User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions
View Poll Results: Should they change the parts classifieds back to the old format??
Change back to the old format period.
90.40%
Leave new format but separate the LSX stuff from others.
7.73%
The new format is awesome! Leave it alone.
1.87%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Change back the parts classifieds?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
~sigh~ I hope I don't have to dust off the ban button. Guess having a mature discussion is too much to ask? Thanks to those who actually had some positive feedback and helpful suggestions. I agree the new format could use some work, but I also don't think it is the end of the world like some of you do.

As for it "being about the money", that cracks me up. If you guys think sponsors WANT a classifieds section, you are wrong. In fact, most of them see classifieds and selling used parts as a direct competitor to their sales. They prefer to sell you NEW parts. So, with that logic, not having a classifieds at all would be the choice if it were "all about the money". Use some common sense, take a big step back and look at the whole picture before making funny comments like that.

Just to repeat my previous reply again, for those who clearly missed the message:

Your comments/criticisms will go a LOT further if you conduct yourselves in a respectful and professional manner. Cussing and threatening people, or calling people names just makes your response exempt from being cared about. IB will certainly review your opinions and thoughts, so you might as well make them valid instead of having your replies tossed to the curb.

So if I may ask, you gave control of this board to IB? Or was it sold/bought into ect?

So you are going to ban people for voicing their oppionions? Awesome! Might as well go eddit all the post to make it say we all love the new e-bay link.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

~sigh~ I hope I don't have to dust off the ban button. Guess having a mature discussion is too much to ask? Thanks to those who actually had some positive feedback and helpful suggestions. I agree the new format could use some work, but I also don't think it is the end of the world like some of you do.

As for it "being about the money", that cracks me up. If you guys think sponsors WANT a classifieds section, you are wrong. In fact, most of them see classifieds and selling used parts as a direct competitor to their sales. They prefer to sell you NEW parts. So, with that logic, not having a classifieds at all would be the choice if it were "all about the money". Use some common sense, take a big step back and look at the whole picture before making funny comments like that.

Just to repeat my previous reply again, for those who clearly missed the message:

Your comments/criticisms will go a LOT further if you conduct yourselves in a respectful and professional manner. Cussing and threatening people, or calling people names just makes your response exempt from being cared about. IB will certainly review your opinions and thoughts, so you might as well make them valid instead of having your replies tossed to the curb.
I just flat out honestly have been disappointed with more of the changes IB has made than not man. I have been on here for several years now & spend about 80% of my day on here. I buy parts(new & used), sell parts & try to help others as much as I can, so I consider myself a good contributing member. Some of the changes arent that bad & just take a little getting used to but this recent change to the classifieds section is horrible. Whoever thought makin it like ebaywas a good idea was not thinking clearly. Thats the worst thing that could have happen to that section.

In all honest it was divided up perfectly & finding what you needed was very simple as was tracking threads. Now its a big mess. Change is not always a good thing contrary to popular belief & this is a prime example.

This is my opinion on it all weather it matters or not. Which I'm guessing it dont. But you'd think a site would take stock in their long time members & their opinions or at least I'd hope they would.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I just want to know why this has not been addressed. Nineball brings up a great point that we need to be respectful and not act like rednecks with a pitchfork.

That said....

Internet Brands needs to address this issue in a prompt manner.

I personally feel that the quality of this internet message board has significantly gone downhill. There is nothing wrong in admitting you messed up and going back and fixing it. Facebook did the same thing last year when they changed the complexion of the website without giving users privacy options. They owned up and admitted it.

IB, it is clear that this newest measure displeases the overwhelming majority of the users here. Please hear our concerns and address them appropriately and swiftly.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

we dont need the search bar...it doesnt work well at all anyways...and i dont know why the car search is in the parts classifieds anyways...its truly frustrating enough to put the compute down and walk away....but i guess if its going to be like that then i guess we can usse the classifieds at another site like ls1.com
Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Joshu
I just want to know why this has not been addressed. Nineball brings up a great point that we need to be respectful and not act like rednecks with a pitchfork.

That said....

Internet Brands needs to address this issue in a prompt manner.

I personally feel that the quality of this internet message board has significantly gone downhill. There is nothing wrong in admitting you messed up and going back and fixing it. Facebook did the same thing last year when they changed the complexion of the website without giving users privacy options. They owned up and admitted it.

