Where is home?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is home?

I know a lot of you proably lived around here your whole life. If you haven't, where do you call home, and what do you miss about it?
I came here for SAM, and I enjoy the hell out of the school, but to be honest, it's the only thing keeping me here.
Home: Russellville/Fayetteville, Arkansas
I miss:

Brother's boat club, Beaver Lake, Rogers, AR

Bull Shoals Lake, Lakeview, AR
Carp on 4# test and Shakespeare Ultralite

Buffalo National River, Buffalo Point, Marshall Arkansas

Boston Mountains, Ozark National Forest, Jasper, AR

White River, Cotter, Arkansas
First and last rainbow of the trip. Trout weren't hitting anything all weekend, so I finally tied on a white Wal Mart sponge spider.

My brother has a bunch of us duck hunting. Apparently that's a sport that's hard to do here.

So now you see that I have other hobbies besides making retarded comments on LS1tech.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Banned

its beautiful up the way you are from, my fiance went to school up in Arkadelphia, and lived up in Amity while she was there, GEORGOUS up there, i spent a lot of time up on/near Mt. Mena when i was younger and my grandfather left me and two of my cousins a large part of a mountain up that way. Beautiful part of the world for sure. btw, how are you liking SAM and when you moved how'd you find a place to live etc down there? i'm graduating this semester and thining about going to SAM since i have nothing else to do yet (some reason mgmt. degrees wont get ya a job as easily as i had figured it would...)
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
its beautiful up the way you are from, my fiance went to school up in Arkadelphia, and lived up in Amity while she was there, GEORGOUS up there, i spent a lot of time up on/near Mt. Mena when i was younger and my grandfather left me and two of my cousins a large part of a mountain up that way. Beautiful part of the world for sure. btw, how are you liking SAM and when you moved how'd you find a place to live etc down there? i'm graduating this semester and thining about going to SAM since i have nothing else to do yet (some reason mgmt. degrees wont get ya a job as easily as i had figured it would...)
Thank you. Those pics are from the northcentral to the northwest part of the state. Arkadelphia is a little further south, but it's really nice there. A good gal friend of mine went there to OBU.

I love SAM! Haven't been there long, but I've learned more about cars and engines that I ever did. There are a lot of notes though, so if you look them over every night and read your textbook, it sinks in pretty well.

One of my room mates has a family friend that is a realtor, so we found a house fairly easily, but it's not that hard. Just find a real estate agency close to the area you want to live. However, don't sign anything, otherwise you can't use another realtor. It's wierd. If they don't want to work with you, unless you sign that you won't go to another realtor, get up and walk out.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Teching In

im currently living in central cali[cuz the navy is makin me], but Fort Hood, TX is and will always be my home!!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

That's why arkansas is the natural state.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Abe99
That's why arkansas is the natural state.
has nothing to do with imbreeding... J/K, i love Arkansas...
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Houston is home for me.
Just go saltwater fishing late spring early summer. That is what i miss the most.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
has nothing to do with imbreeding... J/K, i love Arkansas...
If you're gonna talk ****, get it right. Inbreeding happens in Mississippi. We **** goats.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Well, here's a long distance "home" story
Been in Houston a while now, and totaly, totaly hooked.
Originally from Liverpool, U.K. but got fed up being ripped of by Blair & Co. and all his predecessor cronies.
Made a move to Cape Town S.A.
What a beautiful place man, I tell you. Spent 14 years there.
Sure, the States has everything anyone could want, this place you have is GREAT, No wonder not many of you have passports, with acountry as great as this, and as so diverse, who needs anything else.
However, I am very worried about the future in C.T. so I trekked back to U.K.
Still getting raped by the tax system so noe enjoying all Houston has to offer, and in return I put in a full hard days work down in Green Plaza number 4
3rd floor.
Maybe some local guy's know the joint.
G.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was born and raised in SE Wisconsin. I still miss things like the changing of seasons, the fact everything up there is such a deep green, the thousands of nice clean inland lakes, Lake Michigan, etc. I DON'T miss all that white **** that falls from the sky every winter though
Old 12-12-2006, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I've lived in Houston since I was 3, no plans on ever leaving. I've been all over the world, and I consider this home. Just so many things to do, and the weather allows us to do them. I grew up in Friendswood, about 20 mi South of Houston.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 AM
9 Second Club

I have lived here sense 99... I am from Colorado:

I do miss the Mountains... but I wont lie... I am very torn between the two states. I love the lakes here... and there are some very beautiful parts to be explored. But I guess I will always be a Colorado boy.. even if I always live here
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Alabama Cotton
Well, here's a long distance "home" story
Been in Houston a while now, and totaly, totaly hooked.
Originally from Liverpool, U.K. but got fed up being ripped of by Blair & Co. and all his predecessor cronies.
Made a move to Cape Town S.A.
What a beautiful place man, I tell you. Spent 14 years there.
Sure, the States has everything anyone could want, this place you have is GREAT, No wonder not many of you have passports, with acountry as great as this, and as so diverse, who needs anything else.
However, I am very worried about the future in C.T. so I trekked back to U.K.
Still getting raped by the tax system so noe enjoying all Houston has to offer, and in return I put in a full hard days work down in Green Plaza number 4
3rd floor.
Maybe some local guy's know the joint.
G.
Its finally good to hear someone who came here actually saying some good things about our country!!!
Im so tired of people coming here and talking ****, and messing our country up.
Welcome to America my friend((even though you'v been here awhile))
Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

I moved to Houston from Thunder Bay Ontario Canada. I miss it alot at times but I like it here. Its nice to wake up in January and wear shorts. Plus, back home I wouldnt even waist my money on some of the toys I have here. I ride a Harley and drive a ram air T/A, wouldnt even be worth it for the 3 months of the year I could actually use them back home in Canada. Hurry up and anex Canada so I can get cheaper flights and no customs-lol
Old 12-12-2006, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crsmetal
Its finally good to hear someone who came here actually saying some good things about our country!!!
Im so tired of people coming here and talking ****, and messing our country up.
Welcome to America my friend((even though you'v been here awhile))
I would certainly never run such a good country down.
I know some of you folks some times think times are tough, well, some time perhaps they are. . .
It 'aint easy all the time.
But generally you must realise you all have a GREAT country.
I would one day hope to live here permanently. Thats for sure.
Then I could bring back my WS6 back to her rightfull place, and rip up some of Uncle Sam's best!
Then spank some them there 'stangs.
Now isn't that what we all do best !!!!!!

Home page full of WS6
http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f189/stomper13579/
Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Launching!

hemphill texas! i think some of you may actually know where that is..... but i live in north houston.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm from Fort Worth, but Bella Vista, Fayetteville, Rogers, were my 2nd home due to vacationing in a vacation house.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

There's also some things you miss being in Texas that much of the country has, and much of the rest of the world has even more -- HISTORY. Texas is such a young state, we don't have the beautiful architecture some other places have. English castles, for instance..
Old 12-12-2006, 12:20 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I grew up in Friendswood....
Don't be too friendly, Friendswooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

-Ben R
Old 12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vince3
Houston is home for me.
Just go saltwater fishing late spring early summer. That is what i miss the most.
Late spring is a horrible time to go. Late July/August is the time to go. ...offshore at least.