Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iv used it before and liked it, its my favorite post workout. Tastes awesome too
Old 02-17-2008, 09:19 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He said I would drink it during my work out. Like I said above/before, I mentioned to him about monohydrate, etheylester, and kre-alkalyn and he throws gluconate creatine into the mix. He said he would never recommend creatine monhydrate to anyone. I asked him if they came in pills and he said they do, but the powder form is much better. Why is that?
Old 02-18-2008, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Creatine monohydrate has virtually no taste, so buying them in pills or caps is pointless and waste of money(mono poswer is dirt cheap these days). If you got caps you would need to take 6+ of them at a time rather than just scooping a tsp and throwing it in your mouth or protein shake. All ethyl esters taste horrid and would need to be taken in caps. A lot of people dont like monohydrate because they say it bloats them and retains water, then when you stop you loose your weight. this is true. However, body NEEDS water to do work and produce ATP; the more water the better. You may gain 5-10 lbs of water your first couple weeks but an weight after that is gains and will be kept if you discontinue mono; there is no reason you should ever discontinue. Iv been taking it everyday 2 years straight now and I dont feel bloated. I personally dont have any experience taking gluconate individually, but size on seemed to do a great job. I drank mine towards the very end of my exercise and finished immediately after, followed by a protein shake as soon as I got home.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

It's all about absorption. Powdered and capsule forms tend to work better because your body doesn't have to work as hard to get to the active ingredients. Capsule shells dissolve easily in stomach acid, and powdered forms are even more direct. Tablets tend to be better for time-released products, like prescription antibiotics, but they don't work as well for supplements, IMO. You pay a lot for supplements, and you expect results. You want them in your body, not in your stool, which is where a lot of tablets end up.

I've always had bloating issues with monohydrate. Do I get bigger? Yes. But I get better lean mass results with ethylester. I haven't tried kre-alkalyn or gluconate, so it wouldn't be fair for me to comment on those.

Like I said before, supplements' effectiveness are a source of controversy. I'm still of the opinion that there are a lot more placebos out there than there are effective products. Like a lot of things in life, it's mostly mental. If you try to eat healthy and work out hard, you'll get results.

-Mike
Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Default sorry dragaholic, here are your answers

sorry dragaholic, i dont have the internet at home(i hate having another bill) i usually get on the net at work. all ce2 is in what they call caplet form, dont like the stuff as i said, and its way too expensive for what you are getting. as for GNC's (get a ****** cash) so called gold card, i managed GNCs for about 2 years this is how they do it. when its the gold card week they raise the items on sale roughly 20% during this week. when its not gold card week they will lower the prices roughly 20%, its a scam, please do yourself a favor stop shopping there you are not saving any money. GNC pays their employees comission on every gold card sold, they pay about a dollar for each one sold, usually the people at GNC dont know anything about the products just what pays the most comission. muscletech products pay the most, products such as ce2 and no2 pay comission, along with every other brand. GNC corporate has so called sales contests on certain products, such as they have a certain pecentage of sales of gold cards to store sales, multis to store sales, etc. and when you dont meet these goals by corporate your head will be on the chopping block. people are motivated so they wont lose your job, this makes people sell things that really suck, so in the end the customer always walks out having a multi, gold card, and also an oms (one more sale). let me ask you this do they ask you to try a chwable vitamin c or papaya tablet, another one of their things to get you to buy crap. come see me if you are ever on the northside i hve the largest supplement store in the US!! its pimp you will be suprised.

ok to the products you asked about:

gaspari size on: i really like this stuff, its a creatine gluconate, absorbs very well but not as much as kre alklyn. the thing i like about this product is that you have to drink WHILE you workout. its has about 14grams of sugar, but thats good while you workout. during exercise, you use up all of your glycogen (spelling) storage in your muscles, what this is basically carbohydrates that your body uses for energy. the sugar does help the creatine gluconate to absorb better but its used during exercise not post exercise unlike that kool aid **** cell tech. i use this stuff and i will put good size for only being creatine.

kre alklyn: all of its the exact same, there is a patent on it that people have to buy it to produce it, if you want the kre alklyn go with CTD, its the best value out there. again you can get it at nutrition depot

animal pak: this stuff has been around for years, lots of old school guys like this bc this is all they know. alot times people have these come out in your poop as poop pellets, they are hard to digest for some people as they are for me. go to nutrition depot and get a multi called MORE THAN A MULTIPLE BY american health. its a whole food based vitamin out a green food concentrate, you take 3 in the morning everyday and that is it. animal pak you take 2 packets a day and thats a total of 22 pills for your multi, never take more than 3 pills in your multi, there are alot of fillers in animal pak.

protein: to gain and maintain lean muscle mass you need to eat 1 gram of protein for every pound of weight you weigh. for example, i way 225lbs so that means i will eat 225grams of protein through out the whole day. get half of your protein through supplements and the other half through real food such as beef, chicken, fish, etc. eat six meals a day. whey protein is absorbed very fast in the body and is ideal for a post workout shake. i like to drink a multi source protein because there are other proteins that have a slower release. for example casein is a slow digesting protein, egg is slower, calcium casinate is slower. pro complex by optimum nutrition is a really bad *** protein buts it a little pricey, also 12hr elite by dymatize is the one i like bc of the value, its almost just like pro complex. this one is good for any part of the day morning noon or nighttime.

