Houston Area Indoor Motocross Track??

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Houston Area Indoor Motocross Track??

We are considering opening an indoor motocross track in the houston area, and are wondering what kind of response we will recieve. Post up on your thoughts or suggestions

A few ideas such as prices, what kind of track configurations you want, other amenities?

Let us know!!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

i nice smooth arena cross style with multiple rhythm sections and maybe a couple good 65ft triples. Nothing too tight got to keep the track were beginners wont kill them selves. I raced motocross my whole life and I knew a couple people who have opened up indoor tracks and they seem to boom pretty good. Finding motocross tracks are easy but finding an indoor arena cross style track is hard to find. All the ones I knew of were $15 open practice and around $30 or $40 on race night. If it was my track I would just make it a year round practice track. Everyone I talked to who has owned a track has said that insurance will eat you alive, but the guy said he averages $20,000 A WEEK but its open 7 days a week from 9 to 6. Would love to see you go for it!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Teching In

thanks for the information.. we hope that we can provide houston with a facility soon!!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would be totally down for this. But how the hell are you going to get a large enough Indoor track? That just doesn't seem feasible to me.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Launching!

on the side....put a 1/4 of straight double laned road with some stopping room at the end, and some lights :-)
Old 11-25-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I started riding when I was 4 years old turned pro when I was 16 and thats when all the accidents started coming. Ive had 15 total surgerys and hurt everday but motorcross is in my blood. My family has owned our own motorcross track previous and I still have my own personal tracks one is a super tight huge jumps supercross style and the other is a high speed outdoorrs style. the only problem is listed above we had to pay 2500 a day in insurance per race so you must have a nice turn out to cover that then you must have an ambulance service on call there for when and when is the key word something happens as we all know its not if it is when in this sport.Anyways I know a ton of people that would make it out to something like this. only problem is fast guys want a technical track to seperate FAST guys from others any one can ride a track setup easy. but then you take the risk of the amatures not liking it becasue is so hard and dangerous. Its a hard call now in days. I know Texas has alot of fast people I rode with alot of them Bogart, Dement, Clingfrost, Whitley theres alot of us old timers ( im 35) LOL that still love to roll out. Good luck with it.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brian2006
I would be totally down for this. But how the hell are you going to get a large enough Indoor track? That just doesn't seem feasible to me.
you havent seen the igloo plant on igloo road going down I-10 past katy towards brookshire.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Arena Cross

There was a pretty good arena cross track in Stephenville,TX Lone Star arena cross it was in the old rodeo arena it was pretty nice it had on section that went outside. Then also my G-maws cousin (Johnny Nash) had a mini indoor arena for pit bike racing also here in houston. But I would love to see one built again
Old 11-25-2007, 06:01 PM

Thumbs up dont forget Dave Shade and Ross Dyer

Originally Posted by 1fstTA
I started riding when I was 4 years old turned pro when I was 16 and thats when all the accidents started coming. Ive had 15 total surgerys and hurt everday but motorcross is in my blood. My family has owned our own motorcross track previous and I still have my own personal tracks one is a super tight huge jumps supercross style and the other is a high speed outdoorrs style. the only problem is listed above we had to pay 2500 a day in insurance per race so you must have a nice turn out to cover that then you must have an ambulance service on call there for when and when is the key word something happens as we all know its not if it is when in this sport.Anyways I know a ton of people that would make it out to something like this. only problem is fast guys want a technical track to seperate FAST guys from others any one can ride a track setup easy. but then you take the risk of the amatures not liking it becasue is so hard and dangerous. Its a hard call now in days. I know Texas has alot of fast people I rode with alot of them Bogart, Dement, Clingfrost, Whitley theres alot of us old timers ( im 35) LOL that still love to roll out. Good luck with it.
Do you still activly ride ?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love to ride only problem is Im so competitive that I still want to ride like I use to and thats what gets me in trouble. But I love it and once the bug gets in you you cant shake it.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

I raced for about 10 years when I was younger and always enjoyed the faster outdoor tracks. I guess you would have to pick the route you want to go. Cater to the novice and slower intermediates or pros. The wicked triples out of corners dishearten alot of the slower folks (which there are more of). I think it makes sense as well to do what a buddy of mine did when he and he dad opened a track. Continue the track out of the covering if you have room, and use a berm or cones when you wanna keep it under roof.

Quick Reply: Houston Area Indoor Motocross Track??