Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

WTB 4th Gen LT/LS...Trade for 79 Camaro + Cash!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB 4th Gen LT/LS...Trade for 79 Camaro + Cash!!!

Year: 1979
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $4299
Mileage: 2147483647
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): GA
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

taken from my craigslist add:

will trade for lt1/ls1 4th Gen camaros (manual tranny preferred), 5.0 mustangs (fox or sn95, must be manual), 4th gen trans ams/firebirds.....Will possibly throw in cash if the deal is right
I have a 1979 Camaro for sale. I have had the car for almost a year now and I am looking to move on. The only trades I would be interested in are v8 4th gen f-bodies or possibly 5spd 5.0 mustangs (fox or sn95). The previous owner (from n. atl) told me that when he bought the car that it had been bored .60 over and had a mild cam package (which you can definitly hear...it has a good lope to it). It has a very nice ignition system, edelbrock intake, holley carb (not sure of the cfm, im really a fuel-inj guy), long tube headers with true duals dumped under the car. The transmission is a th350 that I have never had an issue out of. Car is rust free and structurally is in great condition. However, the interior needs work. All of the gauges and lights work but the seats/carpet are faded and the plastic inside needs refinishing. The car also has a sunroof that was installed by one of the previous owners (does not leak). Unfortunately, it does not have a headliner at this time. The car travels well down the highway even with the th350. The best i can tell the rear gears are around 2.50's. I am willing to work a little on price so dont be afraid to make an offer, the worst i can say is no.

I do have some extra parts that will come with the car:

- new black racing seats (pictured) with brackets and sliders
- 3.73 gears with spacer
- brand new pioneer head unit
- brand new pioneer front speakers (rear deck has pioneer 6x9, i do not know if they work)
- brand new pre-cut carpet (charcoal color)

Last edited by BeefTip; 03-09-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ttttt
Old 02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

I am the last owner. Let me help ya out with some of the little details. The rearend is out of a 1977 Trans am, True posi rear with 2:73 gears. The carb if I remember correctly is a 650 Double pump. The headers on the car I put on a few weeks before you bought it so they are still pretty new. The sunroof was put in by the orig. Owner. I bought the car from the orig. owners son who lost intrest and wanted to build a charger like his father's. it has 993 GM Cast heads that are shaved ported and polished, RPM Performer intake, motor was built by Steve Savage, out by Lake Allatoona. Transmission is a turbo 350, built by Clays Custom Cars in winder. The car was painted in November 2007

If I can remember any more Ill let you know.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Also the sun roof was put in about 4 weeks before you bought the car.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

sorry to post again. for some reason I can't edit It asks for make and model like I posted the add. I wanted to add that the outer door handles and some weather striping was replaced also at this time
Old 02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for filling in the details. Im not 100% on letting it go just yet. It has been a great car...almost been i year now that i think about it. how is that S10 running now?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BeefTip
thanks for filling in the details. Im not 100% on letting it go just yet. It has been a great car...almost been i year now that i think about it. how is that S10 running now?
S10 doing good. Got camaro wheels on it now. Some other minor things. Gonna be getting a cam and heads this summer most likey and the Z28 is getting a procharger.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTT...come on guys...I really want a M6 Camaro...will trade plus cash
Old 03-09-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttttt
Old 04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm, I'm kinda close to you and I like what you've got. I've got a 95 z28 that is in pretty good shape considering how these cars get ragged. The motor is bone stock, less than 150k, performabuilt level2 trans with 2800 rpm 9" stall and (ick) 2.73's. She would run a lot better with 3.73's. It's got one hell of an audio system in it as I'm an MECP, and I'd not be willing to part with the rare stuff in that system for anything less than $8k. Or I could tear the system out and ask 5.5k for it. The bad is that it It needs a new a/c compressor, a new driver's side window switch, and the brake master cylinder (which I already have). Paint could use a little freshening, but clear title and no wrecks. Black on black leather with ttops and power everything. Sitting on staggered c5 5 spokes with BFG KDW's (295) out back.

how many miles on yours? How big is the motor?

Hit me up.