User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm kind of confused as well. Sharpe, did you really just threaten to ban me for expressing my displeasure with this? I'm not threatening anyone, I'm not disrespecting anyone in particular, and I don't think I've said anything that isn't true. I'm not trying to start an argument with you nor do I have a problem with you in particular, but if me (and everyone else here) stating my aggravation with the classifieds is something you can justify banning me for, why not just close this thread? I think it's safe to say at this point that not many of us are going to change our oppinions, and if we're going to be ignored I honestly don't see a reason for this thread to remain open.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Like it or not, it has been explained that there are no plans to return to the old way. This is a 17 page thread full of people "expressing their opinion." We've heard it all. It's done and over.

While Wowsers approached the matter in a mature and intelligent fashion, there are those who are not.

Now, enough with the bad attitude. It'll be vacation time next.

I agree with you on Wowsers aproach, but not with banning people for their opinions. I see the bad attitude coming from some that expressed their opinions in a intelligent way but get ignored. And yes, there are some replys that are uncalled for. The statement that I put in bold says it all. Might as well lock the thread and save yourself the time of explaining.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
Might as well lock the thread and save yourself the time of explaining.
No trouble, but this is going to be my last post of this nature for two reasons: one, because this isn't "Sharpe's Soapbox;" two, I do not like repeating myself in written format; and three, because this is all nothing more than general netiquette anyway.

This thread exists to provide meaningful, insightful feedback about the classifieds section. It is not for heckling and nagging IB Adrian who's working to help the situation.

Conduct yourself in this thread with maturity and respect. Feedback is wanted (hence the 18-page thread). Insults are not.

The bad attitude directed at Adrian is doing nothing to help 'Tech, only discourage his effort for us. He has shown a dedication to LS1Tech that deserves appreciation, not disparagement. I do not appreciate anyone's actions meant to harm LS1Tech in any way. Insulting Adrian does only that.

Saying that Adrian made the change out of greed is an insult, not an opinion about the classifieds.

Saying that Adrian is ignoring people is an insult because he most clearly is not. He has answered that there are no plans to change back to the old classified system. Though whinny complaints may have went unanswered since then, he has replied to meaningful feedback.

Now, NineBall gave a ban warning and I gave one. I had the mod panel open and ss1129's name in the ban box, but I decided to delete posts instead. From now on, in this thread, it's all hammer.

Honestly, thanks for your cooperation -- and I don't mean that in a smart alec, condescending way, either. I really do want what's best for 'Tech, and right now, that means I'm going to defend Adrian. I hope you'll all support that.

Unfortunately, this is all off topic. If anyone has any questions or problems with what I've said, PM me. Don't continue to clog up this thread with "drama" (or, whatever you want to call it). Please leave this thread for classifieds feedback only, not Internet civil rights. I'll be happy to share and discuss thoughts and opinions about the state of LS1Tech with anyone.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol ok. so what other future neat options do we have to look forward to? anything thats in the works that you guys want to change or look forward to modifying?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

IB Adrian,

My question is one that's been posed before multiple times by different people over the course of the last couple months. But, it's one that, to me, doesn't seem to have been fully addressed. Maybe I'm wrong and it has.

Say I click on Vehicle Classifieds, the main link from the home page. There, it lists all the cars for sale, whether it's a '69 Mustang or a '02 Camaro or a '71 Challenger or an '05 Harley Davidson Fat Boy.

That's fine and dandy.

But, then I click on the sub section, LS equipped vehicles. Now, in here, shouldn't there only be LS-equipped vehicles?

But, I see my test page, which I did not select LS-equipped. My test ad says, "LS Engine?: Car has other engine."

So, why is it in there? There are also motorcycles and other vehicles that are not equipped with LSx engines and that are not incorrectly marked as having an LSx engine.

So, I click on Non-LS equipped vehicles sub forum to see if it is full of LTx-equipped vehicles and Mustangs such.

No. Same ads.

So, I click on the first one, a 2002 Z28. The ad says, "LS Engine?: Car has LS engine." The user entered all the fields correctly, so I don't understand why it's in the non-LSx section.

Then, I click on the Vehicles Wanted sub forum. Here, everything I see is a vehicles wanted ad. So, that's all good.

So, my question is, why do we have an LS-equipped section and a non-LS-equipped section if there is no apparent separation?

I know it's an old and repeated question, but like I say, it doesn't yet seem to be fully resolved.

Thanks,

Sharpe
Old 03-11-2010, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Excellent question ^^^ And it too has been beat to death here.

That's exactly the kind of stuff that's pissing most of us off (that and you can't just sift through new oddball stuff) I will admit that this version has the potential to be almost as good as the old version (in different ways) but it's going to take a LOT of work.... And I just don't see all that happening.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:47 PM
IB

IB Adrian,

My question is one that's been posed before multiple times by different people over the course of the last couple months. But, it's one that, to me, doesn't seem to have been fully addressed. Maybe I'm wrong and it has.

