Going to Atlantis-Bahamas in August, which travel website do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going to Atlantis-Bahamas in August, which travel website do you recommend?

I've never used any of the travel websites. Does anyone on here have any recommendations on who to use based off first hand experiences?

Any help is appreciated.

Patrick
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Teching In

man lucky you bro have fun!!!! And i think my wife use expida?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go with a travel agent. We messed around with the websites for a month before we went to one and she got us the best deal
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would stay at resort- went downtown last summer when we were on Disney cruise and it was gross. Scared someone was going to grab my kids the entire time.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Take plenty of $$$,the guy who owns Atlantis owns most of the Island. He has a monopoly on what he can charge for food and drink. Bottled water is $10,this is just an example. My rooms were comped because of my gambling,but it was still pricey. Don't get me wrong,the place is absolutely beautiful and fun and relaxing. Just giving you a little heads up, have fun and enjoy yourself. L8R DFLASH
Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Amy at threewishestravel.com
Tell her Wes Brown sent you. She is owner/operator a deals a lot with Sandels resorts which are all inclusive. She can also customize a trip for the type of stuff you are looking to do.
http://threewishestravel.com/ she also has facebook that may have more recent posting.
You want be disappointed. Travel agents can get you special deals that the resorts won't tell you about.
Let me know if can help you via pm if you talk with or even work something out with her. And no I am not getting anything for referal lol. GL with travels!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965GP
I would stay at resort- went downtown last summer when we were on Disney cruise and it was gross. Scared someone was going to grab my kids the entire time.
This. The straw market was neat, you can find cool souveniers and your gf will like it. It was dirty though and seemed like it could be easy to have someone pick your pocket so pay attention. Otherwise, stay in the resort area, its nicer.

My wife and I used whatever websites and compare them a bit. It helps to know what you want, timing etc. Then, if you come across a deal that fits, you can jump on it.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I've never used any of the travel websites. Does anyone on here have any recommendations on who to use based off first hand experiences?

Any help is appreciated.

Patrick
Originally Posted by DFLASH
Take plenty of $$$,the guy who owns Atlantis owns most of the Island. He has a monopoly on what he can charge for food and drink. Bottled water is $10,this is just an example. My rooms were comped because of my gambling,but it was still pricey. Don't get me wrong,the place is absolutely beautiful and fun and relaxing. Just giving you a little heads up, have fun and enjoy yourself. L8R DFLASH
We go every year. Just got back Wednesday after being there a week. Book thru their website. It's not the cheapest place to stay or the most expensive but I can tell you if you have kids it's the best place to go in the Caribbean. Food is expensive and just about everything else. You are on vacation so don't worry about it.

We do this day trip every year, it's great.

powerboatadventures.com

Atlantis was sold by the owner to a investment firm so "the guy" doesn't own it anymore.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the advice guys! I will book something tomorrow, haven't had time this week. We don't have kids and were looking at Sandals as well, but it doesn't seem like a better experience.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the advice guys! I will book something tomorrow, haven't had time this week. We don't have kids and were looking at Sandals as well, but it doesn't seem like a better experience.
Also if you don't care about technically staying at the Atlantis you can stay across the street at Comfort Suites and still have be able to use the same facilities such as the private beach, pools, and all the water park rides. We actually never stayed there but did go on a cruise and spent the day there. It is pretty nice and lot to do. I do remember the guy who rents jet skies on the beach tried to sell me some green. lol
Old 06-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Teching In

a couple years ago a buddy of mine booked a trip to the Bahamas for the day we were leaving for our already booked trip. I paid for him to stay at Atlantis for 3-4 days so we could all hang out together. When we left he went to his other hotel, checked in and 5 minutes later walked out and went back to Atlantis.

You will not find a better facility in Nassau/Caribbean (until the Bahamar place opens late 2014).
Old 06-28-2013, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MulletGT
a couple years ago a buddy of mine booked a trip to the Bahamas for the day we were leaving for our already booked trip. I paid for him to stay at Atlantis for 3-4 days so we could all hang out together. When we left he went to his other hotel, checked in and 5 minutes later walked out and went back to Atlantis.

You will not find a better facility in Nassau/Caribbean (until the Bahamar place opens late 2014).
I had some buddies that went a couple months ago and said it was a great time, so we're looking forward to it! The place just looks ridiculously bad ***.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My wife used Kayak and got great deals in flights for our Hawaii trip.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MulletGT

subtle Mullet has man crush on ________ post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Teching In

OP: Check out these threads - http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...s-bahamas.html & http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...al-towers.html Have Fun!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Thats were I got married!! On the beach right behind the Atlantis. very awesome out there, onlt time we left paradise Island was to go to Nassau to snorkel.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Everything is set, will be there from 8/22-8/27 woowoop!

The only thing I had a hard decision with was selecting the hotel. We were going to stay at the cove, but had some recommendations to stay at the Royal Towers because of the location. Cove looks nicer(and its newer), so I'm already having remorse LOL.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

What site or travel agent did you use after all?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I just used Travelocity, prices were nearly identical across the board.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

I did Atlantis is Dubai on last years deployment. If its anything like there's you'll have a blast!

Quick Reply: Going to Atlantis-Bahamas in August, which travel website do you recommend?