Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

93 Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 93 Camaro Z28

Year: 1993
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $2500
Mileage: 116000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

1993 Camaro Z28 6 speed LT1, 116,000 miles.

I bought this car a few years ago and it was my intention of making it into a modern resto-modification. It needed some work in quite a few areas and I fixed most of the items in question, there are still some things that it needs but I no longer have time to work on it. I can give a much more detailed history to anyone who is interested as well as tons of pictures.

The paint and body are very sound, only minor scratches on the nose, no dents anywhere. The car was repainted by a previous owner and it still shines very well. OEM "Salad Shooters" are perfect with no scratches at all, tires still have plenty of tread.

Things I've replaced so far are as follows:
Exhaust:
Pacesetter Long tube Headers, Felpro Gaskets and Stage 8 Locking Hardware
Summit Racing 2.5" X-pipe system
Dynomax Bullet Mufflers to turn downs in front of rear axle
Bosch Heated O2 sensors with extension harness

Intake:
KN Ram Air system installed by previous owner
Intake manifold removed to remove EGR and EVAP systems during header install, intake resealed and replaced, no leaks
BBK Throttle Body

Misc:
HID headlights
Polyurethane Motor Mounts
Slotted/Crossdrilled brakes with new pads, done earlier this year.
Driver's side window motor and switch just replaced
All front end ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends, sway bar mounts and end links replaced.
OEM shocks and Springs installed on all four corners to replace unknown lowering kit of some kind.
Rear Hotchkis Control Arms, done be previous owner.
Rear sway bar mounts and end links replaced.
Tune was done by LT1pcmtuning.com and I also have all the parts to flash another chip if someone wanted to change the tune which will go with the car.
3.73 rear gear installed, factory was 3.23, done by previous owner.

There are a number of things this car needs in order to really be considered great:
Seats are out of an 00 Firebird, gray leather which is cracking and torn in several places on the drivers seat, others are good.
There is no headliner in the car.
The complete AC system under the hood is removed (no compressor, lines, or condenser in the grill) the evaporator is still under the dash and the large "black box" is still under the hood.
The power steering system is gone, pump, lines, and reservoir are all gone. I had planned to convert to a manual rack but have not had time to do so. There is a "low mount" alternator kit installed which is the only thing running off the front of the motor.
Dash pad is cracked in several places.
Center console ash tray door is missing.
There are some other little items I can list off in a detailed history to any interested parties, I'm not trying to hide anything and have an accurate list of all parts installed and things I would still do if I was keeping it.

Blue book values range from $4100-$3200, I'm asking $2500 OBO. Any interested parties should email ignatowicz913@gmail.com for more information.
Located in VA.
Attached Thumbnails 93 Camaro Z28-photo.jpg   93 Camaro Z28-photo-1-.jpg   93 Camaro Z28-photo-14-.jpg  

Last edited by iggy913; 07-11-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Teching In

I realized my photos are pretty poor and have since added an album on photobucket:

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...sram06/Camaro/
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Any interest at all?
Old 07-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Price lowered to $2500

I did place the car in the "What's it worth" forum and was given some assistance with my pricing.

Also it was brought to my attention that the car's Odometer numbers sitting slightly off center makes it suspicious for being rolled back. Looking at all the things I've mentioned up front I hope any potential buyer can see that I am trying to be honest, I could have not mentioned any of the things I've corrected and just all the positive modifications.

Shortly after I bought the car I did a lot of the work I mentioned in the original ad. The speedometer was about 10mph off at highway speeds, when I had the car tuned the tuner attempted to correct it. The speedometer reads much more accurate now, although as a side effect the odometer numbers began to stop off center. I have no idea what caused that, but I can assure anyone the odometer was not rolled back.

Thank you all again for looking.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Teching In

Price is negotiable everyone, the car literally sits in the driveway and I'm hoping there's someone out there who can use it.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 PM

I'm kinda feeling it. Problem is I'm still in Japan for a few more months...I might be able to work something with family picking up and paying but I don't know. I really want something that has all the creature comforts of a modern vehicle: example being AC and power steering. I'll PM you and see about some price negotiation.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wish it was local
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Sold, thanks for everyone's attention.