f**k The 1960 Trooper (Got me again!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdubb
The DPS doesn't generally do the criminal type acts that you'd see another department working. State Troopers are in charge of emission testing centers and other things on the road, more than they are with say armed robbery.
They also handle more of the DWI cases. Most Harris County officers aren't certified to give road side sobreity test. All State Troopers are certified. Harris County cops like to work the accidents and Troopers work the DWI's.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

same guy got me twice also. that sux
Old 05-16-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJRTX
This guy were talking about is black, right?
Black? Tall and slender?

If so, this is the same guy that let me off with a warning on 1960 East of 249 last week. Respectful and Apologetic worked for me.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah that would be the black knight, he is such a *****, he has been doing this for the past 3 years always dishin out those no cat tickets
Old 05-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

He pulled me over in my red car before, no inspection, no cats, no front plate and i got off with a warning. how i did it i have no clue
Old 05-16-2005, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

That sucks G. I'm sure he's got a pathetic life and just takes it out on others.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CySevans
Black? Tall and slender?

If so, this is the same guy that let me off with a warning on 1960 East of 249 last week. Respectful and Apologetic worked for me.
I knew it! Thats him all right.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CySevans
Black? Tall and slender?

Originally Posted by The Darkside
yeah that would be the black knight, he is such a *****, he has been doing this for the past 3 years always dishin out those no cat tickets
Hes not tall and slender, hes shorter that I am, and im ~5'10", even with his big *** hat on im still taller than him. You guys are thinking about the wrong person. Yes hes black but not tall at all.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stang killer
Hes not tall and slender, hes shorter that I am, and im ~5'10", even with his big *** hat on im still taller than him. You guys are thinking about the wrong person. Yes hes black but not tall at all.
Well, I was in the Vette looking up, so he appeared tall to me. I am pretty sure this is the same guy because he definitely had a smug attitude.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Garrett, this cop sounds like the typical a-hole attitude officer.

BUT, your car is freaking loud dude, even at idle. Its probably the loudest street car that I've heard in a few years, honestly.

put some mufflers on that NASCAR

Tony
Old 05-17-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thank God i live in SW Houston, i wouldn't want to have to worry about this guy.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:04 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

G I heard your car at the photo shoot and I turned my head when you pulled up. Loud as hell, but sounds sweet man. I had him bust a U on me a while back when I changed lanes at a light to go around a slow *** dump truck and I nailed it a bit but didn`t go over the speed limit. At the time I wasen`t cammed and had a cut out. He pulled me over about a mile and a half down 249 and told me I was going 60 in a 55. I saw him following me in the next lane and when I pulled into the gas station he pulled in as well. As I pulled in the gas station I reached down and closed the cut out and left it running as he walked up. You should have sceen him slightly leaning over as he walked up looking at my stock muffler and tail pipes. I got off with a warning. Damn I miss having my cut out. The first week after I got my dumps I still had the habit of reaching down to close of the cut out when I saw a law man.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

That same guy pulled me over, just outside of my neighborhood for being too loud. Then he pulls me over again three days later for the same thing. He asked why my vehicle is so loud and I told him he knew why cuz he just pulled me over three days ago, and he flipped his lid and started yelling, and he even unbuckled his gun holster. I was furious, but he let me go cuz I had cats the second time. I know as soon as I get headers on my new car, he is going to get me again. I with you G, I'm filing harassment if he does it again.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Guys unfortunately the law is not on your side with regard to a loud modded car. Troopers have been giving these tickets since Ive been alive. Its pretty much up to the cop. Should be relatively easy to get dismissed however... Ill definitely have to avoid that area! On another note ive had a trooper in Shiner who I had a prior bad record with let me off for 97 in a 55 zone!!! Turns out my dad and him had become friends at a local bowling alley!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

You must be white, a mexican can't talk to an officer like that. We're always told to keep our hands where they can be seen and don't get out of the car. We would be beat up and then taken to jail to get beat up again! Then later we would get the word that a bag of coke/weed was found in our car. You got *****. Hope it all works out for you. Good Luck!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Banned

we need to all chip in and get that guy a hooker, i think he has taken a part in ruining most of our lives here
Old 05-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponchoWS6
You must be white, a mexican can't talk to an officer like that. We're always told to keep our hands where they can be seen and don't get out of the car. We would be beat up and then taken to jail to get beat up again! Then later we would get the word that a bag of coke/weed was found in our car. You got *****. Hope it all works out for you. Good Luck!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ponchoWS6
Theres a hispanic trooper that pulled me over back in october that works this area and hes pretty cool. My inspection was 7 months out of date, I didnt have a front plate, and my exhaust was dumped and he let me off with a warning.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Originally Posted by stang killer
Theres a hispanic trooper that pulled me over back in october that works this area and hes pretty cool. My inspection was 7 months out of date, I didnt have a front plate, and my exhaust was dumped and he let me off with a warning.
Yeah but if you were a mexican he would have stuffed a burrito up your tailpipe.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RamAirD98
One of the troopers I work with said he has been a car freak since he was a kid. He said he also owns a vette but he wasn't sure what year. His job as a state trooper is emissions and inspections. The car he drives also says this underneath the trooper seal on both front doors. Uou might see others with highway patrol or truck enforcement divisions listed on them. He works the streets mainly at night or early morning but goes to different inspection places during the days. When he does patrol it is the 290/1960 area in NW Houston.
No offense meant to your colleague, but how can you be a car freak and claim to have a vette and not know what year it is ?