Local MMA fighter injured

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local MMA fighter injured

I thought I'd pass this on. Some of you may be students or know him. I myself am a former student. Regardless, here is the information.

Hello Bushi Ban Family,
As most of you know by now one of our own is in need of our prayers and assistance. Jesse Vasquez, Bushi Ban Fighter and School Owner , was injured last Saturday night while fighting in the World Combat League in Tulsa, Oklahoma. While not showing signs of any injury during the fights, Jesse became unresponsive shortly after and was rushed to St. John's Hospital. Due to quick work by the EMT's and excellent Medical staff Jesse has a great chance of recovery. He underwent 6 hours of surgery to allow for swelling of his brain. As early as 9am the following morning(Sunday) he was responsive to his nurse's request as to weather or not he was in pain and gave a thumbs up. Due to concern for the type of surgery that was performed, and his need to be still, the medical staff has placed Jesse in an induced coma and the next few days are critical. The World Combat League is taking good care of Jesse and plan to pay all medical expense's but there will be considerable expenses for the family and during the recovery period.
Jesse's Bushi Ban family has come together to help. There is a bank account set up at Bank of America for all donations, just go to any Bank Of America and make a donation to "The Jesse Vasquez Contribution Fund", you can also make your donation at any Bushi Ban location.
There will be a Benefit BBQ sale at Bushi Ban World Headquarters, located at 7770 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, to raise funds on March 7th and 8th. Attached you will find a flyer which describes the items we will have to offer and an order form. We ask that you submit your orders to your home school and that all schools fax them to World Headquarters ASAP. All orders are to be paid for as they are submitted. We need all orders placed as soon as possible but no later than March 5th. We will make deliveries to each Bushi Ban school and to all locations in the Pasadena, Deer Park and LaPorte area, that order 6 or more lunches, on Friday March 7th and Saturday March 8th between 11am and 1 pm. For those of you close to the Pasadena location you will be able to pick up your individual orders at the same time on Friday March 7th and Saturday March 8th between 11am and 1 pm.
We need the help of everyone on this one, please do what you can no amount is too small, keep the prayers flowing, Master Zulfi.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:03 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn, hope he makes a full recovery, MMA is like any other sport, you have the chance of something bad happening.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

dam that sucks...
Old 02-26-2008, 11:14 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

I train in MMA. I hope he recovers shortly. He is in my familys prayers
Old 02-26-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

is this the Jesse Vasquez that has 2 kids? Tall mexican guy with a shaved head? If so, I used to work with that guy few years back! Sucks to hear about his injury/ies.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

I use to go to Bushi Ban and trained with Master Zulfi.... That is horrible to hear. My prayers are with him and his family.
God Bless..!

J.R.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

I wish his family and him the best. Dangerous sport but you do what you love.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Bump for a good cause.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Teching In

I’m very sorry to hear about Jesse’s injuries, I’ll hope and pray that he makes a full recovery.
-thomas

Quick Reply: Local MMA fighter injured