Whats it take to get arrested????

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly D you have less of a chance of going to jail for killing a thief than you do for beating one up a little.

Also, great points Mr Ty. Those are some subjects that without a doubt need to be talked about on a higher level.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by _Zac
Sadly D you have less of a chance of going to jail for killing a thief than you do for beating one up a little.

Also, great points Mr Ty. Those are some subjects that without a doubt need to be talked about on a higher level.
I'm black, I can go to jail for anything, lol.

If I called up the cops for someone breaking into my house when they get there, I'm going to jail because they're gona think I was the robber.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Meh, all races have a people who **** up, I was just poking fun at things really.

Back on top:
This kinda thing is a big issue with larger departments sadly. Most smaller agencies (jersey village for example) would have taken them to jail no questions asked. While I don't think stolen property is worth anyones life, I do believe it justifies a good *** beating.

I agree with that statement for the most part, but small departments can **** up big time to. RPD here recently shot and killed a NAKED MAN that was fighting officers! How the hell can they justify that shooting??
Old 05-26-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
I agree with that statement for the most part, but small departments can **** up big time to. RPD here recently shot and killed a NAKED MAN that was fighting officers! How the hell can they justify that shooting??
Um, the guy was fighting officers? The cops could have feared for their life and fired. That is justifiable assuming he was potentially posing a threat to the officer's well being.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Um, the guy was fighting officers? The cops could have feared for their life and fired. That is justifiable assuming he was potentially posing a threat to the officer's well being.

I understand the continuum of force fully. The naked suspect could have been taken down by non-lethal means, taser, pepper spray, baton or just a good old fashion *** whooping. If he really did grab an officer's baton then they are legally justified, but I am not really buying that version. The problem with some of the smaller departments around here is training, and that is glaringly apparent in this situation. RPD overall is a good department with good officers, however they really need to consider starting their own academy instead of using 3rd parties to train officers.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

I understand the continuum of force fully. The naked suspect could have been taken down by non-lethal means, taser, pepper spray, baton or just a good old fashion *** whooping. If he really did grab an officer's baton then they are legally justified, but I am not really buying that version. The problem with some of the smaller departments around here is training, and that is glaringly apparent in this situation. RPD overall is a good department with good officers, however they really need to consider starting their own academy instead of using 3rd parties to train officers.
Amen to that. Both Schertz and Cibolo cops all need to be trained. Buncha dicks
Old 05-27-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Pimp

HPD doesn't have dash cams, therefore the beat downs will ensue.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _Zac
HPD doesn't have dash cams, therefore the beat downs will ensue.
WTF? Even the small-town hick cops here have dash cams
Old 05-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Launching!

cops always have a reason to fear for their lives, really. there's no telling what kind of harm that guy might have inflicted if he was jacked up on drugs, hiding a razor blade. even worse, a big fear is the guy could have had HIV and if he was bleeding and drew blood on one of them, could have infected them. i really sympathize with the police on that level, in that their job is really life threatening almost on a daily basis, and there's a large fear of the unknown. but on the flip side, there are a bunch of scumbag lowlife cops out there too. it's a messed up world
Old 05-27-2008, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

I work at a hospital, straight up i see illegals on a daily basis, treat them and then they leave the hospital to go wherever. Not all illegals are bad people however if your willing to break the law to get here and then in turn it is very hard to get a legitimate job. this already tells you something about this person, they dont care about the laws because they broke them to get here. I dont believe that race defines who a person is at all and i have friends of many different races. Its the actions and if youve already broken the law once youll most likely do it again. I dont see how how you can try and defend illegal immigrants, why dont you research the percentage of crimes in different areas compared to ethnic diversity, youll find some interesting info. Also look up the percentage of people incarcerated by race. Now Some cops are lazy, when a patient that has obviously overdosed on drugs comes to the ER the cops tell the nurses to wait until they leave to search the patient...why you ask? because if any substances or illegal objects are present the cop doesnt want to do the paperwork on this, this is a small matter but it can be reflected in the ops problem...sad facts of life

