Work out junkies come in. Part II

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
flemshady, which one, the Sport or 50 Plus? I'm not taking creatine. I worded it wrong. The only thing I'm taking right now is:

BSN NoExplode
BSN Syntha-6

A lot of people have mentioned a multi-vitamin and whey protein, 2 things I'm currently not taking. I was asking what brands does everyone recommend? Also, should I stack whey protein on top of the BSN Syntha-6 now or stop taking it and replace it with the whey protein? Lastly, should I stack a creatine in there or am I taking enough already. Sorry I wasn't clear.

just be sure to get in 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight a day, if you can't do that then take whey protein to hit the 1g/1lb

hold off on the creatine, you'll see beginner gains without it

you can take any multivitamin, they don't really help if you are eating right but they don't hurt

be sure to drink plenty of water
Old 01-31-2008, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

I would take the sport, because the multivitamin will give you most of the vitamins that you dont get in your normal diet. If your Pee is real yellow, you are getting most vitamins from your diet, but if it is more clear, then you are using most of the vitamins from the megaman. I recommend taking them.

Now to creatine, most people dont like to use creatine, but ill give you the basic function of it and then you decide.

First off, your body naturally produces creatine phosphate. 2 scoops of creatine is about the amount of creatine you would get from eating a whole cow.

Creatine is the energy it takes to connect the third phosphate to ADP. You have all these ADP and single P's floating around in your cell. The phosphocreatine binds that third P to the ADP. ATP is responsible for 15-20 seconds of energy(perfect for people that work in the gym because your sets are no longer than that anyways). Energy created in the first 20 seconds of a work out is caused by the Breaking off of that third P from the ADP. So in theory, the more creatine you put in your body, the more ADP turns to ATP. The more ATP, the more breaking of the P from ADP, which equals more enery.

Think of it this way, you are on bench press and say you are doing sets of 8 reps. The first 6 are usually easy and then that 7th and 8th are a bit more of a struggle. Thats cause you have used all your ATP for that 20 seconds. Creatine may help you hit that 7th rep and possibly the 8th rep as well with no struggle. So think about that, and determine if you should be taking it.

I take Vitargo CGL by nutrex research. It is a lil more expensive, but creatine is creatine. Whether it is cheap stuff or super expensive stuff. Oh, one thing, Creatine makes you bloat right off the bat for a couple weeks cause it holds water, but that will eventually go away!

http://www.nutrex.com/vitargo.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nutrex/vitargo.html
Old 01-31-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by flemshady
I would take the sport, because the multivitamin will give you most of the vitamins that you dont get in your normal diet. If your Pee is real yellow, you are getting most vitamins from your diet, but if it is more clear, then you are using most of the vitamins from the megaman. I recommend taking them.

Now to creatine, most people dont like to use creatine, but ill give you the basic function of it and then you decide.

First off, your body naturally produces creatine phosphate. 2 scoops of creatine is about the amount of creatine you would get from eating a whole cow.

Creatine is the energy it takes to connect the third phosphate to ADP. You have all these ADP and single P's floating around in your cell. The phosphocreatine binds that third P to the ADP. ATP is responsible for 15-20 seconds of energy(perfect for people that work in the gym because your sets are no longer than that anyways). Energy created in the first 20 seconds of a work out is caused by the Breaking off of that third P from the ADP. So in theory, the more creatine you put in your body, the more ADP turns to ATP. The more ATP, the more breaking of the P from ADP, which equals more enery.

Think of it this way, you are on bench press and say you are doing sets of 8 reps. The first 6 are usually easy and then that 7th and 8th are a bit more of a struggle. Thats cause you have used all your ATP for that 20 seconds. Creatine may help you hit that 7th rep and possibly the 8th rep as well with no struggle. So think about that, and determine if you should be taking it.

I take Vitargo CGL by nutrex research. It is a lil more expensive, but creatine is creatine. Whether it is cheap stuff or super expensive stuff. Oh, one thing, Creatine makes you bloat right off the bat for a couple weeks cause it holds water, but that will eventually go away!

http://www.nutrex.com/vitargo.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nutrex/vitargo.html
if you want the advantage of creatine without bloat and holding water try "kre-alkalyn" its a buffered form of creatine. so you take less, no bloat, and its more potent then regular creatine.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

by the way, there was a study out the other day that no-explode has no real active ingredients. and is pretty much useless. i have spent a good amount of money on all the cool new stuff that comes out every month, fwiw this is what im sticking with

multi v.
blended protien shake (2 a day)
glutamine
whey (post workout)
kre-alkalyn

and most important .........a good nutrition diet
Old 01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

bowtierodder, good supplements. I like that!

I take pretty much the same

mega man multivitamin
Syntha-6
Syntha-6 after workout
glutamine
Virtabol CGL Creatine
Something Else!!!

Pretty much all you need right there with your own sources IMO However, I may start Whey!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:50 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about:

Universal Nutrition Animal Stak 2 or M Stak
MRI CE2 Hi-Def or Platinum
MRI NO2 Platinum or Black

Should I ditch the NoExplode? If so, what do I take in it's place? I NEED energy and the "pump" as I've been awake almost 15 hours by the time I start my workout and I'm already tired. I get up around 4:45-5:00 am, work from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, start my workout between 7:30-7:45 pm.

