In a desperate situation

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008 | 02:45 PM
Launching!

Default In a desperate situation

Im in a spot that only true car guys would understand. Over the past year Ive had 3 back surgeries, my last one being only last Tuesday the 8th. In this year Ive lost everything I have, including my son, the 2 cars in my signature, my house, and all my belongings along with my credit. It so happens that my ex still has my 69 Firebird in her possesion. I just found out yesterday because the repo guy was at my dads door looking for it because she hasnt made a payment since we split last May. I have a chance to get this car back for about $5300, with no motor or tranny. My problem is I dont return back to work for about 2 more months. Does anyone know anybody that would finance this for me? I could put that title, along with the title to a 2001 Crown Vic Police Interceptor with it as collateral and have the loan paid back + interest in 6 months or less. This is the last thing I have to take any kind of pride in and only true auto enthusiasts such as ourselves here understand that this is not "just a car." A person with a true automotive soul understands that without a vehicle to truly be proud of that hes not complete. Im tired of hearing, "Its just a car", because to people like us, its not.
Old 07-16-2008 | 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand the situation, however what you are asking for is a long shot and NOTHING in life lasts forever.
Old 07-16-2008 | 02:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
I understand the situation, however what you are asking for is a long shot and NOTHING in life lasts forever.
It is a long shot, and nothing lasts forever, your right, but whats wrong with trying everything in your power to hold on to the things you love?
Old 07-16-2008 | 02:56 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your situation, but get back to the real world...it IS just a car, seems like there are more pressing matters that you should deal with.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:03 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm sorry to hear about your situation man. Wish I knew of a way to help. And maybe to some it is "just a car", but I understand you wanting it back. I think it'll give you a sense of comfort.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Sorry to hear about your situation, but get back to the real world...it IS just a car, seems like there are more pressing matters that you should deal with.
wow, you sound like my mom. I didnt ask for your opinion in this matter, I asked for help, so if you cant help, I dont want your opinion. I tell you what, after youve had everything ripped away from you and had your spine fused together, then have a chance to get one thing back that you may have a slim chance to get back, then you contact me and well discuss how it feels, otherwise, your just a whisper in the crowd of people that dont know what its like.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:10 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I'm sorry to hear about your situation man. Wish I knew of a way to help. And maybe to some it is "just a car", but I understand you wanting it back. I think it'll give you a sense of comfort.
I think you mean a sense of having something important in your life that is just for you. Wish I could help you. Good Luck!
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:17 PM
Launching!

I think i'd be more worried on how to get my son rather than a car. But that's just me. And without a job for 2 months I doubt anyone will want to finance you. Good Luck to ya.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1Last69
It is a long shot, and nothing lasts forever, your right, but whats wrong with trying everything in your power to hold on to the things you love?
What i meant was:

Pain does not last forever

Cars come and go. some are more important than others man, as is this Firebird to you. I understand.

You being on the mend will end soon enough. When that happens, get back on your feet and keep moving forward. If you stumble again, get up and dust yourself off, and keep going.

Dont go down that road of feeling sorry or guilty of what has happened bro, just keep on truckin...

Last edited by AGRV8D; 07-16-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:29 PM
Teching In

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I say go for it and do what you can to try and hold on to that car. You may not be able to take it with you when you die but you can sure enjoy it until then. Good luck to you!! Wish i knew how to help.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:30 PM
Launching!

I HAVE A JOB!!, and have had it for 4 years, and make 60k a year, Im just on a timer because of the timing that the divorce hit, and paying for this surgery last week. I wouldnt be so worried if this couldve waited like 2 more months.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:32 PM
Launching!

and btw, getting my son back will be in the works just as soon as I get back to work...and in my case, the pain will last forever. Thank God for Vicodin and Oxycontin.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oxy is highly addictive, and if the courts know you are taking that it could hurt your custody case. FYI
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:38 PM
On The Tree

sorry to hear that your in this kind of ****-ation i would help but im just a kid that has trouble paying for his own gas

Last edited by camAro242; 07-17-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

and btw, getting my son back will be in the works just as soon as I get back to work...and in my case, the pain will last forever. Thank God for Vicodin and Oxycontin.
i got to work with a patient last week that had chronic lower back pain, he had many previous back surgeries etc.... I was doing an assessment on him and came to find out that he had a morphine reservoir in his abdomen, which is refilled like once every 2-3wks.... the reservoir has a catheter that goes to his lower back and injects morphine every couple of hours....
Old 07-16-2008 | 03:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
i got to work with a patient last week that had chronic lower back pain, he had many previous back surgeries etc.... I was doing an assessment on him and came to find out that he had a morphine reservoir in his abdomen, which is refilled like once every 2-3wks.... the reservoir has a catheter that goes to his lower back and injects morphine every couple of hours....
I think as soon as this fusion takes that Im gonna get off the stuff. Ive been on it for 3 years now and its not gonna be easy, but I can do it. Ill just suck it up. I was military for 9 years, itll be a piece of cake in comparison.
Old 07-16-2008 | 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

good to hear man. I have seen bad things happen to good people over crap like that...

can you just work something out with the ex about the car? she can keep hiding it until you get a little more stable
Old 07-16-2008 | 07:58 PM
Launching!

I HAVE A JOB!!, and have had it for 4 years, and make 60k a year, Im just on a timer because of the timing that the divorce hit, and paying for this surgery last week. I wouldnt be so worried if this couldve waited like 2 more months.
if you make 60K per year, why are you trying to finance $5300???

and just for reference, isn't this supposed to be the username that patws6 is posting under?
Old 07-16-2008 | 08:03 PM
Launching!

Might have it wrong there Randy, might be "Lasttime69" but I could be wrong.
Old 07-16-2008 | 09:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Sorry to hear about your situation and pain. I don't think a car will satisfy that void, and it is obvious that the funds could be put to better use right now. I'm as big of a car nut as they come, and I'd sell 100% of my cars and car related stuff to keep my head above water. I've already done so twice in my life, took a break from car stuff to get more important things taken care of first.

My memories don't cost me anything, and they are more valuable than any material car. I can enjoy them whenever I want.

Keep your head up. Forget the car stuff for a while. Come back stronger and buy something else later when you can.