Say I click on Vehicle Classifieds, the main link from the home page. There, it lists all the cars for sale, whether it's a '69 Mustang or a '02 Camaro or a '71 Challenger or an '05 Harley Davidson Fat Boy.

That's fine and dandy.

But, then I click on the sub section, LS equipped vehicles. Now, in here, shouldn't there only be LS-equipped vehicles?

But, I see my test page, which I did not select LS-equipped. My test ad says, "LS Engine?: Car has other engine."

So, why is it in there? There are also motorcycles and other vehicles that are not equipped with LSx engines and that are not incorrectly marked as having an LSx engine.

So, I click on Non-LS equipped vehicles sub forum to see if it is full of LTx-equipped vehicles and Mustangs such.

No. Same ads.

So, I click on the first one, a 2002 Z28. The ad says, "LS Engine?: Car has LS engine." The user entered all the fields correctly, so I don't understand why it's in the non-LSx section.

Then, I click on the Vehicles Wanted sub forum. Here, everything I see is a vehicles wanted ad. So, that's all good.

So, my question is, why do we have an LS-equipped section and a non-LS-equipped section if there is no apparent separation?

I know it's an old and repeated question, but like I say, it doesn't yet seem to be fully resolved.

Thanks,

Sharpe
Honestly, I didn't know (and don't know why) it is doing that.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Think we can get it sorted out? It's the one big main complaint that I've heard about the forums, both from users and mods.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

since this is back up i have a question. when im in vehicle classifieds i cant scroll down and up with my arrow keys. every other forum i can do this, and after i click on a thread in vehicle classifieds i can do it again. why is this?

i know it seems like a little thing but i scroll on every website with my arrow keys, so its pretty annoying.

edit: and i know its not just my computer, my brothers does it too.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
the new classifieds sucks
agreed.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

We already have a thread to discuss this:

Updated Classifieds!

...it's changed and always with change will be some bumps in the road.

~ Craig
Ya but there's a difference between a bump in the road and a train wreck..

I know you guys are workin on it but the new setup is like playin where's waldo..lol
Old 03-28-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems like the LS ENGINE PARTS and NON LS ENGINE PARTS sections are the same, but I noticed that there are 4 moderators assigned to these sections? Is this accurate? If so, why hasn't it been straightened out? Why not just get rid of the 2 sub-forums if they're both going to have the same listings?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes can we PLEASE get this **** sorted out. I just sent money via paypal for a master cylinder that ended up being for a GTO. It wasnt described as a GTO MC in the description anywhere. But I just happened to go back and look in the thread and saw in the vehichle it fits is a GTO....so I am going to be out ******* paypal fees because of this...
Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Monthes later and this thing is still F'd up????? WOW!! I took some time off this site.... these guys running this can sure F stuff up. Vehicle classifieds = a joke. Parts classifieds = a joke.

I'd say return it to the old format and all entirely, lose what info you have on here now.... i'd say losing some current ads is a lot better than the demise of the entire site.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

I too have asked about this, and it is the most common question I get asked as well. Here is the best answer I can offer:

There are NO sub forums in the classifieds. They do not exist.

All of the ads are in the same exact data base in the same exact forum (Actually one forum for parts, and one forum for vehicles). The "sub forums" (which everyone keeps referring to them as) are nothing but links (or shortcuts if you will) to a predefined search result.

The query is simply looking for the set parameters that whoever created the "sub forum" link predefined. Those parameters being too basic, or non-specific, lead to the jumbled mess that everyone seems to think is a separate sub forum when they click the link.

Since users cannot go into a forum that does not exist, they are just being sent back into the same forum. Only at that point, they are just viewing messed up search results more or less.

IMO, If everything had been left in the respective forums (LSX, Non-LSX, for both vehicles and parts) then had this new system implemented into each forum separately without combining the data, I think it would be a hit and be much more user friendly.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
IMO, If everything had been left in the respective forums (LSX, Non-LSX, for both vehicles and parts) then had this new system implemented into each forum separately without combining the data, I think it would be a hit and be much more user friendly.
Exactly!!!

So, why can't we make new forums for just that while we leave the current one open but not allow any new threads in it? That way you wouldn't have to delete any current threads, just let them die out. Then eventually you could get rid of the main forum and we would all have what we want
Old 03-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Feedback is wanted
yet completely ignored?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by therealthatguy
yet completely ignored?
I know I'm still waiting on a reply.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just dropped in to say again that the changes to the for sale section SUCKS!!!!

bring back the old way.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

new section sucks.i dont even look there anymore

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!