IB, it is clear that this newest measure displeases the overwhelming majority of the users here. Please hear our concerns and address them appropriately and swiftly.
what he said
Old 01-19-2010, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

looks like they changed it a bit. Heading in the right direction.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Thats great ban away...I guess people cant voice their opinions on here. As for cussing and name calling?? This is the internet would you expect anything less lol? I for one am more pissed that IB Adrian or anyone else that has anything do to with changing the classifieds after 12 days of it being done cant come on here and reply to the many threads and comments of users not happy with it. We as members here make this board what it is,by buying from vendors etc. etc. He was on yesterday,and to tell me he hasnt read or seen the threads or comments is BS. No response to all of this just shows how much IB cares about the members on this board. I would have more respect for IB if they posted that its the way it will be now, deal with it. No response in my opinion shows a lack of respect for its members. Is that asking to much???

Last edited by 1999WHITEFRC; 01-19-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats the biggest crock of ****. so if i want to upgrade from my TSP 231/237 to a TSP texas giant it's in direct competition to TSP and other vendors? even when they get my money twice? or if i go to a G5X3 then what? does TSP get up set because i choose a cam that IMO is better? resale is free marketing especially for these sponsors. so i would hope to hell they would want a classifieds section. i know 10 people that have bought a TSP cam from the FS section and all have great success. so i went and bought a new one because of what someone purchased IN THE CLASSIFIEDS. That my brother is word of mouth marketing and it's ******* amazing and free.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote no more LT1 stuff on this site, period.

j/k

Sorry to see you guys so angry about this. Please realize that Adrian has to monitor about 100 forums, not just LS1Tech. I'll pass the word on to him. All I ask is for a little more professionalism and respect in your replies. It isn't what you say, it is how you say it. Being literate and professional usually does a better job than just cussing and threatening.

Tony
Thanks for chiming in at least Tony..

As for all this..... We do have options...

http://www.planetlsx.com/
ls1.com

That is where I will be going from now on.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

oh well. if it goes in the gutter it goes in the gutter.......

i just bought a lexus anyway..... 2jz turbo . bye ls1.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Nine Ball,
The reason there hasn't been mature discussion is that IB Adrian
has absolutely refused to discuss the changes.
I (like several others) made a "mature" post addressed to him in
the other thread. I received absolutely no response.
If you are unhappy with the lack of mature discussion going on,
maybe you should find out what rock this guy is hiding under & ask
him to reply to the "mature" posts that have been made.

I saw in another post that you said that IB Adrian is really busy.
I'm sure that's true. But I saw that he had the time to vote in
this poll. LOL, he is part of the 1.79% that thinks the new classifieds
don't need to be changed.
IMO, he should have used his time to address the issues instead.

BTW, I appreciate your chiming in. The lack of response by IB Adrian
& the moderators on this issue is somewhat disturbing.
I'm still trying to stay patient in hopes that the new classifieds will
atleast be adjusted so that they are useable again.
Thanks,
Daniel
Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

well not to be rude,,but ""COMMEN SENSE""^^^ is "people" like "me" are not wanting to come to ls1tech.com becuase of the classifields.... um less traffic to this site equels less money...who wants to advertise on a site that no one visits,,.. now do you see the big picture....
Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

and to add to that, is does take time to moderate each forum,,""doenst time equel money?""

so maybe thats why they changed it to the new sloppy one.. to moderate less forums..
im not saying thats why they did,but just a thought..

im no expert,,and im not a moderater..

Last edited by chevellepowered; 01-19-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:10 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshu
You have to intepret the people this site is based around. Stereotypes don't just randomly appear, they are based on common trends. Fbodies are associated with rednecks for a reason.

I can say that part of the reason that I have been visiting this site less recently has been the influx of either uneducated rednecks who couldn't type a properly structured sentence if their life depended on it, teenagers that think they know everything about these cars because they read something (probably from one of the rednecks who can't type), and issues with the classifieds. The classifieds almost bother me less than the rednecks. With them I just don't even bother reading their threads or posts or find myself deciphering hick and retyping their posts so I can read them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by 1999WHITEFRC
Thats great ban away...I guess people cant voice their opinions on here. As for cussing and name calling?? This is the internet would you expect anything less lol? I for one am more pissed that IB Adrian or anyone else that has anything do to with changing the classifieds after 12 days of it being done cant come on here and reply to the many threads and comments of users not happy with it.
The first point I will put into this is that I have been banned before by Tony / Nine Ball. It was from when they introduced google ads to the site. From that I learned that we have little to no say in this and the best response is to deal with it. We wanted the google ads gone and they dissappeared. Are they back already? You figure that one out....

There is a way to get something done and constantly complaining is not the way to do it. Yeah, we all get the point that the classifieds have been destroyed, but like I said before we have little to no say. People want to change it back to the way it was and I agree, but why was it changed in the first place?

