TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saw Dukes Of Hazzard!!

Badass movie. Very entertaining and JESSICA SIMPSON

She is PERFECT
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Banned

Hell yeah ....... Awesome movie and it brings back some good memories of growing up in a small town and raising HELL !!!

Oh yeah , Jessica is smoking *** HOT
Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

saw it today also, loved

espcially with all the guys from Super Troopers in it,
Old 08-05-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Damn critics dont know what their talking about, I dont know why they get paid for them in the first place. I heard some really bad reviews about it, but dont really give 2 ***** im still gonna hit it up. Thanks for the input fellas.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Parker TX
Damn critics dont know what their talking about, I dont know why they get paid for them in the first place. I heard some really bad reviews about it, but dont really give 2 ***** im still gonna hit it up. Thanks for the input fellas.
Yeah no doubt about that... after hearing how they talked about it this morning on the radio there was no way I wanted to see it... Thanks guys
Old 08-06-2005, 01:39 AM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

it was a really good movie, me and my gf loved it. it was a lot better than i thought (because of the critics reviews).

on a side note, quick question, why is a certain level of racism associated with the Dukes of Hazzard, when it was a TV show. Had to be something more than the flag, and the name General Lee.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:42 AM
12 Second Club

saw it earlier too. I thought it was good but there were some parts that were kind of cheezy. But overall it was fun to watch.

the car reminded me of my ls1 w/ off road y pipe exhaust, lol, it had a certain machine gun sound. anybody notice that
Old 08-06-2005, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

well can I take the Kids with this movie
the small 1 is 10 yrs old
let me know so I can take the kids
Old 08-06-2005, 09:15 AM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

I personally wouldn't take kids to the movie, because of all the boobies, and the concept of rebelling against authority is displayed throughout the movie, but i guess some people wouldn't mind. It was a great movie, but I would think twice before I took any young kids.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

ya, I would not bring a child
Old 08-06-2005, 09:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SAI

on a side note, quick question, why is a certain level of racism associated with the Dukes of Hazzard, when it was a TV show. Had to be something more than the flag, and the name General Lee.

Not really, prety much every one watched the original show when it came out, because at that point when the show came out there wasnt any where near the level of racism and polictical incorectness people associate with the confederate flag as people do now. There was nothing racist about the show, they were just in south and in the country. If you look at any thing in south pre-1990 the confedrate flag wasnt any where near as polictialy contreversial as it is now. The show had a good message to it about fighting coruption and what not. The movie from what I hear doesnt capture any of the real ideals from the show. Any way there was even a black characeter, Broady, who worked for boss Hog in the first season. Then after that season the wrotes streamed down and got rid of a bunch of charaters.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Thats what my kids are all about, rebeling against authority!!! My boys look like but act like
Old 08-06-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that she was ever even remotely fat, but she really tightened up for the movie!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Banned

If you liked the Tv show , you'll like the movie . The critics are a bunch of over thinking morons .
Old 08-06-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SAI
Everybody has to have something to complain about, so that's what the Africans get on their about sometimes. I liked the original show, but I may just wait to see this one. The original General Lee never saw a freeway, and things are just too far from the original show for me and my wife. Guess we're getting old or something.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SAI
*sighs* white people......

Personally, I don't know what the hell yall talking about. Me and my family used to watch the hell outta that show, my grandmother even bought me the General Lee action set when I was a kid. I guess some people just get their panties in a wad about stuff like that, to me and my family it's just a TV show and not racist at all. Now, if they were in the same car with the same name and used the "n" word like every 5 seconds and had people dressed in white sheets with pointy hats and burning crosses in front of black people's houses and talking about white power, then I would probably say that's racist Anyways, I'll probably check out the movie when I get back home. In the meantime it's time for this African to get off his
Old 08-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Oh man, I loved it. My gf had never seen the show, and she loved it too. I love the job that Broken Lizard did with it, even though it was a bit of a stretch from the show as far as language and the sexual, and drug humor goes, but it was still good. I loved the Super Troopers reference when they got pulled over on campus, hahaha. Anywho, I think it was a great movie, and will definetly be seeing this one again.

Brian
Old 08-06-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Old 08-07-2005, 07:06 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

I can't really say I was a big fan of the show, and I didn't think I was going to like the movie that much. Maybe my expectations were low, but I thought it was pretty good. And yes the Super Trooper guys stepped it up a lot. The driving scenes were very creative and unique.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default I like how

Originally Posted by CRAGER
I can't really say I was a big fan of the show, and I didn't think I was going to like the movie that much. Maybe my expectations were low, but I thought it was pretty good. And yes the Super Trooper guys stepped it up a lot. The driving scenes were very creative and unique.

Peace,
Craig.
I cannot believe how well the car performed as an AIRPLANE!!!! It looked like idiots made the film,but who am I to judge??????????

hahahahahahahahahahaah