Ls1Tech long timers where are you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Been around since 02,
Idk that i agree with many posts about the quality of posts.
Sure there are some bs threads, and some can easily be answered by search.
But this is a great site overall.
I dont see what demographic or ls car availabilty has with lowering of the quality of the site. Who cares, who can get these cars now at what prices.
the vette sites are worse in quality/tech and bs threads/posts.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I no longer own an F-Body but may pick one up again next year.

This site was probably passed it's heyday before I got here, though I have noticed a decline over the passed couple of years.

EDIT from future me: Almost made it to the next year before buying another one. Purchased 12/29.

EDIT from FUTURE future me: Kept it for a whole 3 months, good job. Nothing against the car, just bad life management skills.

Last edited by Morbid; 03-14-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold the vette 3 years ago, but plan on another project in the future, so I just watch the carnage here and try to keep up on the latest technology.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sold the TA a long time ago just got a vette so i am back. I am catching up on a lot of stuff i am missed. If people would search instead of posting a question 80% of all questions would be answered. I just wish I still lived in TX and not up in Ohio i have only seen 2 LS1's in my area.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:28 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

I still check the site almost daily. 9+ years. I still own a bunch of F-bodies and modify/repair/race them all the time. While I can definitely afford to move up the food chain to Corvettes or other "look at my wallet" cars, so far I'm sticking with the best bang for the buck deal of all time: the 4th gen F-body. I bought my '94 Z28 in 1995 And I still have three LS1 Camaros that I bought in 2003, plus a couple newer arrivals.

I agree overall quality on here has gone down. I seldom post asking for any help or advice anymore, because even though I word my requests carefully and accurately, I'm bound to get several stupid replies or some *** who thinks I'm a newb and ignores my actual question and tries to make it look like I asked a dumb question.

Just one example. A few months ago I posted stating my car lost 3 psi of boost when I swapped from mid length to long tube headers and a better/bigger Y pipe. To make sure there was nothing going on with my blower, I asked if the community thought this boost loss was normal or excessive. (abbreviated, my actual post was much more detailed. You have to describe the situation well to get good input) I get the Mr. know it all jumping in there and saying something like "if you improve the exhaust, the boost will drop dummy". I'm like thanks *******, I knew that. I actually dropped a pulley size in anticipation of this, and still lost 3 psi. I was just asking who has done a similar mod to a blown LS1 car and what boost loss did they see?
[As it turned out, the blower did have a problem and went back to Procharger for a rebuild].

Anyway, short story long this is what seems to happen when you try to ask (even carefully) any type of tech question these days. Ten stupid replies and maybe one or two useful ones.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

Lurk mostly, too many idiots these days.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Still here, dont post much. Look around for deals in the classifieds mainly.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Lurked for years before I signed up. To me this site has been a huge factor in keeping and maintaining my T/A. I still get a lot compliments on the car even though its not in perfect condition. As far as demographic changing in the last 10 years on the Fbody, Can someone elaborate for me? I think the Fbody is a small piece of what tech is a about...
Old 09-16-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Time moves on that is it for me. Ten years ago I was 16 had all the time in the world, fast forward ten years later and time isn't as easy to come by. Still have LS1 powered vehicles but no longer race or roll around like I use to.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I'm here a lot still, but like most said a lot of ppl who don't know **** and act like they do lol! Typical newby etc... And a lot of locals to the Houston area know that this site is watched a lot by law enforcement to try and track meets and other car related activities. So I still hand out information occationally if I have time as I am still working on too many car to be an effective person on any forum at this tmie. But I do occationally watch a thread or two that friends are involved in etc... Like everyone else been here a year or two before I joined and I can't even remember when that was lol!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Almost 5 yr member mostly just lurk no longer own an f body bought a c6 but still miss my t/a from time to time.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Wow, No 4th gen for you? Never thought I'd see that. Haven't seen you on the boards in a while.

Once the z06 is sold I'll probably turn into a lurker like some of the others .
The last race car sold a few weeks ago. A guy came from Colorado and going to race it in the Rocky Mountain region.

Originally Posted by White_lightning
What are you rolling now Old man?

i think im member 236 on here ..been here longer than i would like to admit but mostly lurk...
F250 on weather days .... CTS-V on nice days.

Good to meet up with some old-schoolers ...
Old 09-16-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Still here! dont post that much, much less drive my car that much...Still only have 40k miles on my 02....Lost interest until a month or so ago and now finally fixing everything and getting retuned!
Old 09-16-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just so you know Inspector I've drooled over your cars in your sig for as long as I can remember. TWS didn't you have about 4 or 5 Camaros in your sig a few years ago?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lurking, I enjoy my Tacoma now for the past 4 years. No plans anytime soon for another LSX vehicle.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:24 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bamalt1
TWS didn't you have about 4 or 5 Camaros in your sig a few years ago?
I got rid of that picture, but I currently have six 4th gen Camaros. Yes, it's the source of much ribbing around the local scene. 3 are blown, 1 is H/C turbo 400 conversion etc. , one is NA stroker motor - but will have spray again, and one is just max bolt-ons. I also have a Silverado VHO for a parts runner and tow vehicle.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
I've only been here since 08, had an account before this one, had maybe 3 posts? Thought the name was retarded so I changed it. Now, 3 years later, I realize this one is still stupid too but I cbf to make another one.

I've known about LS1Tech since '04 though

You can tell the quality has gone down just by googling things and seeing old threads on here compared to newer ones. More quantity, less quality, but everyone sees different threads every day so opinions can vary.
And you thought your current one was better?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I check LS1tech a couple times a day.

The site has changed a lot.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Captain Double Post

Even from a few years ago imo the site has really dropped off,i miss learning from the wise lsx people,now if i need to find some info its at least a hour of searching trying to find solid info ,there is so much bs on this site im surprised it hasnt crashed,then somewhere along the lines i managed to **** off one of the mods, dont ask me what i did because i think i conduct my self very well on tech,which is easier said than done these days
Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Captain Double Post

Inspector12, you had some killer rides by the way,really everyone in this thread should be proud, i know it has motivated me on my ss, not done yet but seeing pics of all your rides have really helped, especially jerimiahs white ss, thanks guys

Quick Reply: Ls1Tech long timers where are you?