Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:40 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

monkey97z28, damn dude, I appreciate you pitching so much of your time to post helpful and elaborate information.

Thanks to all others as well for the help. LS1Tech is the shiznit. You can get help with ANYTHING on here. I'm surprised, this was a good turnout.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
It's hard to drink water when I'm not thirsty. I'm trying though. It takes me a whole bottle of Ozarka (16.9 oz) to take the 12 pills.
It has been touched on a little bit but I do not think you realise how significant it is to stay hydrated. Once you are thirsty you have already became dehydrated. You should drink a large amount of liquids first thing in the morning and constantly drink throughout the day.

I find it helpful to keep a water jug or a nalgene bottle near me so it is convenient to drink. If you have trouble drinking water because of the taste then I highly recommend you get some gatorade or gatorade powder and water it down so that you have a little bit of taste to it.

Just think of it as one of your "supplements". Staying hydrated will give you the energy to do more reps and run farther.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Teching In

dragoholic, the gastro side effects, to put it simply, when i take i scoop of super pump i'm cool, lots of energy, great pumps, but when i do 2 scoops or more sometimes i will have the runs. this is why alot people call it "super dump 250". what it does is increases the diameter of your blood vessels (vasodialation spelling?) in your intestines which increase flow causing your bowel open up.

no problem dragoholic, if you have any questions ever just ask!!

justin
Old 02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by connexion2005
Do you intentionally **** with this guy?

no, if you've been following all his workout threads, which I have been doing, you'd want him to stop posting and actually read

EVERYTHING he needed to know was posted on the first page of the FIRST thread he made, it's obvious he is an idiot, and if he had any desire to put effort in to it he'd read about it, instead of asking the SAME questions OVER and OVER

honestly, I don't know how he graduated high school with the brain he has
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 AM
9 Second Club NA

monkey97z28, I guess this applies to the NoExplode I used to take because I was on the John pretty often. Maybe it's because I'm eating more.

2 SLOW, I've had it with your **** dude, seriously. All you ******' do is troll peoples threads. If you're such a badass, then we can settle this like real men, you piece of **** internet warrior. You think you know it all. If you do, then why the hell are you on a forum board? Why the hell do you get in on my threads? I read what's posted, hell...I've went back and read them over and over and over again. New questions occur. New concerns occur. Big ******* deal! I'll be at the track this Sunday, if you're so damn smart and such a big shot, then come and see me. I swear, I don't see why the moderators haven't banned you already. You start way too much **** on here.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by monkey97z28
chupa im sorry if i came off wrong, i was informing, not trying to be an ***
I didn't take it that way. I was just explaining why I'm so aware of my urine color.

-Mike
Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club NA

monkey97z28 or to anyone else that wants to answer this, you say that CE2 is crap, but in another post, you state that creatine etheylester is pretty good stuff. CE2 is creatine etheylester. If you don't recommend CE2, then what brand do you recommend? I know you're more set on kre-aklyn.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I used CellMass instead of CE2 and had really good results with it. It's ethyl ester, and it tastes REALLY good.

A few months ago, I was getting stomach cramps, so I stopped taking both SuperPump and CellMass. I started back on JUST the SuperPump and didn't have any problems. I'm cycled off both right now, but will probably start a 4 week CellMass cycle again next month.

Edit: I went back and re-read some earlier posts and hadn't heard about BSN getting busted for being monohydrate. I'm going to look into this further, but I personally never had a bloating problem with CellMass, which I definitely did with monohydrate.

-Mike

Last edited by chupr0kabra; 02-13-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Yeah, you'll notice that I didn't put specific exercises in my routine. That's because I try not to do the same exercises week after week. For example, on my chest routine, some weeks I'll do bench, others I do dumbbells. It not only helps with muscle growth (for me, YMMV), but it keeps me from getting bored or falling into a rut where I don't get any new growth.

-Mike
Thats what I like to do to, I usually dont change until I notice a decrease in gains. At that point I am fairly confident that I have adapted to whatever particular exercise regime. BTW did I quote one of your post? or you were adding in. I cant remember things anymore. LOL

D-Webz, I do 4 sets of 10 on every workout. I'm struggling on the last few. I add weight every week. It's not much, but at least it's something. So you're saying that I need to switch back and forth from heavy weight with low reps to lighter weight and more reps?

Thats exactly what I am saying, you got it.

Ok, creatine. I've had some recommended that I take it. However, 3 have been mentioned (kre-alykln, monohydrate, and etheylester) Which one is the best and what's the difference?

Thats exactly what I am saying, you got it.

Also the different Creatine supplements are just esterfied version of creatine monohydrate. In the case of Creatine EE it is to make the creatine molecule lipophilic so that it passes through the muscle cell membrane. In the case of creatine MH it has to be transported into the cell through a transport membrane protein. I dont know alot about Kre-alykin so I cant speak on that.