well i hope this helped you, you should just come to the northside when you have time so i can tell you more about this stuff. anymore questions just ask
Old 02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
9 Second Club NA

I called again asking for Thomas and he stepped out. I called again and he ended up taking the rest of the day off. I wanted to purchase something today, but I can't make a decision. I have so many people telling me different things. Monohydrate, Kre-Alkalyn, gluconate, etheylester, etc. I'd much rather take a capsule or soft gel, because if I take ANOTHER drink, I'm going to be stuffed, making it hard to drink my post-workout protein drink. I hate when there's so much different stuff to choose from. Here's what I found:

http://bodybuilding.com/store/kre.html

http://bodybuilding.com/store/cee.html

http://bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html

http://www.gnc.com/search/index.jsp?...e-Alkalyn&sr=1
Old 02-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Teching In

monohydrate can be taken with your protein shake(no taste, i just throw it in my mouth and wash down with water), doesnt matter what time of day you take it... again its a passive supplement. really it just depends on works best for you, everyone is different. monohydrate works great for some people, the newer "advanced" creatines may work for those who dont. Id recommend starting with one and go down the line till you find one you like.

what are your goals for working out? hows your diet?

bodybuilding proportions: 30% exercise, 30% diet, 30% sleep, 10% supplements(-roids/hormones)
Old 02-18-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The best advice I can give you is to stop worrying so much about all the supplements, and stick with working out hard. As long as your working out hard 3-4 times a week, eating clean (no fast food, sodas, or a bunch of alcohol) and taking a decent whey and multi daily you will see great results. IMHO, your putting way too much thought into supplements. Have you seen those guys that get really ripped and huge in prison, do you think they have access to a GNC? Do you think they are debating creatines with their cell mates? The 3 most important things are the workout, diet (non supplements), and rest.

Any questions?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
The best advice I can give you is to stop worrying so much about all the supplements, and stick with working out hard. As long as your working out hard 3-4 times a week, eating clean (no fast food, sodas, or a bunch of alcohol) and taking a decent whey and multi daily you will see great results. IMHO, your putting way too much thought into supplements. Have you seen those guys that get really ripped and huge in prison, do you think they have access to a GNC? Do you think they are debating creatines with their cell mates? The 3 most important things are the workout, diet (non supplements), and rest.
Any questions?

this is the third thread he's made about it also

freakin dumbass dude
Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I called again asking for Thomas and he stepped out. I called again and he ended up taking the rest of the day off. I wanted to purchase something today, but I can't make a decision. I have so many people telling me different things. Monohydrate, Kre-Alkalyn, gluconate, etheylester, etc. I'd much rather take a capsule or soft gel, because if I take ANOTHER drink, I'm going to be stuffed, making it hard to drink my post-workout protein drink. I hate when there's so much different stuff to choose from. Here's what I found:

http://bodybuilding.com/store/kre.html

http://bodybuilding.com/store/cee.html

http://bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html

http://www.gnc.com/search/index.jsp?...e-Alkalyn&sr=1
Call ryan at the nutrition depot on northpark in kingwood.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Any questions?
Amen, good clean diet and challenging workouts.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Teching In

take my advice go with the ctd kre alkyln at nutrition depot, the best value around for 34.99, it will last for about almost 2 months roughly. call thomas today or go down there, i know he will be there today, but if hes not let me know and i will get ahold of him for you.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:03 PM
9 Second Club NA

I called again today for Thomas and he's a dick. Didn't seem helpful at all. I explained to him what my goals were, what I was taking now, what kind of routine I had, etc., and he was always busy and had to let me go. I called 2 other locations out of the phone book and I got instant help. Oddly, they were telling me the same thing you were. Does all Nutrition Depots promote/recommend/push the same products?

CTD Kre-Alkalyn
Gaspari SizeOn
Old 02-19-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

See post #68
Old 02-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Banned

See post #68
What do you know about working out small fry?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Teching In

go to a bodybuilding forum and do some research, dont believe everything you read on them though... usually you can tell who knows that they're talking about, and who doesnt. I use a smaller forum called Nicemuscle and the guy with the tag maxpower15 knows his stuff, i got a lot of respect for him.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Teching In

go to the store and talk to him, or come and see me, one f -body guy to another, i'll set you straight on the products you need.:ba ng:
Old 02-19-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
What do you know about working out small fry?
Not much...but I like pimpin hoes just for fun
Old 02-19-2008, 05:51 PM
9 Second Club NA

http://www.ctdlabs.com/pd_ctd_labs_k...n_creatine.cfm
Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 AM
9 Second Club NA

I ended up buying the CTD Kre-Alkalyn. I'm going to try it out and see how it works for me. If it doesn't, then I'll try something else. One thing that caught my attention was the price. How is it that for a bottle of 240 capsules it's only $30-$35, but for a bottle of EFX it's $40-$50 for only 120 capsules.

Quick Reply: Workout Junkies: Part III (Final Chapter)