Pontiac Southern Nationals 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pontiac Southern Nationals 2012

Pontiac Southern Nationals
June 9 & 10, 2012
The Pontiac Southern Nationals has been an all Pontiac 2 day event, with a car show on Saturday and a race day at the drag strip on Sunday, for many years. This year it will change.
Beginning in 2012, we will have an All Pontiac car show on Saturday, as usual for the PSN. However, on Sunday the race day event at the Texas Motorplex will be open to all makes of American cars. Introducing the American Southern Nationals. The racers in our group wanted to beat up on some cars other than Pontiacs.

You can get more information and register at http://dapa.org
Old 05-30-2012, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn!! Out off all the day this could be on.. It’s on the day I've already got plans.

Ennis is going to be competing against Dallas raceway that week .. “Texas vs. The World”

Well maybe next year for me on this one..
Old 05-30-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

probably.........not, since my car is still in the shop and I won't have everything done now by then. I have yet to even make it to one single show this year maybe this is lucky for the others attending though
Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
probably.........not, since my car is still in the shop and I won't have everything done now by then. I have yet to even make it to one single show this year maybe this is lucky for the others attending though
What the hell is taking them so long??

Sounds like they have taken longer then I did on mine .... I took month in a half just sanding my car down right..
Old 05-30-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well Sean, they ran into some trouble where that idiot f'ed it up before by using rattle can paint, when they were sanding it would just ball up on the left rear quarter panel, and also on the front clip. He also does a lot of ins. claim work, and when that comes in he has to put mine on the back burner because they only allow x-amt. of days for rental cars and such. I'm going to go check it out today, I ordered some blank C6 Z06 center caps, and want to make sure it will match my rims so I can order the other 3 and get rid of the vette logo, since it's not a vette. Also, like you did yours, he's taking the panels off the car so it gets done correctly and in all areas evenly. Last time I went by, he had everything pretty much prepped, except for the molding of the front clip to the front bumper, so we shall see how the progress is coming.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Pontiac Southern Nationals.....I'm confused,why name it after a car division no longer on this earth?

What's next the Plymouth Grand Nationals?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowTA1
Well Sean, they ran into some trouble where that idiot f'ed it up before by using rattle can paint, when they were sanding it would just ball up on the left rear quarter panel, and also on the front clip. He also does a lot of ins. claim work, and when that comes in he has to put mine on the back burner because they only allow x-amt. of days for rental cars and such. I'm going to go check it out today, I ordered some blank C6 Z06 center caps, and want to make sure it will match my rims so I can order the other 3 and get rid of the vette logo, since it's not a vette. Also, like you did yours, he's taking the panels off the car so it gets done correctly and in all areas evenly. Last time I went by, he had everything pretty much prepped, except for the molding of the front clip to the front bumper, so we shall see how the progress is coming.
Yes I know all about ******* spray paint and how bad it ***** up on you when sanding.. grrrr

Well thats good your doing it right ... I might have to come by and check it out after its done.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kciaccio
Pontiac Southern Nationals.....I'm confused,why name it after a car division no longer on this earth?

uuuggghhh, there are still a lot off Pontiacs out there. Just b/c the gov put them under, doesnt' mean that all Pontiacs go to the bone yard.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Would like to go- are the sat and sun locations close? Previously they had the show on the north side and race on south side.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Because the show has been around since the 90's... I have been attending them since 97, since my dad is an old dapa member and usually works the event.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If I am in town I plan to head for atleast a day
Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Launching!

I remember going to the first one- I think it was '94?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:02 AM
9 Second Club

Some of us from Houston and Dallas will be out racing on Friday at the Motorplex, at the HOT ROD POWER TOUR final day on Saturday (Grand Prairie), and at the event on Sunday at the Motorplex. Probably my GTO on Friday, Firebird on Sunday. See you there.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

I plan to be there.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

would the same go for the F-Body Gathering they have every year in GA, since they don't make F-Body's anymore either, or the big Pontiac Nationals they have each year in Ohio? does this mean we should rename the events to "no longer on this earth" nationals?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 AM

The reason we have the Pontiac Southern Nationals is because we are an all Pontiac car club and there are still a ton of Pontiac's and Pontiac lovers and collectors out there. I am a member of DAPA which stands for Dallas Area Pontiac Association. The biggest dilemma that we have now days with Pontiac gone is lack of Pontiac dealerships as sponsors for our events. Fortunately over the years we have built some solid foundations with some previous Pontiac dealerships like Sewell. That is a big reason why we have diversified a bit and now have the Pontiac Southern National car show on Saturday for all Pontiac and we have the American Southern Nationals on Sunday for all American muscle car car show and Drag races at Ennis. We also are supported by High Performance Pontiac Magazine. I hope this answers your question and we hope to see you out there. The car show will be benefiting the American Cancer Society!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

i went to the car show two years ago, and it was beyond badass. the race day was a good event too... most of those classics are garage queens, so it was a treat to actually see some go down the track.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will be there with the Hawk...
Old 06-01-2012, 12:18 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Sounds very tempting, alot of driving from New Orleans to Houston to Dallas.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 1965GP
Would like to go- are the sat and sun locations close? Previously they had the show on the north side and race on south side.
The Saturday show is in Richardson Texas and the Sunday event will be in Ennis. See http://www.dapa.org for more info.

Quick Reply: Pontiac Southern Nationals 2012