With all that being said if you take creatine monohydrate with a sugary drink it will absorb much better than if you take it with water. Plus Monohydrate is much cheaper.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Dragaholic I use Amped ECN NOS by Metrx. Works really well for me. I work out about 6 times a week and I only need 2 scoops. If you have the time, I would suggest you come to kingwood and talk to the owner of the nutrition depot here. He knows his ****, and can tell you anything you want to know.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Teching In

well ce2 is in a tablet from, which are harder to digest, most of the time you will see them in your poop!!! if you want ethyl ester go with capsule form such as a product by axis labs or powder form, do not get cellmass they got busted for being monohydrate. the company bsn the people that make cellmass is in a big lawsuit because of this, there is actually going to be a 3 to 4 week drought of bsn products with the so called cem3 technology. they had to make whole batches worldwide ordered by a court. i know ryan in the kingwood nutrition depot hes a good guy, ask him about the ctd kre alklyn and the ctd noxavol!! tell him justin from the louetta store sent ya and he will take care of you!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:35 PM
9 Second Club NA

The original CE2, which is the Platinum, is a capsule form. The newer one and I believe just recently released, which is called Hi-Def, is a caplet form. So you're saying it's crap only because the form in comes in? Here's a link to both of them:

http://www.gnc.com/search/index.jsp?...rigkw=ce2&sr=1

IMPORTANT INFO NEEDED:

Off days - Saturday and Sunday are my off days. I just finished my workout for the evening and I'm currently drinking my 100% whey.

Do I still take my multi-vitamin (Animal Pak) and 100% whey on Saturday and Sunday even though I'm not working out? I'll be starting on creatine next week, same question applies to it as well. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 AM
9 Second Club NA

I went ahead and took my multi-vitamin anyway and brought my whey/milk to work just in case someone replies before lunch time.

What I was wanting to know is on my off days, Saturday and Sunday, do I still need take my multi-vitamin and whey protein? I plan on starting creatine on Monday and was wondering the same thing for it. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went ahead and took my multi-vitamin anyway and brought my whey/milk to work just in case someone replies before lunch time.

What I was wanting to know is on my off days, Saturday and Sunday, do I still need take my multi-vitamin and whey protein? I plan on starting creatine on Monday and was wondering the same thing for it. Thanks.

that question if proof you haven't read **** people have told you
Old 02-16-2008, 12:51 PM
9 Second Club NA

I've asked before if I should take NoExplode on my cardio days. I no longer take it. I plan on taking creatine, I haven't taken it. I just started the 100% whey like 2 weeks ago. So no, I haven't asked this question yet.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:48 PM
9 Second Club NA

I found these 2 brands of Kre-Alkalyn at GNC.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family
Old 02-16-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

GNC is to expensive,
Go online to nutrition express or go to a local vitamin world shop. You save all kinds of money that you can use to by parts with.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:31 PM
9 Second Club NA

Oh I know. I only buy there when they have a sale. Then I top it off when my buddy's gold car for even more savings. I usually go to Nutrition Depot off of Nasa. I was just using that site to see what they had.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Teching In

I dont have the time to read all replies, so sorry if I repeat anything.

About me: Iv been around exercise for eight years now and currently pursuing a career in physical therapy.

Now to answer questions: First off your routine, do you not want your back to get bigger? you need to throw in a back day. If you can squeeze out a 7 hour sleep, that would be efficient. Also, your two legs days are too close together. Imo, your hitting arms too hard, currently I have even cut out my arm day, i feel they get enough work in on chest and back days(I may throw in 1 arm exercise at the end of my workout). I recommend trying this split.

M: chest/calves
T: back/abs
W: legs
TR: shoulders/abs
F: arms/calves

I dont know your measurements so I cant help you really on your cardio. Cardio should be done after weights at the end of your workout.

Now for your supp questions: you dont feel the effects of the No-xplode bc you have built up a tolerance to it, the upped dosage of caffeine is what made you wired. cycle any pre-workout supp because they will do this. 2 weeks off when affects diminish. Your CEE is crap... CEE is crap to begin with. get yourself some good quality creatine monohydrate instead, its the only creatine proven over and over again. You take creatine in the morning because it is passive, its not a supplement that you see affects within 30 minutes. Creatine works by making its way through the body into the muscle cells over about a two weeks period. Creatine helps synthesis ATP(enegry) production which allows you to pump out a couple more reps.

Dont shop at GNC. their products are over priced and the people there have no clue what they are talking about, they work off commission and will tell you anything to get you to buy.

supplement recommendations: get you some creatine monohydrate, fish oil, good multi vitamin(animal pak sucks imo), whey protein, and if your having energy trouble after work pick up some caffeine caps. Take 5g of monohydrate once a day every day, use multi and fish oil as directed(off days as well). 30 min before and immediately after your workout, drink 40g of whey protein and 50g of simple carbs(sugars). take a protein shake in between meals on off days to keep protein consumption up, dont add sugars on off days. post your diet and i can help you better.

Im not sure how long you have been working out, when first starting off dont get discouraged if you dont see gains right away. The first 6 weeks or so of working out, you are impoving your ability to fire your muscle fibers. you will get stronger but not bigger during this period. Sleep and diet are just as important as working out! you grow while you sleep, and you wont make your gains if you dont eat right.

Last edited by TamedZ; 02-16-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:59 PM
9 Second Club NA

I called the Nutrition Depot off of Nasa and I'm not sure who I spoke to, but I asked him about creatine, mentioning monohydrate, etheylester, and kre-akalyn, and he recommended Gaspari SizeOn. What do you guys think about that?

http://gasparinutrition.com/products/sizeon/index.php

Quick Reply: Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)