Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

FS or Trade: Heads/Cam 1994 Z28 - 400+ HP

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS or Trade: Heads/Cam 1994 Z28 - 400+ HP

I am trying to sell my metallic teal 1994 Camaro Z28 with 86,000 miles for $6000. I've been bitten by the motorcycle bug from riding my friend's ZX9R, so I want to buy a motorcycle soon. I will also consider trading for a sport bike (and maybe cash depending on the bike). Here's a partial list of modifications and options (probably forgetting some):

Factory Options
T-Tops
Cloth Interior
Power Windows
Power Locks
Power Driver’s Seat
Power Windows
Electric antenna

Appearance
RK Sport center exhaust ground effects
RK Sport spoiler
Suncoast Creations SS hood
Tinted Windows
Polished Chevrolet valvecovers
Partially polished accessory bracket
Partially polished intake manifold

Brakes
LS1 brake upgrade
Polished calipers
Cross-drilled and slotted rotors
Hawk HPS street pads in the front, ceramic pads in the rear (brand unknown)

Interior
Clarion CD with remote
Pioneer sail panel speakers
Alpine SPS-170A door speakers
MTX 8000 10" sub in driver's side stealthbox
Sony XPlode amp
Auto Meter triple gauge pod with Auto Meter gauges:
  Electronic fuel pressure gauge
  Transmission temperature gauge
  Vacuum gauge
Not installed:
  Nitrous pressure gauge

Wheels/Tires
American Racing Torque Thrust IIs:
  17x9.5 in front with 275 Nitto drag radials
  17x11 in rear with 315 Nitto drag radials

Engine Modifications
Stage 2 Heads (1.56 / 2.00 Ferrea valves)
Comp Cams 306 cam
Comp Cams chromemoly pushrods
Comp Cams Pro Magnum non self-aligning roller rocker arms 1.6 ratio
Cloyes double roller timing chain
Vented Optispark upgrade
1LE intake elbow
K&N cold air
160 degree thermostat
CSI electric water pump

Suspension
BMR lower panhard bar (black)
BMR sub frame connectors (black)
BMR strut tower brace (black)
V6 rear springs
Energy Suspension polyurethane swaybar bushings and endlinks

Drivetrain
Vigilante 3600 stall converter
Stock rear end with 3.23s
1LE transmission mount
B&M transmission cooler with fan

Fuel
Racetronics intank fuel pump 255 lph
SVO 30# injectors

Exhaust
Jet Hot coated Hooker longtubes
Lane’s 3” true dual exhaust with X-pipe and twisters, dumped before rear axle

Ignition
NGK TR6 spark plugs
MSD Digital 6-Plus
Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm wires
Over-the-valvecover spark plug wire kit

Misc.
LT1 Edit with cable
LT4 knock module
Alarm

The car has roughly 86,000 miles. The last time I got it dynoed, it put 342 hp to the rear wheels (will try to find the dyno sheet to get the torque rating). The transmission was slipping pretty bad at this point, so I don't know if it affected the numbers. Also, keep in mind that this car has a 3600 stall in it. The numbers changed quite a bit (torque especially) between runs. Last year, I ran a best of 12.6 at 107 mph at Ennis with the current setup. The only difference was that it was untuned and running really rich - so rich that it wouldn't register on the wideband. Later last year, I got it tuned by Speedtek. The car definitely felt a lot faster after that. I can't know for sure, but I'm estimating at least 420 fwhp - probably a bit more.

Now we get to the bad stuff. The dash piece next to the windshield is cracked in half. Last year, I was driving in the rain with pretty bald Nitto drag radials, and the car hydroplaned. It spun around, and I hit a wall on the highway. When I hit it, I was probably down to about 15 mph. Needless to say, there was some frame damage. Most of the front end has pretty good paint, since it was all repaired and repainted. Unfortunately, the front bumper cover has not held up well over the past year and has a ton of rock chips on it. It should probably be replaced.

