ZAngel

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZAngel

Is your enthusiasm/addiction/obsession (not sure which level you're at currently - I'm strongly between enthusiasm and addiction) for cars something you can bottle up and sell? I'd sure like to slip a bit into my "financial manager's" breakfast.

See, I REALLY want a 383 or a 427 and she REALLY thinks my car has enough power.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Fiery Features Director

Wish I could help you, but unfortunately I can't change her mind. Although, I might be able to offer up a little advice. If the problem doesn't have anything to do with your financial situation, then maybe you can change her mind. Does she have any hobbies or something that she really enjoys? If not, I'm sure she enjoys shopping?!? Talk to her about compromise. If she allows you to spend X amount of dollars on your car, then she can spend X amount of dollars on a really pretty dress, a nice day at the salon and whatever else would make her feel good. Maybe you could butter her up by taking her dancing or out to a nice dinner. Tell her how much it means to you and hopefully she will understand. If her concerns have anything to do with not having enough money for your hobby, well then maybe you could consider doing some side work to earn more so you won't have to take out of your current funds. Again, I don't know your situation but I would surely like to think there is a reason for her "not allowing" you to go after something you love.

Good luck and let me know when you get that new motor
Old 05-15-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

or... option 2
have everything mailed to you and Brains and keep a seperate checking account. I wouldn't know , that's just what I heard people might do.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Zangel
Wish I could help you, but unfortunately I can't change her mind. Although, I might be able to offer up a little advice. If the problem doesn't have anything to do with your financial situation, then maybe you can change her mind. Does she have any hobbies or something that she really enjoys? If not, I'm sure she enjoys shopping?!? Talk to her about compromise. If she allows you to spend X amount of dollars on your car, then she can spend X amount of dollars on a really pretty dress, a nice day at the salon and whatever else would make her feel good. Maybe you could butter her up by taking her dancing or out to a nice dinner. Tell her how much it means to you and hopefully she will understand. If her concerns have anything to do with not having enough money for your hobby, well then maybe you could consider doing some side work to earn more so you won't have to take out of your current funds. Again, I don't know your situation but I would surely like to think there is a reason for her "not allowing" you to go after something you love.

I am sorry but this thinking is WAY to rational for almost all women I have met in my 40 plus years JEEZ please clone yourself and infiltrate as much of the US female population as you possibly can
Old 05-15-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Good women are rare if you find one keep her.

For us that are stuck with women who don't care for our sport try to get them more involved. My girlfriend loves to take pictures so I get her involved by letting her take pictures and what not.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01ArcticSS
Is your enthusiasm/addiction/obsession (not sure which level you're at currently - I'm strongly between enthusiasm and addiction) for cars something you can bottle up and sell? I'd sure like to slip a bit into my "financial manager's" breakfast.

See, I REALLY want a 383 or a 427 and she REALLY thinks my car has enough power.
I have the same situation Todd. It has now come to I can no longer buy things on for my car unitl my wife gets her jeep. She wants one so bad. I can only buy something if the car breaks down. Like my motor mount just broke. She knows I need it, and I am ordering it. But things like cam, ported TB is out of the question.

Anyone got a jeep for sale cheap, comeo on help a brotha out.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ss rally red
I am sorry but this thinking is WAY to rational for almost all women I have met in my 40 plus years JEEZ please clone yourself and infiltrate as much of the US female population as you possibly can

that may sound like a good idea at first (ok, a GREAT idea....! ), but what would happen if every guy's girl was like Zangel? it would take away from her uniqueness, and guys would end up wanting the exact opposite. the grass is always greener & such....

i know you'll probably say no way in hell, but that's only cause most of us are not accustomed to something like that, but i guarantee that if it ever happened and it became commonplace, the views would change.

but seriously, even if money is not a problem, just find another source of income and open your own secondary bank account for that money to go into, and just get what you want that way.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the post! Just knowing that there are several women out there with the car bug gives me hope.

Wish I could help you, but unfortunately I can't change her mind.

Although, I might be able to offer up a little advice.

If the problem doesn't have anything to do with your financial situation, then maybe you can change her mind.

Maybe you could butter her up by taking her dancing or out to a nice dinner.
I do that often - well, dinner. I do not dance. Nothing against those that do, but they've made movies about white guys like me with disabilities like that!
Tell her how much it means to you
Yeah...tried that
and hopefully she will understand.
No dice
If her concerns have anything to do with not having enough money for your hobby, well then maybe you could consider doing some side work to earn more so you won't have to take out of your current funds.
Boss has me working 50-60 hours a week as it is.....no room in the schedule for more work (the guy REALLY needs to give me a raise, though!I'm due!!)

Again, I don't know your situation
You really don't want to....it's sad, depressing....Well, the car situation is - everything else is excellent!
but I would surely like to think there is a reason for her "not allowing" you to go after something you love.
She's just so.....so.....PRACTICAL!! I mean, come on! A college fund for the 5 year old?? Do we REALLLY need that? Retirement accounts?? Come on - the politicians are reworking Social Security so they'll be passing out BAGS of money to retirees, right?
Oh, I promise - EVERYONE will know!!! I may drive it with open headers for a couple of weeks to make sure of that!!

EDIT - CRAP this is a long post!!
EDIT AGAIN - Hey - did you SEE that?? ZAngel WINKED at ME!!!

