User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions
View Poll Results: Should they change the parts classifieds back to the old format??
Change back to the old format period.
90.40%
Leave new format but separate the LSX stuff from others.
7.73%
The new format is awesome! Leave it alone.
1.87%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Change back the parts classifieds?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
why arnt we getting a responce? they cant even com in and tell us no they wont change it back? i would rather pay a yearly membership fee then have it this way if they got every member to send 1 dollar we wouldnt need these stupid add's etc.....
I'm gonna go with b/c its IB, they are only out to make money. Hence buyin this site from the original owners. Everything they have changed so far has been ****, utter ****! They dont care as long as they can cram as much advertising as possible onto this site to make more money. They dont give 2 ***** about the members on here or they would listen to the people about changes & not just do whatever they want. The people make this site & if they keep pissing them off all the good ones will eventually leave.

If it aint broke dont fix it. Hell everything on here was great except the search function not working sometimes. There was no need for all these gay changes they have been doin lately.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a fan of the new classifieds. Most of the time i only read the classifieds and nothing else on this site.....bye bye crispytoast
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

this new **** sucks
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

dont want to see anymore lt1 stuff i had my fair share back in the day!!!! change please!!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

I vote no more LT1 stuff on this site, period.

j/k

Sorry to see you guys so angry about this. Please realize that Adrian has to monitor about 100 forums, not just LS1Tech. I'll pass the word on to him. All I ask is for a little more professionalism and respect in your replies. It isn't what you say, it is how you say it. Being literate and professional usually does a better job than just cussing and threatening.

Tony
Old 01-19-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks nineball! I'm sorry that I had to send you an email over this but I figured you and others were unaware of the threads. Thank you for your response!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I vote no more LT1 stuff on this site, period.
Son of a...
Old 01-19-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think all we really need to do is make a menu for either lsx stuff vs ltx stuff...
Old 01-19-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I saw yesterday that JasonShort had voted and commented in this thread.

Today both his vote and comment are gone. Mods are like middle managment, no power and only covering their asses. I for-see nothing changing, its all about the buck, not the love. I hope sponsers start pulling out, or threathin to. If I wanted to search rip-off-bay I would go there.

This post will be locked and things will kept the same.

Who's gonna be the sheep dog and lead the sheeple to another fourm? Till then they will continue to proffit from the people who love.

Dirty
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ Man did you not read NineBall's statement 4 posts before you? ??If you don't know he's one of the guys who started this site in the first place.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I did, it was pretty P.C. and didnt take a side. Lackluster at best. Nor did he vote.

Dirty
Old 01-19-2010, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Just got on the classifieds and it is confusing to say the least. My vote it to put it back. Or it looks like other sites will be getting all my viewing which is a shame.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nmcqueen469
I'd like to punch all three of you who voted for the new format. Right in the face.

Right on!!! And i'll kick them in the throat!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hamrdown
^^^ Man did you not read NineBall's statement 4 posts before you? ??If you don't know he's one of the guys who started this site in the first place.
LOL, pretty sure he knows since he has been a member 3yrs longer than yourself there buddy.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Please realize that Adrian has to monitor about 100 forums, not just LS1Tech. I'll pass the word on to him. All I ask is for a little more professionalism and respect in your replies. It isn't what you say, it is how you say it. Being literate and professional usually does a better job than just cussing and threatening.

Tony
Adrian has seen this.... He voted to leave it as is. As for being professional, the results of the vote are enough to go on with out looking at everyones comments, and besides...they are not disrespectful, they are truthful.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
Adrian has seen this.... He voted to leave it as is..
What a douchebag who doesnt care about the function of the site or its members.

Why dont IB just stick to buyin up the shitty import forums & ****** them up instead of messing up a great site.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's pretty simple. ask yourself whats this message board all about? about the ls1 community? about the knowledge? about the cars in general? how to do certain things and reach certain goal? about networking? or about upper management doing things that make it easier for them.

we can talk about professionalism all day long but realistically for ls1tech to provide us this website and not give a **** about the users opinion is unprofessional in it's self. now if you counter that with well it's privately owned and you can leave, i already did for the most part. i rarely use this site now because redundant and lacking information. did me leaving impact the site at all? no thats why i'm still here (was to check classifieds). if everyone made a pact and decide **** tech we're out. i would be gone today with them, been there done that on local boards and it worked great.

anyway, once again classifieds suck now because of lack of organization. check out www.yellowbullet.com if you want to see an organized for sale section. IMO thats how it should be done here since theres way to much traffic to cluster **** everything together.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hamrdown
wow deep throat much?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

~sigh~ I hope I don't have to dust off the ban button. Guess having a mature discussion is too much to ask? Thanks to those who actually had some positive feedback and helpful suggestions. I agree the new format could use some work, but I also don't think it is the end of the world like some of you do.

As for it "being about the money", that cracks me up. If you guys think sponsors WANT a classifieds section, you are wrong. In fact, most of them see classifieds and selling used parts as a direct competitor to their sales. They prefer to sell you NEW parts. So, with that logic, not having a classifieds at all would be the choice if it were "all about the money". Use some common sense, take a big step back and look at the whole picture before making funny comments like that.

Just to repeat my previous reply again, for those who clearly missed the message:

Your comments/criticisms will go a LOT further if you conduct yourselves in a respectful and professional manner. Cussing and threatening people, or calling people names just makes your response exempt from being cared about. IB will certainly review your opinions and thoughts, so you might as well make them valid instead of having your replies tossed to the curb.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rons 00z
wow deep throat much?
You really think that was called for??? I want things back just as much as everybody else but I'm not about to start bashing the mods or the co founder. When I emailed him he was unaware of the situation and now things are being done. What is being done is unknown but atleast we finally got a reply for now. Trust me I have a ton of stuff to sell and buy right now and I just got my income tax return. I really want the old way back and I have money in hand but I'm not going to be rude about. Things will either go back the old way or be changed in a way that we can get around alot easier. They're not going to just leave it like this I'm sure. Just takes patience. Which I am willing to give them since this is my favorite site.

Quick Reply: Change back the parts classifieds?