Screw discount tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Screw discount tire

ok so I had to get 2 new rims cause mine were jacked no issue there, I get up there kid takes the front one off and I ask him how it looks he says its fine and should be since only has 6k miles on it still no issues. Well lil kid takes it off the rim and comes over and tells me he cant put it on the new rim cause it looks like I rode on it flat at some time and hes not allowed to reinstall it cause its against company policy and they dont have any tires in my size. I ask to talk to the manager cause im sorry after 6k miles and knowing I dont drive on a flat tire I get a lil irritated. Manager just looks at me like im a friggin idiot and walks off and now they cant give me my car back unless I either buy a smaller tire for that one side or buy 2 smaller ones so they match, so I end up getting 2 new smaller tires for the front just so they will give me my damn car back.

god I hate retarded ppl
Old 07-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Launching!

I would've installed the donut & gone to a different shop.

It almost sounds like they were trying to screw you over
& make you buy a new set of tires.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Yeah, **** that. He should not have taken the tire off the rim if he felt he couldent install it on the new one. I would have done what OSU said and slapped the donut on and burnt off.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Bullshit. They have a waiver you can sign saying that you know about the issue. I had a similar issue with a wheel not wanting to go on right because of the hub and the hole in the wheel where the hub goes into a little.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

kinda pissed at discount too. had to have a wheel lock zipped off. took an hour and a half to get the car in the bay, took 30 seconds to get the lock off, and cost me 10 bucks per lock. i paid 10 bucks just for that one because i really needed it off. for the others, ive got a set of irwin bolt grippers i'd like to try out.

while i was sitting there, another guy with a trans am showed up. they were trying to sell him some donked out 18'' wheels and shitty tires. felt kinda bad for him lol
Old 07-21-2011, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

i didnt have my spare or i would have
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Teching In

My Discount Tire Story:

Had them instal 4 new Michelin tires on my Civic. Noticed when I get home they scratched a wheel.

I give them a call. They ask me to bring it up there. Three wheels are perfect one is scratched. They say our fault, we will fix it. They gave me a different full size wheel in the mean time, and I was on my way.

At this point I am impressed and satisfied with how they handle the situation.

Time goes by and the wheel comes in. I go up there two days later. They cant find it. WTF??? Turns out someone scratched it again. They sent it back off. I am like what the hell, but they are fixing it so whatever.

Wheel comes back in the second time. I head up there. I tell them I have a leaking tire on another wheel and I need to get my wheel instaled. So 2.5 hours later they come get me and say its ready to go. I walk out side and there ******* wheel is still on my car but in a different spot. I am ******* furious at this point. I ask where is my wheel...CLUELESS.

They grab the manager. Oh ****...sorry sir...we fucked up...we will fix it...sorry...sorry...sorry. They then grab my wheel put the my tire on my wheel. "Sir where are the lug nuts" I have no clue yall kept them. Apparenty Honda Wheels require a special nut. They end up buying new lugs from a part store. And I am on my way.

At this point I am pissed at Discount Tire. But I decide the next day to call them and give them a chance to make it right. I call the manager I had been working with, he agrees it was a bad deal.

He gives me half off my next set of tires...I bought new tires for my truck and saved over $600. I am very happy with Discount Tire. They have kept my business.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DarknessHunter
i didnt have my spare or i would have
In that case I would have just left the car in that bay to tie up their space, and called someone to run you over a spare, or to pick you and the tire up to go get it fixed somewhere else. Then come back and put the rim/tire on and leave. ****'em
Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

id have done that but it was 545 and they close at 6
im calling the regional office tomorrow since they were closed by the time i called today
Old 07-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DarknessHunter
id have done that but it was 545 and they close at 6
im calling the regional office tomorrow since they were closed by the time i called today
Yeah seeing as how it just happend see if they can work something out for you. Ive known a person or two that got tires put on drove away, and came back because they realized their size selection was rediculous or it was just a noisy/lousy tire and they swapped 'em without any re-stocking fee or whatnot. I hope the best for you man. Having lame sized tires on something sucks, you wish everyday it was different and find ways to wear 'em out for an excuse to get different ones. Keep on them and hopefully things shape up.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

got a new set of shocks out of em when they put my 20"s on my truck and forgot to take the clips off the rear drums and front hubs....**** would shake like a **** under braking.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

thats gay,but i would have loaned you a whole set of wheels just you didnt have to deal with that ****.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

thanks john i know you would have but yeah im gonna call tomorrow cause usually they are pretty good to me but the new manager looks like hes from jersey shores so I bet he dosnt like muscle car guy he was giving me dirty looks from the minute I walked in and even bigger ***** after i informed him where reverse was and that the clutch was touchy and she had a lil bit of get up and go so he could let the kid pulling in know
Old 07-21-2011, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

and to make things worse i backed into the mustang parked right behind my driveway when i was leaving to get rims. good news is cant tell the bird touched it but mustang has a scrape from my bumper
Old 07-22-2011, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I stopped using them for many reasons.

If you ever do have to buy a tire from them, check out discounttiredirect and make them match their online price. I've also found that their tire prices vary by zip code so it pays to take the time to check.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

The Discount Tire in Cypress is nice and helpful, but they can't balance a 20" rim to save their life. Also found it a little irritating that they don't stock the Ford TPMS bands, and you have to wait an additional day if your vehicle needs them.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

well what do you expect its a ford
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I swear I've heard the exact same story from every Discount Tire salesperson ...which is why I refuse to go there anymore

"I'm sorry, the brand of tire you need is currently not in stock but I can have one here in a few weeks. In the meantime, I just happen to have the most expensive brand known to man sitting right here... "
Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

yeah it was we dont have kuhmo exsta asxs in your size but we do have contenitals for 179 when the kuhmos were only 139
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, just putting in my two cents here. I used to work for DTC for 4 1/2 years. My older brother still works there and has been for 5 years. I have heard horror stories about other stores from customers coming into my store. What you have to think about is that every store is different. The store that I used to work at in Pearland (between home depot and walmart) they take care of everything like champs. This is mainly due to the professionalism that my manager intilled in all of his coworkers. We've worked on 3-5k deals and we have had plenty of basketball, football players, and some rappers come in with their vehicles and all of them were satisfied. I would highly recomend going to this store or to the one on 59 and buffalo speedway. My former manager got transfered to the buffalo speedway location and I know he'll take care of everything. The Pearland store isn't bad either but I don't know the new manager.