Last edited by dshag; 05-27-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

ya nice to do a quick citizens arrest while the cops come, hold em down, put a STOP to any resistence.. assist with couple marks on your body so get a nice assault charge in there as well..
Old 05-28-2008, 02:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
I haven't seen anyone post it yet so I have to ask. Were the thiefs illegal immigrants by any chance? If so there's your answer as to why they didn't do anything ....
Originally Posted by SEXICAN
**** YOU! your stupid, statistically speaking thats a crime that would have been committed by a black or white group before a minority or imigrant group.
The 3 last break-ins or robberies in my neiborhood were committed buy a group of white kids and a black man.
hold on dude before you try to defend him or be just as stupid, if your in texas whats the number one ILLEGAL IMAGRANT group in the news? HISPANICS! so obviously thats what he was trying to get at.OR mabey he ment a group of illigal Kenyans and if it wasn't in the news none of you racist morons would think to blame a illegal group. You people are so quick to setup barriers to make yourselves feel better. If race or legal status was thought to be an issue it probably would have been stated in the original post. regadless F U 2
take a chill pill? are you kidding? wait till your group or something your apart of starts to get attacked. To most black people all whites are racsist.Thats not fair at all. ALL people just wanna point fingers. When katrina happened everybody blamed black people, because it was in the news now it's imagration wait in another year everyone else will find another band wagon to jump on.
yes....said chill pill does need to be taken.

if you go back and read BHB's original post, there's nothing racist in it at all. yes, he was referring to illegal Mexicans in his post....that much is blatantly obvious because it is in south Texas, where (as you stated already) most illegal immigrants are Mexicans. however, what i got out of that statement was that he was referring to ILLEGAL Mexicans, not ALL Mexicans. i dare you to find one ounce of evidence in his post that he was being racist toward every Mexican ever born.

in fact, i think you were being more racist towards Mexicans than he was, the way you were lumping the two into a single group of people the way you did. i know you didn't mean it that way, but that's the way it came across to me....so the opposite can be just as true, in regards to the way you (MIS)interpreted his statement. if anything, his only error was not clarifying what he meant by his statement so over-sensitive whiners wouldn't get all butt-hurt over it.

i'm just as against racism as anyone else, it's an ignorant, shitty thing to be, and i try to discourage it every time i see it happening in my daily life. i have friends & family that are from all different races, and we all get along just fine. but seriously, you're going a bit overboard with this. as a matter of fact, looking over the 3rd post of yours that i quoted, you're acting pretty racist again by saying "To most black people all whites are racsist". how hypocritical can you be, condemning someone for something (even though they're not even guilty of it), then doing the same thing yourself?

i'm not saying that racists don't exist, even on this site, and i'll be right there with you condemning the ones that are legitimately being racist....unfortunately, racism is alive and doing very well......but BHB was not being one of them. he was simply referring to the policies that some police agencies have about releasing illegals (yes, that's ILLEGAL MEXICANS, NOT ALL MEXICANS, to spell it out for you) for crimes that they would take someone else to jail for without thinking twice, as several other people also mentioned later in the thread.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ good post.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:15 AM
10-Second Club

I'm not a racist, I hate every ******* body (at least until they prove they aren't a **** for brains)! Oh, and if you don't want people to treat you in a racist way, don't live up to your races stereotypes. If you come up talking all in slang sounding uneducated don't be surprised when people treat you like a moron.

So, if you walk up in a cowboy hat and a rebel flag shirt that says something like "The South Will Rise Again" I'll probably treat you like trailer trash.

If you walk up wearing FUBU or some Africa looking clothes (and you have never been to Africa) & you are speaking ebonics thru your nasty grill, then you can bet I'll probably treat you like a crack dealer or thug knuckle head.

If you come up wearing your La Raza (talk about ******* racict!) shirt and acting like you can't speak English even though I just heard you talking to someone else in English, I'll probably treat you like you just swam over.

Sometimes people are just dumb asses, so treating them in a certain way isn't racist, but just a reaction to their dumb *** behavior. If you don't want people to treat you a certain way, don't act in a certain way.

About the illegals. The problem with Mexico is there isn't much respect for the law, there's corruption everywhere. Not saying there isn't some here, but there it's rampant. The U.S. is a country of laws, if you come here illegally, you don't respect our laws, why the **** should we respect those that don't respect us? That goes for ANY damn illegals, Canadians too! **** hockey & Molson! lol.