WTT for LS1 m6 car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT for LS1 m6 car!

I am wanting to get into somthing else before i get my license in April. I would like an ls1 car with a 6 speed. Show me what you have to trade!

Thanks Ethan

I have $21,000 worth of receipts for this car. The car has only been garage kept.

The car was repainted 4 years ago by a chevrolet dealership. I sold the SS hood that was on the car and it now has a stock z28 hood that is not in very good condition.

The Nitrous System that is on the car is not even hooked up. Wires have not been run to be hooked up. The bottle is empty.

Mileage: 119,000 miles on body

Motor: 10,000 miles

Transmission: 10,000 miles

Exterior Modifications:
RK Sport SS spoiler
17x9.5 TT2's

Interior Modifications:
Leather

Performance:
Engine

·Professionally rebuilt 355 ci LT1 engine with 10k miles.
·All new rings, bearings, and gaskets.
·Forged 4.030" SpeedPro pistons, 11:1 compression
·Forged GM "Pink" rods
·Stock crank, balanced and polished
·Ported stock heads with 3-angle valve job
·Heads were ported by Elloitts Portworks and flow 254/191@.600
·Comp Cams cam 230/236 duration, .544"/.555", 112lsa
·Competition dual valve springs, Lightweight retainers and machined locks
·Comp Cams 1.6 ProMagnum rockers, "R" lifters, hardened pushrods
·NGK TR55 plugs, Taylor 8mm wires
·Electric water pump
·LT4 timing chain set
·Twin 52mm throttle body
·Ported MAF meter
·1LE intake elbow
·K&N FIPK cold air intake
·Free mods

Exhaust

·1 3/4" ceramic coated Hooker long tube headers
·3" y-pipe
;3"twister

Suspension/Chassis:
·New shocks and struts
·Tubular sub frame connectors

Drivetrain:
Transmission:

TCI 3800 stall
Energy Suspension transmission mount
Large transmission cooler

Rearend:
3:42 Gears

Electronics:
Alpine CDA-7863 CD player
Polk Audio EX Series component 6.5" midrange speakers and tweeters
10" MTX Thunder 6000 in a Thunderform box
Sony 880 watt 5-channel amp
Optima red top battery

Last edited by irbs; 02-13-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by irbs
I am wanting to get into somthing else before i get my license in April. I would like an ls1 car with a 6 speed. Show me what you have to trade!

Are you ******* kidding me??? What in the hell could possibly be wrong with what you got for a 15 year old kit?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

why dont you sell everything you have and buy an LS1
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Are you ******* kidding me??? What in the hell could possibly be wrong with what you got for a 15 year old kit?
Well the car doesnt get the best gas mileage. Its everything i could have ever asked for and thats what my dad got me but this car isnt very practical. Oh and i am 16.

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
why dont you sell everything you have and buy an LS1
I would rather trade but if someone sends me a good offer i wont pass it up.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well the car doesnt get the best gas mileage. Its everything i could have ever asked for and thats what my dad got me but this car isnt very practical. Oh and i am 16.
Sounds to me like your Daddy isn't very smart.

Good luck
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Sounds to me like your Daddy isn't very smart.

Good luck
Sounds to me like you dont know him. Dont make comments like that. My dad knew what he was buying me when he bought it for me. He warned me that the car was not practical.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Friend of mine a few years back had the same set up in his 97 TA, car ran really well, his best trap was around 117MPH. Definitely a lot of car for some one your age. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

**** I'd trade you lol! That's a clean LT1.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Friend of mine a few years back had the same set up in his 97 TA, car ran really well, his best trap was around 117MPH. Definitely a lot of car for some one your age. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Sure is alot of car but i have grown up around fast cars so its not a big deal for me. Thanks man.

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
**** I'd trade you lol! That's a clean LT1.
Thanks man!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Resident

Bump!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

make sure to post this up on craigslist.

post the motor up as a separate craigslist add. i doubt you'll find someone willing to take an lt1 and a 402BBC as a trade. i'd try to get cash for the motor and use the car + cash to get a nice LS1.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
10-Second Club

My advice to you is, KEEP the car & use it now & then for the track or nice weekend cruises & get you a beater for your daily driver. It won't draw as much attention & you probably won't get as many tickets & lose your new license. I'd recommend a mid-late 90's Jeep Cherokee 4x4 will be great in crappy weather year around, and there are some cheap ways to lift it up a bit & put bigger tires on it so you can have on & off road toys . Make sure it's an automatic with the 4.0 I6 motor, they run for 300-500k miles if well maintained. You can find them for $2500-8,000 depending on miles & options. Best to buy from an individual.

You need to 'learn' in something less powerful than an Fbody. Not many young people can honestly say they know how to respect the HP & end up doing dumb **** on public streets & endanger themselves as well as those around them. Just go to some car meets & you'll see all the young punks doing burnouts & ****, ruining the hangout for others.....now this isn't to say that some of the older folks don't do the same dumb ****....it's just way more prevalent in young-ens.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

ill tarde you my ls1 project car, it wont get good gas mileage though, currently in alot of peices, missing suspention and rear and alot of other things.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Modsquad
My advice to you is, KEEP the car & use it now & then for the track or nice weekend cruises & get you a beater for your daily driver. It won't draw as much attention & you probably won't get as many tickets & lose your new license. I'd recommend a mid-late 90's Jeep Cherokee 4x4 will be great in crappy weather year around, and there are some cheap ways to lift it up a bit & put bigger tires on it so you can have on & off road toys . Make sure it's an automatic with the 4.0 I6 motor, they run for 300-500k miles if well maintained. You can find them for $2500-8,000 depending on miles & options. Best to buy from an individual.

