Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor

Year: 1997
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $7200
Mileage: 124000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OK
Color: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

up for sale is my 97 trans am. no set price right now just best offer. its a two toned fire amber orange and jet black, body has 1233x and was rebuilt no more than 30 miles ago. rebuild consists of eagle pistons, rods, crankshaft, comatic head gaskets, machined cast iron heads, still have alluminum ones tho. beehive springs, arp head bolts. 40lb injectors very sickening fast car and still able to drive for hours with out ever overheating. 160 thermostat, 410 gears, subframe connectors, forged ring and pinion aftermarket suspension work. ac delco plugs, taylor wires. this is wat was put back on from original owner eagle/ttt2 rims they all look the same, ram air hood, hurst shifter, slp line lock. Exhaust is new headers. pace setter headers with 3in exhaust and 3in straight pipe to two dynomax bullets right before the rear wheels, sounds amazing. the problem with the car is the car has broke the tailhousing of the tranny and with all the money i have put in the car i have none left for the tailhousing. my taxes after buying this car a year ago was all spent on these things and not to mention the money i just received for a 2003 50th anniversary corvette.
Attached Thumbnails For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor-image_029.jpg   For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor-image_009.jpg   For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor-image_010.jpg   For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor-image_011.jpg   For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor-image_014.jpg  

For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor-image_018.jpg  

Last edited by copper_ta97; 02-03-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a joke or something?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Teching In

no y?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Teching In

i fully rebuilt your old car.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

i fully rebuilt your old car.
Lol wo dude. Most definently not my old car. Just used to be local thats all.

vortec dsc1 supercharger.
Seriously? Look at this chart and show me where vortec makes a dsc1 :
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/scspecsheet.php

smallest pulley available makes 4 lbs of boost at an idle 24 when on it
Does it idle at 4500 rpm or something and I highly doubt 24lbs. Especially out of the same blower it had. If I recall it was the V-5 Ftrim which in the chart I posted you can clearly see it isn't capable of anything near that?

ttt2 rims
Try Eagle wheels maybe?

the problem with the car is the car made so much torque on the comp. it broke the tailhousing of the tranny loose and with all the money i have put in the car i have none left for the tailhousing. my asking price is pretty fair at 7200 considering the supercharger off the wall is 6100
baaahahahahahaha! Simply amazing

would consider trades but nothing embarrassing because i like to go fast and with the 542hp and 513tq this made on a comp at 4300rpms this car could easily go low 10s!... high 9s with a lil spray.
You'd be hard pressed to find something more embarrasing after a thread like this. Who did the tune? Any dyno sheets? On a comp. Like a computer? Did you google an online estimator or somthing?

Look I hate to be an ******* but if your gonna make a for sale thread try to be sensable. I'm surprised someone hasn't beat me to this. What your ask for your car is your business, but if you want to sell it you should try and be a little more realistic. I know this car pretty well and if you don't have the money to fix a tail shaft housing you probably couldn't phathom the amount of money you would need to make it as bad *** as you make it out to be. Good luck with the sale. Sounds like an amazing ride.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Teching In

you knew the car in coffeyville when it had made a lowsy 4 lbs of boost. a year ago. stock gears stock rear end stock everything but the blower. the blowers stamp says vortec and for the model number it says dsc1 so i assume its a dsc1 perhaps when it gets warm ill go out there and see if it says anything with the letter F in it. Its okay to be a jerk when your writing about a car you use to know. but u prob didnt know i just sold my 2003 corvette about 4 months ago after paying the lil loan i had on it the rest went into making this car. ive got 2 mechanics that have helped me build this recently and the horsepower and torque it was making came off a laptop it was set up for driving and posting the numbers. I never said it was to the ground but it still makes a lot of power. as far as the boost. 24lbs of boost is wat the gauge reads when you unleash it. i actually bought the heads off a fellow ls1 tech buddy. but thanks for the posts.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Teching In

i take that back. the one thats on there now doesnt even say vortec... just has a steel stamp that says ds-c1... the old one you knew was a vortec my bad let me change that.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

So you don't even know what you have for a blower? Thats a pretty key component.

Still never said who tuned it? Did this computer read the horsepower through the obd port? Or was it a Gtech through the cigarrette lighter? If so that would make it understandable that you also think its capable of 10's let alone 9's. I know I don't have to go out and read the tag on my blower to know its a D1SC.

You didn't make much sense but thats understandable as your probably making it up along the way. Hey i'll go along with it though. So what happened to the blower you took off the car? Since your making so much boost that the original blower wasn't capable of making half of?

I called the previous owener and it was a V1 he said.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

What is a forged rear end? Ive never heard of anything like that...is it a forged carrier? Or the housing? Forged ring and pinion?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Teching In

this is GREAT!!!!!! umm car looks great I could imagine it looks great in the light. I would say prob worth 4 max 5k.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Alright i have not said anything but sit back and laugh at this thread... I not saying i would love to have this car back anytime.. but i am callin bullshit on everything but u ******* up the tailshaft. That car did run really good when i had it even tho u say it only had 4 pounds or boost when i and my buddys have seen way more than that. If the motor is so called built you would think with all the money u were throwing around with all the so called new parts u think u could have replaced the broken radiator shroud.. i kinda doubt u have done anything to that car.. now 7500 is crazy talk considering i sold it to you for 6000 and it crazy how u have had it a year and it still has 123k miles on it. Well if u want to do some trading i have a 98 z28 with 130k miles and it runs and drives i consider trading u.. but if not i understand but i would quit the bullshit on the trans am i know everything about that car.. u could take the belt off the charger pulley and it would still run the same so that car is and still isnt tune right... the only thing going for the car is the hard work i put into that car and my buddies nice paint job and those are the same eagle alloys wheels i sold on the car i just sold u a rear set of tt2's with m/t radials on them if anyone wants to know anything about this car or if you wanna trade hit me up on here i got pics of the car when it was black and before i did all the work too it..
Old 02-02-2010, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Well.... it is a pretty car nonetheless. I suggest deleting your original post and have the original owner help you with a repost. He seems to know what it actually has into it. Shouldnt have any problem getting your money back on it for sure.
Just be honest and straightforward..anything less will bite you right in the ***.
Free Bump
Old 02-02-2010, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

damn skippy its a nice *** car wish i still had it

Quick Reply: For sale: Supercharged 97' fire amber orange transam with 24lb boost/full built motor