good call

Originally Posted by HTX
I call a win but 17-13. Low scoring
better call...
Old 12-04-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
you guys think that was a legit fumble call? the ball was going forward.

then there were people on both sides of the ball which walked on the field in the middle of the confusion.... so that call was appropriate.

Texans won a hard fought game and got some growth and in typical fashion lost some players.
No, not a legit fumble call. Thats why I said it was a horrible call on the refs part. It should have been an incomplete pass.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You're so ignorant its not even funny. Both games went down to the wire and the cowboys were on a 4 game winning streak so please enlighten me as to how we are playing bad. Our coach pulled a kubiak and lost the game for us.
Watch out. He'll make **** up about what you say in a thread.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
No, not a legit fumble call. Thats why I said it was a horrible call on the refs part. It should have been an incomplete pass.

agreed
Old 12-04-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Watch out. He'll make **** up about what you say in a thread.

love you dallas fanboys camping in a texan thread...
Old 12-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

what was your actual job description? interesting you talk you do something important when you're not even an actual engineer.

yes, you're a t-shirt fan, no better than the wetbacks that go out and buy a longhorn shirt from a dollar store.
I was the 3rd party inspector for UT on all structural aspects of the north end zone expansion. I was the one that checked up on everything that Hensel Phelps did, I was the construction inspector not a knuckle dragger

My name is on every pier, concrete, rebar and waterproofing inspection report from the foundation to the raker beams the precast for the actual seats sit on before I had to leave to start a 31 story high rise.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

love you dallas fanboys camping in a texan thread...
I'm a Texans fan brah and the Cowboys can go eat a dic. I simply asked why you made up what people were saying in a thread. Can you not answer my question that I asked you earlier that you're dodging?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

i'm not dodging anything? i thought the two calls people were bitching about was the called back fumble recovery due to the players on the field and the yate interception that was called back due to the defensive holding

i didn't make up anything else... i don't even know what you're talking about.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Apparently the one you weren't. Did you miss the pick 6 that was called back because of holding or the multiple other little penalties here and there. Even without those if the pick 6 would've counted yall would've lost. So yes if it weren't for a few lucky penalties the rookie would've lost the game.

At the end of the day the W is all that matters, TJ just had a little help getting it.

in response to this...

they weren't ghost calls, both were appropriate calls...

and the fumble should have NOT been a fumble
Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 PM

in response to this...

they weren't ghost calls, both were appropriate calls...

and the fumble should have NOT been a fumble
Reading comprehension again, I never said they werent founded, just said they were lucky for TJ. Had there not been that holding call he wouldve have a lost for his first NFL start thats all. Everyone else seemed to get my point except you. Imagine that
Old 12-04-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Apparently the one you weren't. Did you miss the pick 6 that was called back because of holding or the multiple other little penalties here and there. Even without those if the pick 6 would've counted yall would've lost. So yes if it weren't for a few lucky penalties the rookie would've lost the game.

At the end of the day the W is all that matters, TJ just had a little help getting it.
******* please. All Dunte had left to do was dry hump Dressen off the line. And it happened before Tj could even start his checkdown. He possibly had a man open and the opportunity wouldn't have ever rose for an interception. I saw the Falcons get away with a false start and holding the whole game. Penalties helped out and hurt both sides.

Why are you in every Texans thread, always talking ****?

Originally Posted by imlooking

2) i will admit that Andre Johnson is no longer a top 5 WR in the NFL. with his body breaking down and dropped passes, he's been on the downside since last year. only real top tier skill he has is explosiveness off the line, separation and stregnth. he really can't plant and cut like he used to - he can't lead the lead in YAC anymore and he'll be lucky to play 7 or 8 games each year for the next 2 years. it's time to start looking for his replacement.
Punch yourself in the mouth for this load of bullshit.

glad the Texans aren't playing like the cowgirls.

And AJ will be alright, I don't think he ever fully recovered. At this point he needs to concentrate on getting better for next year. Again just ask our receiving core to step it up and go for the win like we have done the past 6 weeks.
Exactly. He did what Foster did, come back too early.

Fkn great game. I think I stood for most of it. Julio Jones is the 12th man...lol

Side note...cool to see Kolb get the win. A passive victory for us coogs.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Punch yourself in the mouth for this load of bullshit.
i know it's hard to understand, but look at the numbers, look at his body decompsing in front of yor eyes and look at what made Andre Johnson special to begin with - his YARDS AFTER CATCH !!!!

in a full WR only draft, he'd probably be the 8th or 9th pick - IF HEALTHY.

and he's not getting better - hell, he might not even play the rest of the season and then come out next year and play only 5 games.

he's been in the league for a while now - he ain't the Andre Johnson from 2005-2008.........
Old 12-04-2011, 07:58 PM

My first post wasnt a bad one I didnt think, it was a realistic post. Hell even most of the initial Texans fans had the same reaction. It got crappy when satan as usual cant comprehend what hes reading then resorted to attacking me and his fellow Texans fans along with calling me a tshirt Texas fan even though he has no idea who I am or what Ive done. All these football threads exist for my entertainment, its rather boring in here unless football or a texas mile event is going on
Old 12-04-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

i misread one comment, post according to my initial assessment and yet some how "as usual" i'm not comprehending.

you're a douche, and yes i called you a t-shirt Texas fan, but that is already known in other threads. i find it funny the people that never graduate or attend the school use the logo as an avatar.

