1986 Stage II Buick Grand National "FEAR" For Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Stage II Buick Grand National "FEAR" For Sale!

Ok guys, here it goes. Due to finances in these tough times, my wife thinks I should put my baby on the block? Not sure how many of you know who this car is, but "Fear" was name given back when it was built at Conleys Performance. This car is known through out the Buick Community and other automotive communities as one of the sickest, fastest stock style suspension GN's in the country. Its non back halved, no mini tubs, NO fiberglass with all original steel and bumpers and its got Ttops that do work nicely, since i had them redone. We run 10.5 inch tires, drag radials and now 10.5" hoosers. No expense has been spared and the car actually hasnt been done for to long. Jan Mohler Of Arizona GN and Len Freeman(driver of the Worlds fastest Grand National @6.92 1/4 with Kenny Dutweiler), have had the pleasure at fine tuning this car since I moved to Phoenix AZ 10 months ago. Car just got completed right before the move and still needed some tweaking and tuning for the massive turbo we have on it.
You can view some shake down passes at www.streetfire.net and search type in Fear and hit all vids, and you will see several vids of car and 1 runs shake down passes at low boost, testing the converter and tires.

Here is a small run down of what the car has:
*277 cubic inch, the very best stage II On-Center block with forged internals, and Solid Roller Cam
*9 to.5 compression, with 4 Barrell Intake converted Fuel Injection, Fast system with Boost controller, Billet Crank, 3.50 Gears, Aluminum Driveshaft, Ford 9 inch Rear End, with aluminum Chunk, Spool and 35 spline Gun drilled axles.
* Dusty Bradford Special racing converter, that we just are putting back into the car. We had to lossen it 400 rpms, to tight and hard on the tires on launch. Cannot remember company name, but its one of the best out there for a high horsepower car, that wants to be efficient on the big end. We have a Turbo 400 built by Len Freeman of Freeman Transmissions in Vegas, this thing cant break, he builds only the best and strongest.
* PT *91.5 Turbo with 5 inch down pipe, Cold fusion Nitrous for spool ups on the transbreak, and a new massive intercooler, which for the life of me I cant remember right off hand the name, will put that in later.
Suspension is simple and was thinking of putting QA1's on it to put power down even better: Some wolf components,Upper and lower Control arms, Set Pinion angle, 90/10 front shocks, 50/50 rear shocks.
* I do not have pics of car with new interior. We customized it some, by taking out the speedometer and putting the black iodized plate in its place, with the boost controller right in the middle. We have a custom "Fear" Racing block plate where the stereo/Ac use to be and we have brand new black carpet, since I wanted all the old stuff out and cleaned up with lighter material. Racing Kirkey seats adorn the front now and there is no back seat, but nicely carpeted in Black. We have also cleaned up the engine bay and removed the Wheel wells with a new Firewall and piping. This adds some cleaner lines to the car and a cleaner look with the hood up. The Fast System has been moved to the glove box, thank to the fabrication work of Jan Mohler. This is a one off for these car and I cant even tell you the 1 off fab work thats in this car compared to some pieced together race cars out there. We always wanted to be different when we built this car. I will be going to the Pinks 1320x event Nov 1st and also again in Sept for some test runs. We will have some 8.5 runs coming at 167+ mph easy, and thats not pushing this car. Heck I ran a 9.12 @160, getting out of it 5 times, at 115 degree temps with track issues. I drive the car to the store every now and again, other then that its only driven at track and gets allot of attention everywhere it goes. Pop the hood and it like watching kids at the candy store, really.

I am asking $36k for Fear. Anyone who has built something like this stage II, knows I got twice that in the car. But, hey if someone cant afford it, thats fine. Thats one reason for me to keep this and tell my wife, hey I did what you asked, and the right buyer just isnt out there right now. I will try and upload a couple of older Vids of the car, before the Kirkey seats and new inside look. I can be reached at 480-226-9194, SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY PLEASE! I may look at good portion of Cash with a unique trade to get there, but lets have a meeting of the minds and see what is presented. again go to www.streetfire.net, search Fear and hit all vids. There are 3 or 4 vids of car, talking about the car on a walk around and one at the track up close. Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails 1986 Stage II Buick Grand National "FEAR" For Sale!-gn-pic.jpg   1986 Stage II Buick Grand National "FEAR" For Sale!-gn4.jpg   1986 Stage II Buick Grand National "FEAR" For Sale!-gn.jpg  

Last edited by FEARR; 09-24-2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: vid
Old 08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Come on now, now comments at all? Your going to make this easy for keeping, thanks! 1200 HP icon, the Buick Grandnational!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that is f**king bad ***... but not too many people got that kinda coin right now for toys!

good luck BUMP!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Posi12Bolt
that is f**king bad ***... but not too many people got that kinda coin right now for toys!

good luck BUMP!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Thanks Guys. I understand for sure, believe me. But, I got to at least try to make moma happy
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Badhawk
Especially Badhawk with all his toys
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Posi12Bolt

good luck BUMP!
You got some toys too, damn
Old 08-22-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

I'll take 2 please!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sicko
I'll take 2 please!
Yea, me too. One truly for the street and then this one, just for the fear factor
Old 08-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Teching In

No Body
Old 08-24-2008, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Nice car!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Teching In

No trades or interest? Thanks guys
Old 08-26-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my t/a? straight across.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Depends on the TA your talking about? Or 2 cars Lord knows you have enough
Old 08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is totally cool.....
Old 08-30-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Are you sure you done start on fire when you nail the accelerator? Where did you put the flux capacitor? I didn't see it in the pictures...
Old 08-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sicko
Are you sure you done start on fire when you nail the accelerator? Where did you put the flux capacitor? I didn't see it in the pictures...
Thats a good one
Old 08-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Now that is one SICK ride! Dam*, to have more $$$$

Old 08-30-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

maybe some day... =(
Old 08-31-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow man, I can't believe you're actually selling it. I used to follow your posts a while ago on TB.com. That car is DIRTY fast! I remember that video of when you were taking your buddy down those side-roads. It looked ridiculous. lol

I wish I had the cash bud... Interested in a fully restored 383ci 70' Nova by chance?

Good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: 1986 Stage II Buick Grand National "FEAR" For Sale!