Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

give up

03-04 cobra > 98-02 fboat

stock or lightly modded (bolt on)
Old 07-04-2011, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
X2...We all know what cars we are comparing, this isn't a pissing match of what car is faster, and then someone trumps it with another and oh well what about this car, or this car. I'm going to compare a gt vs. Dick Harrell camaro...f body vs. cobra R...c6 vs. shelby gt500 super snake king of the road...zr1 vs. gt

WS6(98-02 F body) or 03 Cobra(03-04 Terminator)
Remember now, I am talking about the engines. So it shouldn't matter what they are in since we are not discussing anything else. Like I said before, when I said that they are faster that was meant to be sort of a joke because it is off topic.

And to the OP, I hope you got what you were wanting before these guys decided they wanted to start an argument over my post.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Teching In

he already said he went with an 03 cobra so the thread title was irrelavent at this point
Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T-Top
Remember now, I am talking about the engines. So it shouldn't matter what they are in since we are not discussing anything else. Like I said before, when I said that they are faster that was meant to be sort of a joke because it is off topic.

And to the OP, I hope you got what you were wanting before these guys decided they wanted to start an argument over my post.
Yes but you said ls motors are better than mod motors...they'll all one or the other, made by either Ford or GM...just saying
Old 07-04-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Cobra hands down! My 03 was a beast on the stock blower with upper and lower pullies and full bolt ons! Made 480rwhp and 486 torque. Takes a lot more money and time to get that power out of a WS6. Not to mention the block comes capable of handling up to 1000rwhp out of the crate.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Yes but you said ls motors are better than mod motors...they'll all one or the other, made by either Ford or GM...just saying
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure what you are saying... Can you clarify?
Old 07-05-2011, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T-Top
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure what you are saying... Can you clarify?
All the cars I listed either had mod motors or ls motors...you stated the f body was better due to the motor being better than the cobra...each car I listed had one or the other

I also made those references to the cars because when we were comparing the f body to the cobra you added in a vette, implying it was better, well you can always throw a better car in the mix...that's all I was trying to state

Maybe I didn't make it very understandable...some things sound better in my mind than on a forum
Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

All the cars I listed either had mod motors or ls motors...you stated the f body was better due to the motor being better than the cobra...each car I listed had one or the other

I also made those references to the cars because when we were comparing the f body to the cobra you added in a vette, implying it was better, well you can always throw a better car in the mix...that's all I was trying to state

Maybe I didn't make it very understandable...some things sound better in my mind than on a forum
Ohhhh.. I gotcha. Yea the whole cobra/vette/fbody/GT thing came from when i said "E- They are faster" I think. Lol, people flipped out about that a little. Surprisingly. All of the things I don't like have been about mod motors though, not car specific.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Don't have time to read the whole thread, but also to take into consideration is price. Cobra depending on mileage/condition will be almost 5-8 grand higher than a fbody.IMHO cobras are over priced.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SuperSam
Don't have time to read the whole thread, but also to take into consideration is price. Cobra depending on mileage/condition will be almost 5-8 grand higher than a fbody.IMHO cobras are over priced.
True. And I might've thought that until I drove one!

While it's still an aging modular 4.6, it's the fact that it's a solid, built, better modular 4.6 with that nice little blower on it right from the start that makes it worth the extra cost. For a non car-guy type like me, having that setup done right from the factory is a serious consideration. I'd rather spend that money up front than try to add it all that afterward and trust that it gets done right. Of course, I know for some folks the work is half the fun, but I'm not one of those folks...

Quick Reply: ws6 or 03 cobra???