xterra with all factory equipment and no tinted windows?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Damn man. I'm sorry to hear about this bro. After hearing about all these break ins/fbodys getting stolen. I make sure I park my car in the garage everynight man. Is there room in your garage?
Unfortunately there's no room.
Car is getting fixed. Dropped it off at Kelly Collision down the street from me this morning.
$600+ in repairs.
I gotta pay the $500 deductible. Bah! Almost not worth it. But door and quarter panel are getting fresh paint, and I'm getting a free rental out of it for a week.

Get this, body shop said they need to replace the "Firebird" door lettering, because it's attached with double-sided tape. If they remove it, it ruins it. "We can put new tape, but it'll look tacky. Better to just replace."

I lol'd, but insisted that if they do replace it, I want the one they remove.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldn't have claimed something so minor under insurance. I work at a dealership and could have gotten that repaired for you for cheap.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got a call this afternoon from the shop. Car's done.
Just waiting on locksmith or whatever to come out and code the new key cylinder to my key.
He also said the "Firebird" door lettering is on a 6-week back order.
He asked if I wanted to wait or just reuse the old lettering. I told him to use goo-gone or equivalent to remove the old adhesive, clean it up really well, and re-adhere it with double sided body tape.
Also the radio bezel is out of production, so he's going to have to search to find one used. I told him to get me a check for whatever it's worth, and I'll find one. He says it's like a $20 part. Funny, there's one for sale in classifieds for $30. Bah!
He's going to hold the car till Monday, and then I can get it.
I'm kinda excited, but also disappointed that I have to give up the rental. REALLY digging this semi-auto tap shifting. haha.

Quick Reply: Sonova...