Alas, that is not what this thread is about so we can save that for another rainy day.

Great win for Yates, shame about additional injuries. We have promise, unlike our northern brethren.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Banned

i know it's hard to understand, but look at the numbers, look at his body decompsing in front of yor eyes and look at what made Andre Johnson special to begin with - his YARDS AFTER CATCH !!!!

in a full WR only draft, he'd probably be the 8th or 9th pick - IF HEALTHY.

and he's not getting better - hell, he might not even play the rest of the season and then come out next year and play only 5 games.

he's been in the league for a while now - he ain't the Andre Johnson from 2005-2008.........
Assuming he's healthy please list the other 7 or 8 receivers who would be taken before him? His YAC is not the only thing that has made him special, his speed, his explosiveness, strong hands, his jumping ability, I could go on and on. It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about, just talk about the cowgirls from now on.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Deerhunter-Z28
Assuming he's healthy please list the other 7 or 8 receivers who would be taken before him? His YAC is not the only thing that has made him special, his speed, his explosiveness, strong hands, his jumping ability, I could go on and on. It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about, just talk about the cowgirls from now on.
if you go back and read all of the "Texans Related" threads, i was THE BIGGEST AJ supporter - not so much anymore because of his age and his lack of production.

all the things you listed is EXACTLY what made him special - those qualities are not as good anymore.

with the exception of explsiveness, but this year you got to see what "explosiveness" will do to someone that is aging. his body can't handle it anymore........

here, i'll give you 7 WR's that any NFL Owner would take right now before Andre Johnson

1) Larry Fitzgerald
2) Calvin Johnson
3) Dez Bryant (even though he's a thug POS)
4) Brandon Marshall
5) Mike Wallace
6) Miles Austin
7) Steve Smith (Panthers)

*Darkhorses*
Rodi White
Santonio Holmes
Mike Williams (Bucs rookie)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:32 PM

i misread one comment, post according to my initial assessment and yet some how "as usual" i'm not comprehending.

you're a douche, and yes i called you a t-shirt Texas fan, but that is already known in other threads. i find it funny the people that never graduate or attend the school use the logo as an avatar.

Alas, that is not what this thread is about so we can save that for another rainy day.

Great win for Yates, shame about additional injuries. We have promise, unlike our northern brethren.
Your thought process and superiority complex is so laughable its hilarious. Universities are only allowed to have fans that are alumni, whats next? You have to have been on an NFL payroll to be a fan?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Banned

if you go back and read all of the "Texans Related" threads, i was THE BIGGEST AJ supporter - not so much anymore because of his age and his lack of production.

all the things you listed is EXACTLY what made him special - those qualities are not as good anymore.

with the exception of explsiveness, but this year you got to see what "explosiveness" will do to someone that is aging. his body can't handle it anymore........

here, i'll give you 7 WR's that any NFL Owner would take right now before Andre Johnson

1) Larry Fitzgerald
2) Calvin Johnson
3) Dez Bryant (even though he's a thug POS)
4) Brandon Marshall
5) Mike Wallace
6) Miles Austin
7) Steve Smith (Panthers)

*Darkhorses*
Rodi White
Santonio Holmes
Mike Williams (Bucs rookie)
Seriously c'mon man, calvin johnson is the only guy on there that would clearly be taken ahead of AJ. Fitzgerald and AJ is 50/50. Bryant might get a couple nods. All the other guys you listed would not be picked above AJ, you're a moron if you think they would. This is assuming he's healthy of course. Still an 80% AJ is better than 90% of the receivers in the league.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your thought process and superiority complex is so laughable its hilarious. Universities are only allowed to have fans that are alumni, whats next? You have to have been on an NFL payroll to be a fan?

no, pro teams generically have a city or regional fan base. you hail austin, which makes it funny and an easy choice as to why you are a cowboy fan.

and yes if i could, it would be an alumni deal, but that is not how businesses make money.

they love people like you
Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 PM

no, pro teams generically have a city or regional fan base. you hail austin, which makes it funny and an easy choice as to why you are a cowboy fan.

and yes if i could, it would be an alumni deal, but that is not how businesses make money.

they love people like you
Wrong again, when are you going to stop making assumptions? I'm from Houston, been in Austin for 6 years. Grew up a cowboys, oiler and a UT fan because my grandpa graduated with a chemical engineering degree from there. So again, your over-inflated sense of self-worth strikes again.

Quick Reply: Houston Texans Discussion Thread