User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
The new marketplace is not a financial decision.

We (IB) are not able to remove the product, but I will do all I can to help perfect it for your use.

cheers,
robb
What? It's not a final decision, but you're not going to change it back... are you high?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Better yet, why is it exactly that you can't remove it?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Page by page, this thread gets better and better. And yet when we voice valid concerns, as it was so threatened by Nineball himself previously in this thread, they arent even addressed. Jesus, talk about a catch 22.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Teching In

I will do all I can to help perfect it for your use.

cheers,
robb
The perfect model to use.... go to your archives, look at how things were set up BEFORE IB purchased the site, then modify to copy.

FIXED
Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The new marketplace is not a financial decision. It's one that has been well received on every site but LS1.

I am sort of new around here, and to this thread. But I have had success in modifying the product to suit the demands of other communities.

We (IB) are not able to remove the product, but I will do all I can to help perfect it for your use.

cheers,
robb
This is what happens when people that play on Mary Poppins and cat fancy forums tries to modify a car sight. No offense....but you guys havnt a clue how a car forum works. It was perfect before, and now it sucks..... You dont need to be a marketing major to figure out that you guys screwed up. Own up to it and fix it....You can remove it, its easy. I have my own Vbulletin and can add and remove stuff if I want. If you guys would have acted right away you could have backed it up from a prior database backup file, maybe lose a small amount of posts.... but no. You waited till it was an uncontrollable nightmare. As you said... You will "perfect it"..... to me that would be reverting it back to the way it was.....perfect.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
This is what happens when people that play on Mary Poppins and cat fancy forums tries to modify a car sight. No offense....but you guys havnt a clue how a car forum works. It was perfect before, and now it sucks..... You dont need to be a marketing major to figure out that you guys screwed up. Own up to it and fix it....You can remove it, its easy. I have my own Vbulletin and can add and remove stuff if I want. If you guys would have acted right away you could have backed it up from a prior database backup file, maybe lose a small amount of posts.... but no. You waited till it was an uncontrollable nightmare. As you said... You will "perfect it"..... to me that would be reverting it back to the way it was.....perfect.
AMEN!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

The new marketplace is not a financial decision. It's one that has been well received on every site but LS1.

I am sort of new around here, and to this thread. But I have had success in modifying the product to suit the demands of other communities.

cheers,
robb

You said it, every site but LS1Tech.

Success with " other communities " means nothing to members here on LS1Tech because we are not concerned with the " demands of other communities ".

We look forward to our legacy classifieds being reinstated.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:01 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by bearcatt
We look forward to our legacy classifieds being reinstated.
As I've already stated, this is not possible.

So far, I've offered you guys my help to fix it, and all you can do is keep saying to bring the old one back.

If you guys have some constructive criticism, or suggestions to improve the new one, I'm here to help, but I'm not in a position to remove what is there now.

cheers,
robb
Old 05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So far, I've offered you guys my help to fix it, and all you can do is keep saying to bring the old one back.

If you guys have some constructive criticism, or suggestions to improve the new one, I'm here to help, but I'm not in a position to remove what is there now.

cheers,
robb
Ok, then how about for starters make sure the current features in place actually work.

For example, when I click on LS Engine parts at the top of the screen.....nothing happens! It brings up the same parts for any engine. Same goes for when I click on Non-LS engine parts, it brings up everything.

There are more than a few people that listed problems with the marketplace system on the last two pages, I suggest you go back and read them.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

cheers,
robb
And as we have already stated, there is nothing you can do to make this new version as good as the old one. And this thread has tons of constructive criticism so if you really want to help then read it. You guys can say you want to help all you want, but nothing's done about it and it's becoming very clear you guys don't really give a **** what we have to say.

Also you still didn't say why it was not possible.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

cheers,
robb
If you are sincere about trying to make this work then answer my question addressed to you on the previous page without having to make me retype it.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
^^^thanks for that clarification. So what does someone do that has multiple parts? Multiple threads is the only thing that comes to mind, based on what you said.
Definitely multiple threads are now required if we expect the search results and feature to work properly for everyone.

