Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

99 Jeep TJ with LQ9

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 Jeep TJ with LQ9

Year: 1999
Make: Jeep
Model: TJ
Price: $12900
Mileage: 90000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Color: Gold
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

This has been my daily driver for the last year and have worked all of the swap bugs out of it but between family issues and being in college full time I can't afford to drive such an expensive vehicle. Will get more details and pics up soon. Price is with two sets of rims and tires, the summers that are on there now (General Grabbers on M/T Signature Series with matching spare) and the A/T's on set of AR Outlaw II's both have very low miles on them. If you want to make an offer PM me.

Located in upstate NY, can ship if needed.

Last edited by TierAngst; 08-22-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

would like some pics of under the hood and maybe a driving video?
Old 12-10-2010, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

New xenon 6" flares, you can see the old ones were a bit narrow for the tires and also starting to fade.
One of the bar speakers blew when I got it so I replaced both with 6.5" polk and replaced the 4x6" fronts with 5.25" round, also polk. The stereo (not the one pictured) is a clarion with blue tooth, usb and all that fancy stuff.
All four shocks are new bilsteins and gave it a fresh alignment after.
The pics of the engine bay were taken after the swap was completed and unfortunately not as clean anymore, though it's not disgusting and just has some road dirt typical of daily driving. Snow has been on the ground here for just over a week and that's the only winter it's seen since I've had it. It'll be off the road by Monday when I get my new winter rat registered and all that good stuff.
The B&M hammer shifter in the pics was in there when I got it and the cable snapped the second time I drove it. Replaced the cable and it was no good either so ended up replacing with a Lokar linkage operated one. I'll get pics of that up when I make the console look pretty (should be by next weekend), unless you're not real concerned with that then I'll post pics of it as is.
It has a soft top which I've never put on that'll be included.
4-wheel disc, 3.73's and posi on a ford 8.8 rear swap.
Jim Brink did the swap and still runs another LSX Jeep.

There is a scratch on the corner of the hardtop and one on the passenger door which are visible in the pics. Otherwise the paint and body are in great shape for being nearly 12 years old. The engine/trans are out of a 2004 Escalade (about 30K on them now), not real sure about the manifold and accessories though.

I'll see what I can do about a vid but all I've got is a cheap point and shoot camera.

Last edited by TierAngst; 08-18-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Bump for the day.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Officially off the road. Someone buy it so I can get it out of here now :-)
Old 12-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Launching!

bump......post it on jeepforum.com youll def get more action there
Old 03-27-2011, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

I'll probably be posting it on the jeep forum this time around...

I've had it stored all winter but the snow is leaving and it's going to warm up soon. Going to do a couple little touch ups and clean it again when the weather hits 50's. But if someone wants it, it's still up for grabs. Don't be afraid to make a serious offer.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 PM
9 Second Club

What transmission and grander case
Old 04-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Does this still have 4 wheel drive? why box it up for the winter, wouldn't this be like the BEST winter vehicle?

Also what kind of mpg do you get in this? Very interesting jeep! I'm guessing it's pretty quick? sounds mean?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Didn't you buy this off this website. That exact jeep was posted on here 1 1/2 years ago. I was real intrested in it. It has to be the same one.

Anyways..Sweeet ride..I wish it was a 6 speed...Thats always my hold up on these conversions
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

The trans is a 4L60E, the engine/trans were pulled together. Transfer case is the original with a H/D upgrade chain. If you're looking to do any super serious off-roading I'd probably swap it for something stronger but it works fine for regular driving and occasional mud/snow. But then again, if you're doing serious off-roading I don't know why you'd want such a nice jeep to start with. Plenty of beater jeeps out there to give further beatings.

Still has working 4X4, I took it off the road because I didn't want it getting salted up since it's never seen salt before and I knew I was going to sell it.

It gets about 14-15mpg which is pretty standard for jeeps even with the stock drivetrain.

It's very quick for what it is. Sound is rather mellow, didn't want it super loud, they're already loud enough with the wind noise (squares aren't exactly aerodynamic).

Yes it's the same one that was on here a while ago. I only drove it for around 5 months. I have a really terrible problem keeping vehicles, I just get bored quick and move on. I'm actually going to buy my 17th vehicle next week (I'm 24). This time I'm going for something cheap and practical (Saturn SC2, blah). Have too much $$ tied up in vehicles to be a poor college student!

Weather has been terrible here so I haven't got around to cleaning it and doing my final touch ups.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

I looked into converting it to a six speed since I've got a T56 kicking around but from what I read they don't hold clutches very well and the adapter has to be custom made, is pricey and not easily done. Some people have got away with using the factory manual from the jeep but they don't hold much power. They tend to break quickly behind a V8.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Whipped up something for the console and installed a digital gear indicator. Had to do some adjustments to the shifter but it's all back together and good to go. Forgot to bring my camera with me where I'm storing it to get video so just took a couple quick shots with the phone. Will get video up by end of week.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BUMP for a clean conversion
Old 05-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Launching!

I still cant believe its not sold yet....I love it....GLWS
Old 05-26-2011, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys. I'm rather surprised I haven't had more interest in it. I may just throw it on ebay and hope it makes reserve.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 398 Likes on 290 Posts

That Jeep is so understated with the way it looks.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Videos of cold startup and drive by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS5FY_vhVfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjixaXBFMME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2uGt2Bx10c
Old 05-31-2011, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Up top.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Question keeps popping up. It does not have A/C. It is possible to install it, or you can just do like most people with jeeps and cruise with the top off.

Quick Reply: 99 Jeep TJ with LQ9