You need to 'learn' in something less powerful than an Fbody. Not many young people can honestly say they know how to respect the HP & end up doing dumb **** on public streets & endanger themselves as well as those around them. Just go to some car meets & you'll see all the young punks doing burnouts & ****, ruining the hangout for others.....now this isn't to say that some of the older folks don't do the same dumb ****....it's just way more prevalent in young-ens.
Well to be honest i think i can learn just fine in my car. If i do keep it i will be picking up somthing else to drive. Those jeeps are awesome cars but are kind of shitty. My brother bought one and drove it so he wouldnt put miles on his camaro.

Originally Posted by deadlyz28
ill tarde you my ls1 project car, it wont get good gas mileage though, currently in alot of peices, missing suspention and rear and alot of other things.
PM SENT!
Old 02-07-2008, 05:27 PM
10-Second Club

Those jeeps are awesome cars but are kind of shitty.
Mmmmkkkkkaaayyy.

Just depends on what you are trying to do with it. What do you find shitty about them? Are you one of the new youths coming up with a sense of entitlement thinking he has to have a brand new $35,000 car when he gets his first drivers license? It's not a muscle car, no, but it's a very good mode of transportation that allows you to carry your buddies in a little more comfort than a F-body, you can actually hop curbs if you need to or hit some trails, go to the beach/lake & not have to worry about getting stuck in 2" of sand, you can haul tires or parts for your hot rod, pull a trailer, not worry about flooding or severe weather near as much....etc., etc.

I don't see how parents can allow their kids to have high horsepower cars for their first vehicle, especially when they will be hauling their little school buddies around with them even if they aren't supposed to....just a risky thing to do. I remember when we used to meet up & cruise Beltway 8 on the North Side of Houston & this high school kid wrecked his brand new WS6. The dumb *** tried to make a u-turn to go under the 6 or so lane toll road going about 70 & hit a concrete pillar that's about 5' in diameter. I think it may have still had paper tags on it, if not, the miles were barely in the thousands.

Gotta crawl before you can walk, gotta walk before you can run....
Old 02-07-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Mmmmkkkkkaaayyy.

Just depends on what you are trying to do with it. What do you find shitty about them? Are you one of the new youths coming up with a sense of entitlement thinking he has to have a brand new $35,000 car when he gets his first drivers license? It's not a muscle car, no, but it's a very good mode of transportation that allows you to carry your buddies in a little more comfort than a F-body, you can actually hop curbs if you need to or hit some trails, go to the beach/lake & not have to worry about getting stuck in 2" of sand, you can haul tires or parts for your hot rod, pull a trailer, not worry about flooding or severe weather near as much....etc., etc.

I don't see how parents can allow their kids to have high horsepower cars for their first vehicle, especially when they will be hauling their little school buddies around with them even if they aren't supposed to....just a risky thing to do. I remember when we used to meet up & cruise Beltway 8 on the North Side of Houston & this high school kid wrecked his brand new WS6. The dumb *** tried to make a u-turn to go under the 6 or so lane toll road going about 70 & hit a concrete pillar that's about 5' in diameter. I think it may have still had paper tags on it, if not, the miles were barely in the thousands.

Gotta crawl before you can walk, gotta walk before you can run....
Where did you get that i need a $35000 car to drive around? There are kids at my school with hummers, BMW's and all other kinds of nice cars and i choose to drive a Camaro. My car is a turd compared to some of the cars at my school but its what i wanted? My brother had a 2 ls1 cars by the time he was 17 but its not like my parents just bought him and i hot rod cars cause we wanted them. My dad knows the cars very well. He has friends who own shops bassed around LSX motors. He knew what he was buying and he knows he didnt make a mistake. I have strict rules to keep this car and same for my brother. Sorry my dad worked hard in life so that he could provide his family with nice things.

As for the jeep. Not the most comfortable car in the world. I dont care to carry a bunch of people around so i dont not need a big car. I live in a lake front community so i dont need to take trips in an off road vehicle to get the the lake. I like driving somthing that looks good and the jeep just isnt a very good looking car.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:19 PM
10-Second Club

I like driving somthing that looks good and the jeep just isnt a very good looking car.
First off it's not a car, 2nd how something looks is simply a matter of opinion. If you don't want a Jeep, that's fine, that doesn't make it shitty, lol. My whole point is, if you already put that much work into that Z, why just dump it now after working so hard, keep it, drive it....just not daily. Having a car that's not so nice is actually a lot less stressful. You don't worry as much about door dings or having to park well away from everyone, you can get something that's actually practical for your lifestyle (I like trails & stuff so I like trucks/jeeps).

If you are that set on an LS1, the best thing to do is sell it outright & then shop around & find the LS1 car you want.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

First off it's not a car, 2nd how something looks is simply a matter of opinion. If you don't want a Jeep, that's fine, that doesn't make it shitty, lol. My whole point is, if you already put that much work into that Z, why just dump it now after working so hard, keep it, drive it....just not daily. Having a car that's not so nice is actually a lot less stressful. You don't worry as much about door dings or having to park well away from everyone, you can get something that's actually practical for your lifestyle (I like trails & stuff so I like trucks/jeeps).

If you are that set on an LS1, the best thing to do is sell it outright & then shop around & find the LS1 car you want.
Well price range you told me for jeeps isnt a price range for a nice jeep. If i do get another car it will be somthing that will get my around but i wont mind going out on the weekends in. I just dont want somthing that i dont enjoy driving. I dont enjoy trails and such so an suv or truck is not needed. I know its not a car just using the term car to explain.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Don't do it dude that's a clean *** LT1, it sounds mean as hell too! looks just as good in person i'm sure you won't have any problems finding a taker!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98truebluet/a
Don't do it dude that's a clean *** LT1, it sounds mean as hell too! looks just as good in person i'm sure you won't have any problems finding a taker!
Do i know you?