Number one is obviously IB trying to make more money through ebay ads. What do you expect? They are a business and that is their job. The second thing I can think of is that they were genuinely trying to improve the site. Did they go about it the correct way? No, obviously not. There are aspects of it that could improve the classified sections. I think the categorizational system to an extent is nice.

Originally Posted by 1999WHITEFRC
We as members here make this board what it is,by buying from vendors etc. etc. He was on yesterday,and to tell me he hasnt read or seen the threads or comments is BS. No response to all of this just shows how much IB cares about the members on this board. I would have more respect for IB if they posted that its the way it will be now, deal with it. No response in my opinion shows a lack of respect for its members. Is that asking to much???
I agree with you to an extent. He did vote to leave it as is which is kind of the same as saying, "Deal with it." I think they should be willing to work with the member base and constructively advance this site, but look at the history of things. Unless they are completely running on four flat tires things will continue to drag along.

Originally Posted by chevellepowered
and to add to that, is does take time to moderate each forum,,""doenst time equel money?""

so maybe thats why they changed it to the new sloppy one.. to moderate less forums..
im not saying thats why they did,but just a thought..

im no expert,,and im not a moderater..
Comment 1, Example A...

Moderators on this site work for free.

I will conclude with that I love this site. It single handedly started the passion that I currently have for Fbodies and LSx engines. I've bought thousands of dollars of parts and multiple vehicles based off of or from this site. I currently consider my buying and selling parts off of this site my second job (which I am currently doing at my primary source of income). Seeing some of the changes have hurt me monetarily and to an extent emotionally, but what do you expect?

Many people may not think of it this way, but this site is a business. What is the main goal of a business? Making money and that is what this change has been about. Whether we like it or not I bet ebay ads are going to be here to stay for the long haul regardless of if this gets changed or not.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

This may be hard for some of you to understand and in my mind it works and I will describe it to the best of my ability:You guys think it is possible we could use the search to our advantage? For example if you have lsx parts for sale, manipulate the catigory it is in to a specific category/description that the users collectivley agree on i.e. new lsx section could be categorized as accessories and all lsx stuff shall have xxx in description for keyword search. Just because you are selling pistons doesn't mean you have to catagorize it in engine category right? If you have a lsx part for sale in a certian region and do not want to ship then put in lsx category (as previously stated) and in the description put texas (or whatever state you are in). I don't know to much about how the search works but I think this might be a way for us users to make it work for us.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 1dirtybird
So if I may ask, you gave control of this board to IB? Or was it sold/bought into ect?

So you are going to ban people for voicing their oppionions? Awesome! Might as well go eddit all the post to make it say we all love the new e-bay link.
IB purchased the site, approx 3 years ago.

We've ALWAYS banned people for acting like idiots, jerks, e-thugs, trolls, a-holes, etc... We do not want people here that cause problems, never have. You are 100% able to voice your opinions here, but the manner that you do so determines your ability to remain here. Why is this so hard to understand?

When you have an opinion, is it that difficult to express it in a civil and professional manner? Or do you feel that calling people names, making threats, and cussing is required? Here is a hint, IB is a huge corporation, not just some average dude at the streetraces. If you want to get a corporation's attention, you should do it professionally and without the "rednecks with pitchforks" method. Funny statement JoshU, by the way

So, don't take the bans as a threat as long as you remain civil here. Feel free to express your opinions! We've always allowed this.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

like calling a member of the site that used to own a sponsored company(actually at that time i think he was still affiliated with the company) a homosexual? is that ok tony? i've been here a long time and i've seen ADMIN of this site act the same way so obviously things are a bit one sided around here.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have read through the comments on this topic and yes some of the comments are.... Err... Passionate to say the least. Some times being civil dose not get the point across. We are, well a majority of us, Americans. In general we're not a peaceful bunch. It's expensive to keep a board this big running, but if you chase away all your clients what good is it?

Instead of an asset to the people of this board, the "For Sale" section has been turned into an advertising outhouse (pc term). Its hard for an individual to weed through all the crap, let alone sell something.

Tony, I'm glad you are posting and have taken notice to all the ruffled feathers. Hopefully a compromise can be had, but I dont see one in all reallity. I see the all mighty doller beating out the wishes of the people.

Eric
Old 01-20-2010, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the for sale thread has yet to be changed, and from the way I see it, it will not get changed back anytime soon since certain people care about money more than anything else...so for now i'll be over at camaroz28, ltxtech, tgo, and njfboa since they have a normal for sale thread.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

change it back. Tried the search and it was a waste of time, not worth the effort. If I want to search epay I have a link for it, that is not why I come here.

Quick Reply: Change back the parts classifieds?