Texas Inspection Requirements (Funny Story)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Interpret it like this, the orginals were in the y pipe, so as long as they are in the y pipe its ok. They were not part of the exhaust manifold.
They can not be moved downstream, period. Stock location is stock location, I don't see why you don't understand the word. Regardless, you're ignoring the fact that you can not replace them without documenting that they necessitated being replaced, stock location or not.

I love the fact that you guys want to be more highly regarded because you're a state inspector, congratulations, so are the guys at Jiffy Lube that most of you guys say never to take your car to. I don't give a **** that you work at walmart and change oil for a living and can do a state inspection, it doesn't mean you know anything.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
They can not be moved downstream, period. Stock location is stock location, I don't see why you don't understand the word. Regardless, you're ignoring the fact that you can not replace them without documenting that they necessitated being replaced, stock location or not.
Fine you win, go find a place to inspect your cars.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fine you win, go find a place to inspect your cars.
it's not that hard, but laws are laws and some people follow them

we were just trying to help explain the problems that the original poster had
Old 07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
Dude, stfu. you were a state inspector for what, like a month? come by the shop and show me where in the book its says FAIL. You know where the book is.

NOW, like i said in my very first post (the same post I was backing up nsanegto, because the inspectors were being jackasses/idiots). If you are IN A EMMISSIONS COUNTY you WILL get OBDII TESTED. (look at the diagram), IF the SES/engine light is on, it will fail on the basis that its an evap/air... EMISSIONS components in the vehicle are jacked, and that's it. ABS light on? it will still pass, as long as it passes the brake test. I sweat to god i'm looking at the book right meow. I wish i had my camera with me.

I've been looking at the book all morning. If anybody can find IN THE BOOK, and I mean in the INSPECTION BOOK (not ******* gov/fed laws because gov/federal agents dont inspect) where it says that ses/engine light fails, I'll stfu.
right Meow

Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Cam72aro is accurate in all of his statements i know this cause i was a state inspector, And it all goes back to the person inspecting your car some are dicks, some like fast cars and will pass you if your cool with them. And who the hell started saying Long Tubes were illegal, if they are illegal why do they bother putting in egr provisions and y-pipes w/cats to go with the headers, and all you have to tell tem if they ask "Why did you install these aftermarket cats" just say the car bottomed out bent the stock exhaust and broke the catalyst in the converter and you replaced it with a comparable cat. If you look in the slp catalog you'll notice under all there headers some are emissions compliant and some aren't but they tell you which will pass for street and which ones are Off-road(race only).
Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

the place i go has a couple of young guys working there, i hope they never quit one has a cobra one has a WS6
Old 07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=Burninator;9833838]state inspector? yes.

Does that automatically make me right? no.

QUOTE]

I agree. Should i know everything? yes. Do I? not really. does ses fail automatically? no

This is a good thread
Old 07-30-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
it's not that hard, but laws are laws and some people follow them

we were just trying to help explain the problems that the original poster had
The problem is you dont even know the laws and once again you are trolling another thread. Trust me, I KNOW THE LAWS. Nothing you have said in this thread is of any worth to anyone. All you do is take sides and try to stir crap. Who is we? You and the frog in your pocket? Last time I checked nobody likes you or your childish comments. If anyone has any questions about state inspections take it to a pm with me. This is my last post in this thread. I am done with the childish jibber jabber. Peace, Josh
Old 07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

The problem is you dont even know the laws and once again you are trolling another thread. Trust me, I KNOW THE LAWS. Nothing you have said in this thread is of any worth to anyone. All you do is take sides and try to stir crap. Who is we? You and the frog in your pocket? Last time I checked nobody likes you or your childish comments. If anyone has any questions about state inspections take it to a pm with me. This is my last post in this thread. I am done with the childish jibber jabber. Peace, Josh

and who are you?

Where have I been wrong? All I said was the cats weren't in the stock location, somebody else posted proof out of the book backing it up.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW

and who are you?

Where have I been wrong? All I said was the cats weren't in the stock location, somebody else posted proof out of the book backing it up.
Yeah but to him "stock location" can be interpreted any way you want to interpret it. I'm going to run my converters as tips from now on, cause they were "in the exhaust system" stock and they will still be in the stock location as long as they are still in the piping.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah but to him "stock location" can be interpreted any way you want to interpret it. I'm going to run my converters as tips from now on, cause they were "in the exhaust system" stock and they will still be in the stock location as long as they are still in the piping.
He is confusing what is LAW, with what he "allows"......but we are the dumb ones.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Now, you're exaggerating what he's been saying.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

let me see if ive got this, the law says the cats must be in stock location BUT the inspection book doesnt. inspecters know where they are supposed to be but just over look this fact. am i even in the ballpark here?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Now, you're exaggerating what he's been saying.
No. Just pointing out that all of camaro72 arguments are based on "his interpretation".
Old 07-30-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by djjab57
let me see if ive got this, the law says the cats must be in stock location BUT the inspection book doesnt. inspecters know where they are supposed to be but just over look this fact. am i even in the ballpark here?
Yes. Nail meet hammer
Old 07-30-2008, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
Dude, stfu. you were a state inspector for what, like a month? come by the shop and show me where in the book its says FAIL. You know where the book is.
ok Jerry
Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

well my car has True duals, no emissions, SES lights are tuned out which is a plus. lights work another +, cammed, ect. i'm screwed correct?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
well my car has True duals, no emissions, SES lights are tuned out which is a plus. lights work another +, cammed, ect. i'm screwed correct?
just gotta go to the right place
Old 07-30-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, that's what i've heard sence i moved here. the less english they speak the more illigal your car can be.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

ive been an inspector for some time now, and 95% of the inspectors out there will just do a visual check to see if the cats are there if they are there they probably wont question anything,as far as the abs light being on it IS not part of the inspection procedure now the brake light is another thing if the light is on already most likely it either has a leak or just low on fluid [most inspectore will just fill it and notify the customer that it was low! technically it should fail for not having the required amount of fluid in the resevoir[if it is low], me personally wont fail a car for it unless the light comes on during the brake test!! the MIL LIGHT is most defenatly part of the inspection procedure call any dps waiver station and they will confirm it!!there is one in plano and irving!!