User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's very odd. Did you select any categories?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
Search worked fine for me. I tried cam and headers and came up with 10 pages each.
are you talking about the "market place" search, or the normal site search? I just tried the market place search in a bunch of combinations searching for "cam" and came up with nothing. tried "show all threads", "not applicable", and every category in engine and came up with nothing.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:54 PM
IB Staff

Do you mean like this search, using the new Marketplace search for 'camshaft' ?
Click here
Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robb M.
Do you mean like this search, using the new Marketplace search for 'camshaft' ?
Click here
Yes, your link worked perfectly. But then I changed "camshaft" to "heads" and clicked search and nothing came up.

And, just reloaded the page and tried searching "camshaft" and nothing came up. So obviously the search is working for some and not others. Everything was exactly the same as in your link, but nothing came up for me.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:41 AM
IB Staff

hey black00ssFL, again, I am confused.

I did a search just for 'heads' and got lots of results, check it out.
Click here.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
IB Staff

ok, I may have figured out the issue here.

The category dropdown was automatically choosing 'not applicable' if all you did was enter a search term and hit search. (I was manually selecting 'show all threads' when doing my searches above). This was resulting in no results, because there are no posted threads that do not have a category listed.

I have changed it, so that it defaults to 'show all threads' when you first load the page.

Can you guys do some searches for items and see what kind of results you get now?

thanks!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

ok I may be missing something here but how the hell do you get the marketplace search to come back after you hide it? it pops up for like a second then disappears and I couldn't find anyway to get it to come back
Old 06-29-2010, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

The category dropdown was automatically choosing 'not applicable' if all you did was enter a search term and hit search. (I was manually selecting 'show all threads' when doing my searches above). This was resulting in no results, because there are no posted threads that do not have a category listed.

I have changed it, so that it defaults to 'show all threads' when you first load the page.

Can you guys do some searches for items and see what kind of results you get now?

thanks!
It still has 'not applicable' as default for me, and there is no option for 'show all threads'.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by camaroz28383
ok I may be missing something here but how the hell do you get the marketplace search to come back after you hide it? it pops up for like a second then disappears and I couldn't find anyway to get it to come back

Can you delete all of your LS1Tech.com related cookies and see if that solves it. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
It still has 'not applicable' as default for me, and there is no option for 'show all threads'.
How about now?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

Dunno, I just hid the search to see if I could help that guy and now mine's gone too...
Old 06-29-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks!
I agree that's the problem. I just tried a search doing what you said (although it's still not automatically showing "show all threads" like stated) and still came up with nothing. But, I believe that's because it's switching back to "not applicable" on its own when i search. I selected "show all threads" and after I hit search and the page loaded up with no results, the drop down box was back to "not applicable".
Old 06-29-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I found that if you go to the actual LS parts forum, then search this forum, you get the results that you want. If you hit the search button on the main pages, it wont work, at least for me either.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:41 PM
IB Staff

thanks black00ssFL. That is helpful information. It definitely should not change from when you submit the search, and when it returns results. When clicking on a saved search link, it usually returns a page with all the criteria for that particular search already selected.

I am going to have the devs take a look at this, as I feel it might be over my head.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Ok I got the search to come back by deleting the cookies, I sure hope there's something you can do to fix that because it would be ridiculous to have to do that everytime.

The categories are still showing up the same though and I still don't have a 'show all threads' option.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
I agree that's the problem. I just tried a search doing what you said (although it's still not automatically showing "show all threads" like stated) and still came up with nothing. But, I believe that's because it's switching back to "not applicable" on its own when i search. I selected "show all threads" and after I hit search and the page loaded up with no results, the drop down box was back to "not applicable".
I just did this, using a search for 'header'

The category drop down shows as 'not applicable' after the search for me too, but the results seem to be appropriate?

click here.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Ok I got the search to come back by deleting the cookies, I sure hope there's something you can do to fix that because it would be ridiculous to have to do that everytime.

The categories are still showing up the same though and I still don't have a 'show all threads' option.

We are looking into both issues.

No idea why you see one thing, and I see another. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I think there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks everyone for your help and patience the last few days, we will get this right, I am not giving up.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Well thank you for your help. I apologize for giving you so much **** earlier but it's very difficult for me to accept something that has no logic or reasoning behind it.

While I still don't agree with the decision to keep this new version, it would be nice to have it halfass work. Hope we can get it fixed soon.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bballr4567
I found that if you go to the actual LS parts forum, then search this forum, you get the results that you want. If you hit the search button on the main pages, it wont work, at least for me either.
Just tried this and it's still not working for me. I'll try clearing out my cookies.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still nothing. Am I the only one it's still not working for?

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!