looking for a reputable DEALER painter

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for a reputable DEALER painter

looks like ive got the 00-02 roof sail glue bubble plague, and it's getting worse.

few more pinholes have popped up in the last 6 months and i'm thinking about trying to get it repainted via the recall that most people have had luck getting done.

since its a factory car and a factory recall i guess i'll have to get it done at a dealer right? they wouldnt pay me to get a 3rd party to do the work would they?

im north of houston, just south of conroe. and i want to try and get this done. i love my car and i dont want someone to F* up my color. so finding someone that will do an awesome job is a necessity.

any advice? i'd prefer to be in the conroe, spring, north houston area but if i cant find anything i guess i could travel an hr or so and go more south.

if anyone has any advice on some kickass painters at dealers PLEASE let me know. im pretty sure this recall falls under the 75k/5yr warranty and my car is an 02.

thanks!
taylor
Old 11-27-2006, 03:23 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Gay Pontiac in Dickinson painted my SOM T/A a few years ago, did a really good job.

If you don't end up going to a dealer we have a sponsor here on the boards that is a paint shop. Look them up --->

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Launching!

thanks man. looks like that place is about an hr away from me.

out of curiosity what did you get repainted. i was thinking about getting my front bumper repainted cause of a couple rock chips. with our color did they have to blend alot into other panels?

t
Old 11-27-2006, 04:42 AM

No problem. I got my top done under the recall, then I had my rear quater panel repainted because of fade, the Raptor hood painted (just bought it), and I bought a front plate cover to get painted.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Launching!

did they give you any hassle on the recall? what kind of steps did you go through?
i've heard some dealers say they wont do it, but it looks like i may be in luck.

t
Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't bet your lunch money on it.........https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body-work/497097-your-98-02-f-body-roof-bubbling.html
Old 11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Launching!

well hopefully since Crager got his done there i will have better luck.

thus the reason for this post

craig you got a pm.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:44 AM

Sorry I didn't see the replies on this thread. lol

I did not get any hell about the recall. I knew the service writer Sean Meadows that worked there (gone now), and I have gone there for about 7 years and always had good work done, polite, no extra miles, good prices, etc...

I don't know any of the other service writers now, and my Camaro could use it too. But it is not that bad and not getting any worse (knock on wood), so I am going to leave it alone.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Most dealers have excellent body shops. I for one have used Bill Heard a few times before and they do excellent work.....now this is just the body shop...the service dept sucks there.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Most dealers have excellent body shops. I for one have used Bill Heard a few times before and they do excellent work.....now this is just the body shop...the service dept sucks there.
What ever you do, don't go to Charlie Thomas, now called Champion Chevrolet on I45 & Beltway8.

I went there for a quote first for a huge rock chip on my SS hood, they wanted about three times what Gay Pontiac charged. Plus I heard Charlie Thomas quality blows, and everything else about them sucks. Like taking your car on lunch break, crappy work, amount of time to get it back, etc..

Peace,
Craig.