houston body shop, do not use!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:45 PM
WARNING: BAD TRADER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default houston body shop, do not use!!!

i recently wrecked my camaro and took my car to a body shop in houston for them to redo the body and paint. when i got there i noticed it was all custom cars with custom paint jobs so i felt like my car would be in good hands. they were refered to me by a friend. they got the estimate from the insurance company and took a while to do the work but i was confident they would do a good job. when i finally got the car back i looked at it from a distance and it looked pretty good. i walked up close and looked at the work on the front end they had done and there didnt appear to even be a clear coat on it! the whole car was a metallic navy blue and the front of the car wasnt metallic or shinny at all! i was pretty upset. then i walked around the car and noticed the front end wasnt flush with the door so it looked pretty crappy. they reinstalled my halo lights and all the rubber was coming out of the body and was done crappy also. i had gotten dropped off at the car shop and had to go back to work (in austin) and no other ride. the guy that worked on my car wasnt there. so i was forced to take the car so that i could make it back to work. after talking to him on the phone he seemed conserned but kept saying that he thought it looked good. i've asked about 10-15 people and they have all said that it looks like crap. he said he would come to austin pick up my car and take it to houston and fix it. well days go by and he still hadnt picked it up and then after i talked to him again he said i had to take it down there. needless to say i'm getting pretty fed up with this shop. today less than two weeks after picking up the car i noticed spider veins in the hood of my car that they supposedly painted and repaired. i am fed up with this shop and the work that they did/didnt do....i just thought i would vent my frustrations and let everyone know not to goto chaotic customs, it is a shop that is located outside of houston in tomball. they do the worst work i've ever seen on a car.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

What's the name of this shop?
Old 02-29-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, I am needing some paint work and dont want to go there.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:56 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by XtinctHawk02
What's the name of this shop?
I think he said it was "chaotic customs".

99zr28- I would contact the BBB and report them, and maybe try your insurance company. Good luck to you and thanks for telling us about them.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't even see that---Thanx.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:46 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sorry to here this happened to you if you are every in Houston and need a good shop just call Lane's Hi-tech (713)944-6893 talk with Tim he is the man when is comes to making your car look like it has never been touched! Sorry about your car. Do what Crager said and report them these thing such as the BBB only work if you report them ETC...
Old 03-01-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats how it is at most custom body shops. Unless you are dropping a huge amount of money on a crazy custom paint job, they dont do you right. Ive heard of several people having trouble with local "Custom" body shops. I would take it to a dealer where you can get a warranty on it, there is a good body shop on I45 just south of the woodlands area.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:22 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most dealerships have nothing to do with the body shops. The dealer just gets a persentage of income for the use of name ETC... And any good Collision repair shop that does insurance work will warranty there work I know Lane's does and always has even when they used to do a bunch of custom work they did. If it is an insurance claim check with the insurance co they have a list of referal shops that do good work also double check with the BBB for added insurance Lane's is a member of the BBB and a referal shop also so it can work for you or against you if you do bad work.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Damn that sucks to hear. They did the work on my friend's sport-trac. It looks good (its been in about 7 magazines), but its a custom deal and i'm sure he dumped a buttload of money on it.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Default get a clue

First off, this car is a piece of **** ! This guy had a NOS kit that looked like it was installed by a 2 year old with wood screws. Switches and buttons weren't even mounted. They were just sticking through a hole in the console with electrical tape. Also, this guy installed his own halos before his wreck and didn't even have them hooked up right. So they NEVER worked. The ones WE installed after wreck WORKED. And as far as the hood spidering, it's because they could not pay their deductible so we had to repair the hood to compensate for their insufficient funds. By the way, the hood that HE installed before the wreck had TWO bolts in it, THATS IT! The hood shocks were'nt even mounted to hood side. I have a copy of the estimate where his OWN insurance company said the car was in POOR CONDITION. His insurance company would not put GM parts on the car cause it was such a piece of junk. They would only pay for after- market Japanese parts. And we all know how they fit. Chaotic Customs never knew he had a problem because he HID behind his GIRLFRIEND and let her do all the talking and handle HIS business. He also hides behind computers. We had to replace one tire on the car (Left front) but we did not know which brand to buy because he had four different brands of tires , which were all worn and looked like they were bought used. And by the way, like we said, CHECKERS WENT OUT IN THE EIGHTIES. Any of us guys in the shop would be glad to talk to you face to face about this. (don't send your girlfriend) This guy wouldn't even come to the PHONE when we called. The owner and the painter picked the car up from Brenham and were disgusted by how nasty the interior was. It was a very hot day but we drove with the windows down because of the stench. The painter even bought an air freshener to put in the car on the way back. We laughed about that for miles on the way back with our heads hanging out the wndow (to get fresh air). I'm just curious how many times you've had something featured in Magazines, and how many trophies and plaques you have....cause I 'm sure you're not getting any with that piece of ****. If any body is curious about the work we do go to texasshowdown.com search for red convertible camaro that's never taken anything but BEST OF SHOW or 1st place.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kind of believe the Chaotic guy more. I remember when they used to have their shop right in the middle of town and they put out some awesome looking cars. I haven't been by the shop on the outside yet, but I am sure they are still doing some pretty sick stuff.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

well if your talkin bout the red convertible...then ill say this...nice work...im just not diggin the "2 Gay 2 Curious" styles.....looks like something from need for speed underground....lol.....
Old 11-17-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djfuzzy
I kind of believe the Chaotic guy more. I remember when they used to have their shop right in the middle of town and they put out some awesome looking cars. I haven't been by the shop on the outside yet, but I am sure they are still doing some pretty sick stuff.
same here!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: houston body shop, do not use!!!