As I said, I am very new around here, no idea as to existing Classified rules, or who moderates those sections and oversees things. I am sincere in my desire to help make this useable for you guys. I appreciate any and all advice, direction and patience you can extend.

I have scanned the thread, and it seemed like most complaints were of poor search results, which in my testing, seems to mainly be due to mis-categorized or not even categorized listings..
Old 05-14-2010, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Dude.... seriously?

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
You still didn't say why it was not possible to change it back
Old 05-14-2010, 12:52 PM
IB Staff

I am not a tech, I do not know the why, I just know what I am told, which is that it's not possible.

I work for IB, however I do not work at IB. I am 6000km away, and only go on the information I receive. I am a community guy, love cars, and enjoy helping people (usually). I noticed an open problem here, and decided to attempt to help on my own accord.

cheers,
robb
Old 05-14-2010, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Well I appreciate your attempt to help, but the best possible solution here would be to go back to the old section. So perhaps you can find someone who can give a straight answer as to why that's not possible.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not a tech, I do not know the why, I just know what I am told, which is that it's not possible.

I work for IB, however I do not work at IB. I am 6000km away, and only go on the information I receive. I am a community guy, love cars, and enjoy helping people (usually). I noticed an open problem here, and decided to attempt to help on my own accord.

cheers,
robb
If you cant change it back, can you make the sections like it was before? I dont even remember exactly.. But LS1 part and then Non-LS1 parts. Actually dont make sections, make actual subforums. The search info on the left is worthless to me... I still use the old standard search. But with everything jammed together it brings up millions of stuff from non-LS1 stuff to even want ads. The wanted section should be in its own subforum. You have A LOT of adds on here, managing them in each subforum looked like a job and a half.... now you put them all in one and WOW! How can that be managed.....theres so many adds that by the time you get done looking through the first page and on to the second, 6 more have already been added to the first page. Break it up, subdevide it like it was.... its confusing and obviously by all the posts complaining here its not liked.

I searched for a headlight assembly for my 99 transam... found one 30 miles away Awsome!!, I got already to go get it and then was on the phone with the guy and he was like "you do know its an LT1 style right?" WTF??? Whether the ad was clear or not... Its too much of everything jammed into one section. You kind of need to be fluent with these cars and stuff to know.... sounds like no one at IB knows. To them a car part is a car part. Is this "LS1" tech or just car parts annonymous?

First of all if you want to help you need to be able to do something. If you cant do anything your wasint cyberspace posting.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:19 PM
IB Staff

While we can't create actual 'physical' sub-forums, we can create search links, and add them as if they are sub-forum links. This is no problem.

It sounds like we need to fix the criteria required to submit a thread first.

Let me take some screenshots of the control panel section, and we can work through it here and I'll do updates as we go to see the effect they have.

The only thing I hope not to change, are the existing categories. Are they sufficient as they are?

cheers,
robb
Old 05-14-2010, 01:30 PM
IB Staff

all options:

Part Fits options:

Engine Type 1st option screen:

Engine type 2nd option screen:

LS Engine (PART) options:

LS Engine (Car) options:
Old 05-14-2010, 01:34 PM
IB Staff

Having done that, and looking at how things are set up, I can see one problem immediately.

It's the Engine Type section causing all the search relevancy issues. If that is changed up, to be a single selection type, as we get new listings the results will improve.
So, that said, what are all the possible Engine Type possibilities?
Well list them all as individual choices which will allow the same functionality, but keep things searchable.

cheers,
robb
Old 05-14-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just an FYI, multiple threads were shunned previously, hence the reason for my question on creating multiple threads. The previous rule was simply this: sell everything in a single thread, if you make multiple threads (even for different parts) they would be deleted. In a nutshell, one for sale thread per person. You cant fill in the search criteria when you have 10 parts for sale. You see what Im saying.

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!