Last edited by 01ArcticSS; 05-15-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
I have the same situation Todd. It has now come to I can no longer buy things on for my car unitl my wife gets her jeep. She wants one so bad. I can only buy something if the car breaks down. Like my motor mount just broke. She knows I need it, and I am ordering it. But things like cam, ported TB is out of the question.

Anyone got a jeep for sale cheap, comeo on help a brotha out.
Well, buddy, wear lighter shoes, at least on the right foot, and your motor mount will last longer

What kind of jeep? The soccer mom type or the mudmobile Wrangler type?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...What kind of jeep? The soccer mom type or the mudmobile Wrangler type?

i'd venture to guess the Grand Cherokee variety.....
Old 05-15-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redaddiction
Good women are rare if you find one keep her.

For us that are stuck with women who don't care for our sport try to get them more involved. My girlfriend loves to take pictures so I get her involved by letting her take pictures and what not.

Now this idea has POTENTIAL!! Thanks

When we lived in Iowa we used to go to the dirt track oval on Saturday nights. We both have friends up there that own/drive race cars.

I keep trying to convince her that SCCA Solo II is the way to go. If we can ever get scheduling down I'm taking her to some the events here in town - might try to get involved in that.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
i'd venture to guess the Grand Cherokee variety.....
I was kind of leaning thay way myself, but I'm hoping for something comical from Stephen.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Fiery Features Director

I have never understood when people say, "the wife won't let me". The last time I checked, you are adults. As long as Brains is honest with me, he can do whatever he wants. He's a big boy and can make decisions without me having to hold his hand. People flip out when I let him go to strip clubs. He doesn't do it often, but if he wants to go out with the guys, that is fine. At this point he has 3 projects and will most likely be spending tons of money on all three in the near future. That is his deal, not mine. I really am not one to talk since the majority of my pay checks goes into my car and yes... my 6 year old has a college fund There are always ways to work around things and if we were to hit a hard spot, we would definately discuss the situation. However, there is no reason to limit a person on what he or she can do. You only live once, right?

and 02Z28LS1, you are exactly right... I have been with a few guys in the past who hated that I worked on my car, hated that I spent money on my car and hated that I "liked my car more than them". This is my passion and I guess you can see why I call those people my ex's. Then Brains came along! I am lucky to have found someone that supports me in whatever I do!

Anyways, keep your head up. It is always sad to hear about these situations but I hope that she will come around. Just don't give up trying! One of these days she will see how much it means to you. If it makes you happy, she shouldn't keep you from it!!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Now this idea has POTENTIAL!! Thanks

When we lived in Iowa we used to go to the dirt track oval on Saturday nights. We both have friends up there that own/drive race cars.

I keep trying to convince her that SCCA Solo II is the way to go. If we can ever get scheduling down I'm taking her to some the events here in town - might try to get involved in that.

Now once you have them taking pictures you get them to be in the pictures. Makes everyone happy.

I think most girls don't like the sport becuase the can not get involved but if you put them in the mix and give them something to do other than sit there and watch them. Imagine if you had to walk around when the went shopping. Then they are more likely to like it.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

Well, buddy, wear lighter shoes, at least on the right foot, and your motor mount will last longer

What kind of jeep? The soccer mom type or the mudmobile Wrangler type?
She wants the muddin one, Wrangler! She doesn't car if it is a rolling chassis for me to build up, she just wants one.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Launching!

I have never understood when people say, "the wife won't let me". The last time I checked, you are adults. As long as Brains is honest with me, he can do whatever he wants. He's a big boy and can make decisions without me having to hold his hand. People flip out when I let him go to strip clubs. He doesn't do it often, but if he wants to go out with the guys, that is fine. At this point he has 3 projects and will most likely be spending tons of money on all three in the near future. That is his deal, not mine. I really am not one to talk since the majority of my pay checks goes into my car and yes... my 6 year old has a college fund There are always ways to work around things and if we were to hit a hard spot, we would definately discuss the situation. However, there is no reason to limit a person on what he or she can do. You only live once, right?

and 02Z28LS1, you are exactly right... I have been with a few guys in the past who hated that I worked on my car, hated that I spent money on my car and hated that I "liked my car more than them". This is my passion and I guess you can see why I call those people my ex's. Then Brains came along! I am lucky to have found someone that supports me in whatever I do!

Anyways, keep your head up. It is always sad to hear about these situations but I hope that she will come around. Just don't give up trying! One of these days she will see how much it means to you. If it makes you happy, she shouldn't keep you from it!!!!

AMEN!!! My husband I and both work and we have our own bank accounts, we split the bills and what ever is left is fair game If it's something big we discuss it but if the other one really wants it then we GO FOR IT...

Now if we could only get Stang Man out of our house and bank accounts we would be wealthy people
Old 05-16-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Aaron's not the one to worry about, its all those other guys who like to hang around
Old 05-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brains
Aaron's not the one to worry about, its all those other guys who like to hang around
The extras are the easy ones, a couple 12 packs of cokes and some chips with burgers around the pool every once and awhile and they are happy. Now Arron don't get me started
Old 05-17-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

Girls like this are rare.....which explains why I'm still single.....until then
Old 05-17-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Cool

Brian on the avatar and (i guess it's called) title? PU39 Explosive Space Modulators ...that's funny