Kimbo Slice, To Fight this Saturday?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kimbo Slice, To Fight this Saturday?

"Kimbo Slice, who will appear this weekend as the featured fighter in mixed martial arts' debut on network prime time, "EliteXC Saturday Night Fights."

Kimbo Slice looks for another KO on the debut of 'Saturday Night Fights,' live on CBS at 9 p.m. ET. Also, Gina Carano battles Kaitlin Young and Robbie Lawler defends his middleweight title."

Anybody gonna watch?... I still continue to say Kimbo is over hyped but w/e.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Until he really fights a good person, this is all bullshit. The guys in UFC are freaking badass fighters. He needs to step up and fight someone really good so it will answer all the questions. Good luck to him!!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by beardWS6
Until he really fights a good person, this is all bullshit. The guys in UFC are freaking badass fighters. He needs to step up and fight someone really good so it will answer all the questions. Good luck to him!!
i agree!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

3rd agreement about fighting a good fighter.
if he was fighting in UFC/Pride, then we would see what he can do, or cant do.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not a fan of him, but you don't want to throw him straight to the wolves. Plus as long as he is winning someone is getting paid.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned

Location: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living

haha ,

He does not even have the experience and training like the big time UFC guys.
He is not dumb. And neither is his signing agent. Dana white would have Slice destroyed.

Its called a good career move.

Zach at LSM
Old 05-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Default good matchup?

kimbo versus lesnar?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

but kimbo is training with bas rutton and he has nothing but good things to say about him. i think the only problem is his age and trying to learn the other aspects of the game other than just brawling. i think the first time he fights a good jitsu guy he will be tapped just like brock lesner.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Kimbo has a lot of hype but he has also been working his *** off to learn every aspect of MMA. You can't question his stand up game and you can't teach the strength he already has.

He is going to be a beast in a year or so once he gets some more fights under his belt.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a heck of a career move! Even though he's been in a ton of 'fights', nothing of his caliber. BUT, he doesn't have to worry about being destroyed this way and is still making it on prime time TV for saturday night, so he's still getting publicized heavily. He's a strong guy thats been training really hard, he'll be even more beastly in a year or 2 and be ready for the UFC. I just hope he doesn't get a big head and jump in there when hes not ready..that'd be a shame.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still say get Brock Lesnar some training and I would like to see Brock Vs Kimbo...brawler vs brawler
Old 05-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Kimbo has been training his *** for for all of his fights. He goes in and is relaxed and is ready for a fight no matter where it goes. He still needs to prove his skills in the ring, but I think he has lots of potential. His next fight is with James Thompson, who destroyed an old (yet capable)Don Fry, we'll see what happens.

#mma-tv dumdumdum!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Theres gonna be someone who will eventually knock kimbo out but with some more mixed martial arts training kimbo can be one of the top guys around.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:26 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Brock Lesnar would **** Kimbo up in a bad way. they are not in the same weight class and Brock would over power him like he wasnt ****.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

overall I just want to see what happens. He can be good, so that he sticks to the training and doesnt back off of it. I do like some of his street fights

Great watching. LOL
Old 05-30-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm really excited about it - that and WEC is the next day. James thompson is a big, big dude slice is going against - but his chin is held by toothpicks. He always gets ko'ed.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Kimbo is just Hype! these promoters are going to make as much money off of him as they can before he has to fight a "legit" fighter! in the end it's all business people! Kimbo WILL NOT be in the TOP of any fighting style except those backyard misfits fight on the internet! remember they fight between him and Ray mercer? where was all that "this is how a ***** eat" jestures with his fist? no he learned how to tackle and didn't want no part of old *** has been Mercer in a stand up fight! they shouldn't have even paid him nothing for that crap!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
Kimbo is just Hype! these promoters are going to make as much money off of him as they can before he has to fight a "legit" fighter! in the end it's all business people! Kimbo WILL NOT be in the TOP of any fighting style except those backyard misfits fight on the internet! remember they fight between him and Ray mercer? where was all that "this is how a ***** eat" jestures with his fist? no he learned how to tackle and didn't want no part of old *** has been Mercer in a stand up fight! they shouldn't have even paid him nothing for that crap!
ya bro, you can probably beat up Kimbo no problem
Old 05-30-2008, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Brock Lesnar would **** Kimbo up in a bad way. they are not in the same weight class and Brock would over power him like he wasnt ****.
what weight class do you think brock is in. last time i checked the were both heavywieghts.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
brock is fn' big, but he cant move as well as kimbo and kimbo is fn' slow
im just waiting for brock to square up in a 3 point stance