Is Syntha-6 considered a protein shake? I only take it after I work out.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Definitely stick with the NOexplode. If you want something a bit more powerful, try NaNoVapor. I never really notice any gains with the animal stack, get some good Amino Acids instead (Healthy'n fit Anabolic Amino 10,000). Right now I am stacking Cellucor's p6 Black Pro-hormone and Pro-androgenic. It is a little expensive $80 for the black and $40 for the pro-androgenic but I have made great gains in the last 3 weeks. From what I have heard, it is the most powerful LEGAL products on the market.

GL
Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Lets see pics of all you swole guys!! haha Everyone has all this great info.Lets see if you have the sack to post a pic!???
Old 01-31-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
Lets see pics of all you swole guys!! haha Everyone has all this great info.Lets see if you have the sack to post a pic!???
yeah lets see 'em. ill get a couple off my camera tonight and post.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Syntha-6 gives you 44g of protein with 2 scoops and 400 calories. Not to mention you add milk and it gives you over 50g. I would consider that a protein shake!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
Wanting to see pics of swole guys and you talking about sack in the same paragraph has me worried about you.

You know what the bible says about being gay??..........it's against it! (King Pin)

Just jacking with you bro! (Pun Intended)

J.R.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

take this as ur mulit...and sorry to say if ur into the gym alot or somewhat alot, a mega man aint cutting it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalpak.html

its called animal Pak, and ill tell you this right now. this is top level stuff!! i havent been sick in 2 years since taking it.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Just wondering if all these supplement pros had any real results or if they were just typing what the "know"..

Originally Posted by 1stz06
Wanting to see pics of swole guys and you talking about sack in the same paragraph has me worried about you.

You know what the bible says about being gay??..........it's against it! (King Pin)

Just jacking with you bro! (Pun Intended)

J.R.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Here's what I take:

O.N. Gold Standard 100% whey
Coffee for pre-workout..noxplode is the gayness as well as everything else bsn/muscletech make.
5mg of the cheapest m.f.'n creatine I can find.
Animal Pak for multi-vitamin.

I'm 6'1" and 260. Bench: 395lbs Squat: 565lbs Deadlift: 620lbs 18" rack pull: 800lbs x 4 yesterday. Don't believe a word on the pages of those advertisments in bodybuilding magazines. If it's too good to believe..it isn't true. Here's the proof:
Attached Thumbnails Work out junkies come in. Part II-bill.jpg   Work out junkies come in. Part II-bill2.jpg  
Old 01-31-2008, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

If I recall, you have given your 2 cents also. Do you know what you are talkin about or did you just go read about it on the sight. Guess we will never know who is full of it or who actually has results. Reguardless there has been a lot of good info in this forum!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by coolguy
take this as ur mulit...and sorry to say if ur into the gym alot or somewhat alot, a mega man aint cutting it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalpak.html

its called animal Pak, and ill tell you this right now. this is top level stuff!! i havent been sick in 2 years since taking it.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Nice bro..Glad to see there are other people out there that accutly work there legs out..

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
Here's what I take:

O.N. Gold Standard 100% whey
Coffee for pre-workout..noxplode is the gayness as well as everything else bsn/muscletech make.
5mg of the cheapest m.f.'n creatine I can find.
Animal Pak for multi-vitamin.

I'm 6'1" and 260. Bench: 395lbs Squat: 565lbs Deadlift: 620lbs 18" rack pull: 800lbs x 4 yesterday. Don't believe a word on the pages of those advertisments in bodybuilding magazines. If it's too good to believe..it isn't true. Here's the proof:
Old 01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

im not going to post a pic or stats of myself.. but i feel that i do know alittle bit of this sport. i did the john sherman back in 05 and im planning on doing it this year agian.

all in all i could sit with you all day and talk supplements. but it boils down to 2 things, What REALLY works out there, and what WORKS with YOU!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by flemshady
If I recall, you have given your 2 cents also. Do you know what you are talkin about or did you just go read about it on the sight. Guess we will never know who is full of it or who actually has results. Reguardless there has been a lot of good info in this forum!
Sure we will if eveyone would post a pic ...

Multi V. and creatine is about the only thing worth buying.If you think you need to drink protien shakes than your wrong.Last 2 months was the first time i've ever dieted and alls i can say is A DIET,HARD WORK,AND SLEEP IS ALL YOU NEED!I've tryed it all and have got better results from eating right.I do mean it all to!I'm 6ft. ,209lbs ,8.1% body fat right now and i dont take creatine,protien,or any of the other iens..lol
I was 210 @ 10.2 BF before the diet.If i had the money i would buy some creatine but thats it.I wake up,eat right and take a multi v. Seems to be working.

Last edited by sr71bbjr; 01-31-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
9 Second Club NA

What's the difference between Animal Pak, Animal Stak 2, and Animal M Stak?

Quick Reply: Work out junkies come in. Part II