User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I know. If the plan was to drive more business to craigslist and ebay, Mission accomplished.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder if this is an ego war? Someone cant admit they failed? Load an old backup from a few months ago when this was changed. I'll deal with old threads and lost posts in order to get some kind of order back. Just admit you failed, change it back, take a loss... and move on. Pretty simple. If you would have done this right away you wouldnt have 2 months worth of info to worry about losing. Another fail.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
I wonder if this is an ego war? Someone cant admit they failed? Load an old backup from a few months ago when this was changed. I'll deal with old threads and lost posts in order to get some kind of order back. Just admit you failed, change it back, take a loss... and move on. Pretty simple. If you would have done this right away you wouldnt have 2 months worth of info to worry about losing. Another fail.
Maybe. I tend to think before this place was sold to IB that the creators cared a little bit more about what everyone on the forum thought. That seems to longer be the case.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:12 PM
IB

Originally Posted by Sharpe
I know I'm still waiting on a reply.
Sorry - we fixed the issue that was causing those links not to be working.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:25 PM
IB

I understand your sentiment, and I think it is fair to say that a number of people feel it has been a backwards step.
By the same token, since we installed it in early January, people are using the classifieds 15% more (no, that wasn't our intention with installing it - but it seems that people seem to be using the classifieds more?)

I have mentioned that we would have difficulty rolling back, yes we could regress the database server (although we would loose all posts on ls1tech since we made the change, not just in the classifieds area), and we would be willing to do other radical things if people universally agreed that it was a poor option. Based on the graph I see below, I really struggle to come to that conclusion.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
and we would be willing to do other radical things if people universally agreed that it was a poor option. Based on the graph I see below, I really struggle to come to that conclusion.
Originally Posted by NSSANE02
THERE SHOULD BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT IN ALL THE SECTIONS SO EVERYONE ON THE BOARD HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE.
Make the poll. I'd be willing to bet it won't match your graph. And more importantly, the poll WILL tell you what WE want. There would be no argument after that.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Classifieds could've had a spike in use also because of the economy. More people want to unload parts, go back to stock and sell their car; same for the other side, they want to hang on to the car, still have the passion...but not the financial resources and will buy used. Please don't ban, but that's my $.02.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

I understand your sentiment, and I think it is fair to say that a number of people feel it has been a backwards step.
By the same token, since we installed it in early January, people are using the classifieds 15% more (no, that wasn't our intention with installing it - but it seems that people seem to be using the classifieds more?)

I have mentioned that we would have difficulty rolling back, yes we could regress the database server (although we would loose all posts on ls1tech since we made the change, not just in the classifieds area), and we would be willing to do other radical things if people universally agreed that it was a poor option. Based on the graph I see below, I really struggle to come to that conclusion.
the classifieds may have 15% more views, but it also has 10000% more complaints. maybe more people are viewing it to see what the fuss is about.

edit: and i really feel that the number of views says very little about anything. do you have a chart for ls1tech visits for that same time period? id bet money ls1tech had at least a 15% increase in visits also.

Last edited by wowsers; 03-31-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

that and now the two sections combined maybe spike the numbers since you now have two groups looking in one section now.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh you have a graph. how nice.

My graph says it's a piece of crap every time I try to search it. Not that I've done that a lot since the change (*hint).
Old 04-04-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Thats because its tax time. No other reason. Retail in general goes way up when people have extra money to spend.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

...15% more because everybody keeps checking to see if you fixed this crap
Old 04-04-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, since you have a graph, then everything must be great and all these complaints are just bullshit then.

I have a pie chart
pie chart & graph = fail

http://aaronspringer.com/wp-content/.../12/graph.jpeg

Last edited by proporio; 04-05-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Your basing your information on visits? Does McDonalds base its sales numbers off of how many people drive by and look look at the place? I check the thing all the time to see if its fixed yet... I DONT USE IT and havnt in months. I'd say most likely you have more visits because people leave and sign back in more often because they are irritated about how it is and waiting for it to get changed back.

Why dont you listen to the people who know? If cars are not your feild you really have no grounds to argue with. Your graph is meaninless.

Last edited by pwrtrip75; 04-19-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i didnt read this whole thread, but have some input...

i like the idea you have with the classifieds. making it more of a marketplace is good and easy to search (showing price, miles, etc.). HOWEVER, i dont like having it all merged into one. LSx cars should be separated like it used to be; same for parts. if there can be a middle ground, thatd be the best answer IMO.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

forgot to mention, id like to see a poll go up so EVERYONE could weigh in. i think it would show different results than your graph.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
i didnt read this whole thread, but have some input...

i like the idea you have with the classifieds. making it more of a marketplace is good and easy to search (showing price, miles, etc.). HOWEVER, i dont like having it all merged into one. LSx cars should be separated like it used to be; same for parts. if there can be a middle ground, thatd be the best answer IMO.

Exactly! Adding all the fancy search features to the existing forums would have been the way to do it, and it might even have been a worthwhile upgrade. Unfortunately that's not what happened, and we ended up with a jumbled pile of ****
Old 04-19-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your basing your information on visits? Does McDonalds base its sales numbers off of how many people drive by and look look at the place? I check the thing all the time to see if its fixed yet... I DONT USE IT and havnt in months. I'd say most likely you have more visits because people leave and sign back in more often because they are irritated about how it is and waiting for it to get changed back.

Why dont you listen to the people who know? If cars are not your feild you really have no grounds to argue with. Your graph is meaninless.
Exactly. It takes many visits to get the same task accomplished. It is being used 15% more because it is inefficient, not because it is popular.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

forgot to mention, id like to see a poll go up so EVERYONE could weigh in. i think it would show different results than your graph.
i mentioned both things previously and was ignored. these people dont seem to give a ****.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There actually was a poll put up, I can't find it now but the result was obviously in a lopsided favor of what each and every one of us hove been telling these guys. It's so obvious they don't care, I guess we just have to accept that fact and act accordingly.

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!