What caused me to really considering selling the car is what happened last week. While I was just normally driving around, the 3-4 clutch pack apparently went, and now it only has 1st and 2nd gear. This is the third transmission I have been through since I bought the car a year and a half ago. The original transmission went, and I put in another stock 4L60E. This one lasted okay for awhile, but after the installation of a shift kit and vacuum modulator, it started flaring on the 2-3 shift. A few months ago, I bought a built transmission from an individual on one of the forums, and this is the one that is currently in the car that just went. I have wasted too much money on transmissions...enough that I could have bought a pretty good one from a shop. So basically, the transmission needs to be rebuilt by a reputable shop. I was wanting to use Cahall Performance Transmissions to rebuild it based on their reputation on CamaroZ28.com. It would cost about $1500, including shipping to and from them. I still have the previous transmission that is still driveable that I could put in so you can drive the car around for awhile.

I am asking $6000 for the car as-is. If you are interested but do not want to mess with the transmission, I can do the work of pulling the transmission and installing a built one for you (that you buy) for no charge. I definitely have enough experience. I actually enjoy working on cars and have a lot of experience, so if you are close, I can help you with anything you need. I also have a Nitrous Express wet kit with Gen X-II upgrade that I can include for $500 and can install it if you want.

If the car does not sell within a month or so, I will probably pull the transmission and get it rebuilt. I don't have the money for that right now, though. If I do, the price will go up to $7500.

You can view some pictures of the car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/physics. For any questions, e-mail denton at imagelib.org, PM me or call me at 940-595-1182 (name is Denton).
Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Teching In

Very interested in the car. I have a few bikes that I might be able to trade for let me know what your looking for.----Chris
Old 11-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Teching In

I am basically looking at anything from 600cc to a liter bike. What do you have? Also, where are you located?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Teching In

I have a 2004 R6 that was my friends, he going to the army so I took it over. its the limited edtion silver w/ flames. It has been down once, slow speed. It needs a front headlight & front upper. The bike only has 3??? miles. I can get some pics up hopefully in a day or so. Can I get some more pics of the car too? Let me know. ---Chris
Old 11-07-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

I had the same thing, I sold my LS1 and got a gixxer 600. It's fun and all, but now im kicking myself in the ***, deffinitely regretting it, now im going to be selling the bike and looking to get back in a fbody, hopefully a boosted one. Just think it thru man, make sure your making the right decision. Goodluck.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Red91vette
I had the same thing, I sold my LS1 and got a gixxer 600. It's fun and all, but now im kicking myself in the ***, deffinitely regretting it, now im going to be selling the bike and looking to get back in a fbody, hopefully a boosted one. Just think it thru man, make sure your making the right decision. Goodluck.
Luckily, I have my girlfriend's Mustang to drive on the days when I won't feel like riding. I just don't get as much fun out of the Camaro as I did when I first got it, unfortunately. Of course, as soon as I decided to sell it, gas prices started dropping. That really wasn't too much of an issue, though. Thanks, and I will definitely try to consider my options.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speed disease
I have a 2004 R6 that was my friends, he going to the army so I took it over. its the limited edtion silver w/ flames. It has been down once, slow speed. It needs a front headlight & front upper. The bike only has 3??? miles. I can get some pics up hopefully in a day or so. Can I get some more pics of the car too? Let me know. ---Chris
Okay, let me know when you can get pictures up. Any idea how expensive a front headlight and upper are? I will try to get some new pictures of the Camaro in a day or two.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Teching In

I think brand new the light is like $325 and the upper like $250. You can buy the parts for cheap on the net. If you like it we can work something out. I will post the pics this evening...Chris
Old 11-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Teching In

I took a lot (~60) pictures of the car yesterday. They are available at http://photobucket.com/albums/y134/Tink3883/. I tried to take pictures from all angles and to show any flaws I could find.

The body kit has paint missing in several spots - seems like improper paint prep. Like I mentioned, the front bumper cover should be replaced. I had a minor bump with a garage trying to get my car out with someone behind me. Also, the body shop definitely did not prep well, because less than a year later, there were roughly 100 rock chips on it. A friend tried moving my car in the garage for me, and the passenger's side mirror housing got hit, so that's where the scratches there came from. Next to the antenna, the paint there started bubbling for some reason.

Other than those things, there's mainly some random rock chips. The interior is a little dirty, because I haven't had time to fully clean it yet. If someone wants more pictures of the car, just let me know.